WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also been thinking of you, Lindsey. You have been in many of my thoughts and prays. I hope the fund raiser goes well, good luck with it..

A great big thank you to Marlayna McBride and her crew at Jakes for the amazing outpouring of love they showed us tonight.

It was a great show and a huge success. Thank you to all of the locals (including Ehron Ericksons family) for coming and showing your support. Truly amazing time.
And thank you to all of the businesses that donated to the raffle. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Prayers you are home soon, sweetie.

Salem

23 Washington Children Rescued In Nationwide Child Prostitution Bust

Posted: 11:56 am PST November 8, 2010Updated: 6:19 pm PST November 8, 2010
SEATTLE -- The FBI and several Washington state law enforcement agencies rescued 69 child prostitutes during a massive three-day operation nationwide over the weekend, the FBI said.

The rescue included 23 children in Washington state, the FBI said.

That number was higher than in any other state in the nationwide sweep, the FBI said.

“…That’s sad; that’s scary; that’s the third year in a row that’s been the case,” said Steven Dean, assistant special agent in charge of today’s busts in Washington.

Rescuing young prostitutes is a top priority for the FBI and police in Seattle, Everett and Tacoma, Dean said.

“The makeups of these kids are everybody: kids that are coming from solid homes and are good students prior to being caught up in prostitution,” Dean said.

Shelia Houston was a former child prostitute starting when she was just 16, she said. She married a man who became her pimp, she said.

“I ended up involved in prostitution because he said, ‘if you do this, this means that you really love me,” Houston said.

Houston now leads a 13-member team that tries to coax young women off the streets of Seattle every week.

“We try to be that light in a dark place for young women…that will allow them to go the distance, not just be in and out of a system” she said.

The young prostitutes rescued over the weekend will not be charged with crimes, Seattle Police said. Instead, they will be turned over to social service agencies so they can get help.

The FBI operation spanned 40 cities across 34 FBI divisions around the country and led to the recovery of 69 children who were being victimized through prostitution, the FBI said. Additionally, nearly 885 others, including 99 pimps, were arrested on state and local charges, the FBI said.

“Child prostitution continues to be a significant problem in our country, as evidenced by the number of children rescued through the continued efforts of our crimes against children task forces," said Shawn Henry, executive assistant director of the FBI's Criminal, Cyber, Response, and Services Branch. "There is no work more important than protecting America's children and freeing them from the cycle of victimization. Through our strategic partnerships with state and local law enforcement agencies, we are able to make a difference."

http://www.kirotv.com/news/25674353/detail.html

Still on my mind day and night, I pray for answers or your safe return. Love, Hugs, and Prayers to you and your family.

If you have hit a roadblock.
Its time for an update.

You should be here with your mom and cousins and friends. I love you sweetheart and think of you every single day. And I continue to pray hard for you :praying:

I've been thinking about Lindsey a lot lately and haven't made it over to post.

Where are you little one?

:praying:

Thinking of you this Thanksgiving and wondering where you are. I am hoping and praying that you will soon be found.. May God be watching over you.

:rose: Thinking of you today sweet Lindsey.

Two reports of attempted child luring have been reported in the area of Roosevelt Elementary School, according to a letter sent home to parents this week.

According to Olympia police:

In one incident, a child was motioned to approach a parked vehicle by a white male in his late 20s or early 30s, with red hair and a goatee. The man was driving a dull-red truck with a matching camper shell. The truck had a 6-inch silver/white stripe along the side.

A second incident involved a different vehicle and a different student, at Phoenix Street and Prospect Avenue. An adult male reportedly followed a student as he walked home, stopping whenever the student stopped. The man is described as having dark hair and wearing a Seattle Mariners cap. He was in a blue, four-door car.

Olympia police have increased patrols in the area, according to Sgt. Dan Wojtech.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Olympia Police Department at 360-753-8300 or 911.

http://www.theolympian.com/2010/12/04/1462307/olympia-police-informed-of-2-attempts.html

Published March 05, 2010​
When the resident asked the man for identification, the man said he would get it from his vehicle but instead drove away. The man was described as 5 feet 9, 20 to 25 years old, with a thin build and reddish-brown hair. His vehicle was described as a silver, newer-model Mazda sedan with a yellow

reddish-brown hair? Silver Model Sedan, I Wonder.

Where did this one occur? No streets listed on the link provided about the first attempted abduction.

I hope they are able to give more details about that 4 door vehicle/dark-hair.

After reading about the latest abductions attempts in the above posting by SarahC.
I added b and c to the following map with locations of interest i created a few months ago.

If someone living in Olympia and McCleary could give me the EXACT email or links to emails to send the following link to the map, to LE it would be greatly appreciated. I want to be sure to send to the correct place, and those living in the areas, would know where to send.
Thank you in advance for your help.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Mccleary,+McCleary,+WA&daddr=Roosevelt+Elementary+School+near+Olympia,+WA+to:phoenix+Street+and+Prospect+Avenue+to:Ethridge+Ave+NE,+Olympia,+WA+98506+to:2707+Conger+Avenue+Northwest,+Olympia,+WA%E2%80%8E+to:Madison+and+birch+to:Birch+St+NW&hl=en&geocode=FV_5zQIdaR6n-CkPWcQRh4ORVDErWxnC_N9udQ%3BFWYGzgIdKe2s-CFghSHKLdZiNw%3BFZrpzQIdaDqt-ClvNS3E1XSRVDF5G_AFzsQFnQ%3BFTwUzgIdI_-s-CmZGS99MXWRVDFnGcOw-HvRPA%3BFUjxzQIdXxWs-Clfa1eqn3WRVDHYE8sXHg2wMg%3BFSLszQIdtzKs-CkZSOe8CnWRVDE4kUNjcSaSRg%3BFbrozQIdujKs-A&mra=ps&sll=47.050125,-122.938213&sspn=0.060704,0.178871&ie=UTF8&ll=47.053283,-122.939758&spn=0.0607,0.178871&z=13&lci=bike

If someone living in Olympia and McCleary could give me the EXACT email or links to emails to send the following link to the map, to LE it would be greatly appreciated. I want to be sure to send to the correct place, and those living in the areas, would know where to send.
Thank you in advance for your help.
soadmin@co.grays-harbor.wa.us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members