WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This family is very interesting and they were the last to talk to Lindsey...maybe not see her...but talk to her. Two people have mentioned seeing her on the way home, but without talking to her...they would have no idea what conversations could have taken place at her friend's house. Perhaps someone there arranged to see her later?

We know by her myspace that this wasn't your typical innocent 10 almost 11 yo female. If she was the one writing and setting up her myspace page...she was into more than I could have imagined at that age. My kids were still into playing games, riding bikes, and hating boys at that point. They were not thinking of relationships, love interests, and more teenage type things.

If a man approached her...it makes me wonder how she would have reacted. Would she have been flattered by the attention? The Uncle would have been aware of her myspace site and so would his son. She may not have seen them as a threat at all.

Rumor alert - I read somewhere today (oh where was it?) that there were four adults at KK's house that night. I wonder if he was one of them.

I thought she looked suspicious in that video - lots of posters thought that, like she might know something. Too bad she didn't write about that in any of her posts you know where! If she does know something and didn't tell LE she would be as guilty as the one who took her I think. IMO

OK. Lindsey's mom just had a baby girl (Alaura) in Jan 08? The father is who and is he in the pic still (her status says she's in a relationship)....sorry if this is being rehashed already...

This family is very interesting and they were the last to talk to Lindsey...maybe not see her...but talk to her. Two people have mentioned seeing her on the way home, but without talking to her...they would have no idea what conversations could have taken place at her friend's house. Perhaps someone there arranged to see her later?

That could well be SS. Xlnt sleuthing there. I did read in one of today's articles that LE thinks she might have been taken against her will. Someone might have mentioned to her doing something later, and then left right away and snatched her against her will, pulling her into a car. It could have even been more than one guy, although it seems LE has given the impression os a sole perp from reading their list of what to look for. Hmmmmmmmm

That could well be SS. Xlnt sleuthing there. I did read in one of today's articles that LE thinks she might have been taken against her will. Someone might have mentioned to her doing something later, and then left right away and snatched her against her will, pulling her into a car. It could have even been more than one guy, although it seems LE has given the impression os a sole perp from reading their list of what to look for. Hmmmmmmmm
I was thinking more of telling her to meet him in some remote location later so he could avoid suspicion by suddenly leaving. If she went there and waited alone on him...he would not have needed to force her into his vehicle or anything. She would have then just been at his mercy once she was in the car or he had gained control of the situation.

again...these kids myspace seem so adult...could attract a perp..? and when you see them on the news...they are still just babies.....sad...so sad....

I also wonder if this was the reason Lindsey wasn't allowed to stay overnight with her friend? It would make sense if mom had company for the night.

That would make sense to me too.

Okay, one more post before I call it a night. I just did some digging around Myspace pages to see if I could find a boy named Eric (the one drunk Mark mentioned). I did not come up with one. I looked at lots of friends' lists and no sign of one.

But while looking at photos, I realized that the Michelle that seems to be on the kids' myspace pages, who is in her early 30s, is Kayla's aunt. If I'm not mistaken, she is KK's sister-in-law.

KK also has a son who looks to be 12 or 13. No sign of an Eric on his page either.

I'm not done looking at the pages but I'm too tired to look more tonight so I'll try again tomorrow.

Night all!

when looking thru myspace's and so on....did anyone see a white car?.....the reason i ask is early on....i read that someone said a white car had bothered one of the kids before....this may just be a rumor....but i was curious if there were any white cars in pics

That could change everything...the witnesses see her, assume she's walking to her home, but instead she takes another route to re-group with the perp (assuming it's the family friend who had sent her brother home earlier, or someone else). Wondering where their family friends live in relation to the scenes...

That would make sense to me too.

Okay, one more post before I call it a night. I just did some digging around Myspace pages to see if I could find a boy named Eric (the one drunk Mark mentioned). I did not come up with one. I looked at lots of friends' lists and no sign of one.

But while looking at photos, I realized that the Michelle that seems to be on the kids' myspace pages, who is in her early 30s, is Kayla's aunt. If I'm not mistaken, she is KK's sister-in-law.

KK also has a son who looks to be 12 or 13. No sign of an Eric on his page either.

I'm not done looking at the pages but I'm too tired to look more tonight so I'll try again tomorrow.

Night all!
Since this Eric guy is talking confidentially to the drunk...I am going out on a limb and assuming Eric is over 21, hangs out in the bars, and likes to brag when he is drinking. How old is this Mark fella?

That could change everything...the witnesses see her, assume she's walking to her home, but instead she takes another route to re-group with the perp (assuming it's the family friend who had sent her brother home earlier, or someone else). Wondering where their family friends live in relation to the scenes...
A pre-planned detour would explain a lot.

looking thru myspace's i did find an eric...but it says he is in OR....i would think we are looking for an eric closer to home?

Where in OR? Conceivably could be the same...Olympia and that area approx 1.5 hrs to border with OR

A pre-planned detour would explain a lot.

Both witnesses that saw her said it was on Maple. Maybe she took a right at the next street going south.

I am really amazed no one else saw her walking, or a car stopping, pulling over to the side and going back driving right away. It wasn't even really dusk yet as we saw in that photo tonight.

The other thought I've been mulling over tonight is did you notice how suddenly today the vibrations in the case have turned up a couple of big notches? LE came out with some thoughts aimed at the locals, the search was ramped up almost double today, a FBI Biggie was announced as working on the case and we did learn of 2 people who have been cleared leaving one who wasn't which is so odd.

Where in OR? Conceivably could be the same...Olympia and that area approx 1.5 hrs to border with OR

i thought the drunk guy was pointing about *eric* living in mccleary?...so OR would be out....??....did i understand that right? :)

Yep- it's def taken over the local NW news here, moreso than even the MJackson story. Esp more focus and "amp value" today.

So my question is, is KK avoiding a poly test (due to her involvement, or perhaps she has her own suspicions about someone she knows), or has LE not offered one to her yet?

I'm hoping there'll be answers tomorrow. If anything interesting crops up I'm sure one of us NW peeps will post it....night WS

Hi Be Adequite, Oregon is directly south and adjacent to Washington. It is separated by the Columbia River.It is a 3 hour drive to Seattle from Portland, so maybe a bit over 1.5 hours drive to Olympia then 20 miles more to McCleary. Olympia is almost straight above Portland on the map so it is not hard driving, just takes time.

I's say it is probably a 2 hour drive from Portland to McCleary.

Acc to a map chart it is 132 miles from Portland to Montesano. That's about 2 hours if you allow for traffic and the few miles difference further from McCleary to Montesano.

Yep- it's def taken over the local NW news here, moreso than even the MJackson story. Esp more focus and "amp value" today.

So my question is, is KK avoiding a poly test (due to her involvement, or perhaps she has her own suspicions about someone she knows), or has LE not offered one to her yet?

I'm hoping there'll be answers tomorrow. If anything interesting crops up I'm sure one of us NW peeps will post it....night WS

Night Be Adequite, I don't know her status with the LD except she wasn't mentioned passing it. And since she was one of the last people to see Lindsay I can't imagine them not giving her one.

I think she knew someone had been kind of giving Lindsay sweet looks, always glancing over at her, you know shmo how it goes! I think KK could have put 2 + 2 together which is why her video looked so out of cinque with us here. It hit her and she had to vent, but not to authorities, but rather to people her own age, and went post-al. IMO

See you tomoz :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member