WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that it probably doesn't mean anything, but has anyone noticed that Melissa always refers to the "they" htat have her daughter? "they need to let her go". "if they are feeding her", "whoever they are"...no "He", no "the person", just "they". Why is she so sure that Lindsey was taken by more than one person?

ETA: I'm not saying that I think her mother was involved. I don't. But I think that she may have something in her subconscious that she knows, but won't fully acknowledge.

I think it is just a semantics thing, NMK. We had this same discussion on one of the other cases, too. Sometimes it is a regional thing, or just improper grammatical usage of pronouns.

The position of the cameras explain why she wasn't caught on tape, imo.

Since I live in Oregon, and we aren't allowed to pump our own gas, yay, there is always an attendent there when the gas station is open. I don't know about Washington State though, and I don't know how much access a person inside the little store area would be able to see down Maple Street. I have read that it is open 24/7 though. With such little traffic, or movement of any kind on those pics that were posted, I can't imagine anyone working at the Shell store not noticing anything.
moo
Hmmm..and pot is legal there, too....right?! Coincidence? I think not. hehehe JK (I wish we could not pump our own gas! Where do we get a law like that?! I want to sign up.)

Unless they were taking a smoke break outside and happened to be looking...they probably wouldn't notice a kid running around since it appears it is not a big deal in that small town anyway.

Ok, but she was seen between 5th and 6th on Maple, and isn't that only two blocks from the Shell station?
So she disappeared between 5th and 3rd, correct?

The beehive RC is on 6th and Maple, do they have people who work there? What time is their shift change?
Is the RC a nursing home? I hope LE has looked into the people employed there. moo

ETA; imo, nursing homes hire a lot of people who aren't that well adjusted, let's say, because it's not a job many want. moo

But the bushes block the view. Like I said, if the trees and bushes weren't there the most you could see is a few blocks. With them there you can't really see down there from the pumps. You could if you moved to the corner of Mommsen Street and looked down Maple.

Yes, Beehive is on the corner of 6th and Maple. Yes, they have people that work there, I don't know how many are on shift during the nights. I'm sure LE has looked at them.. from what I understand everyone in McCleary was talked to several times over.

And as far as the type of people employed there, no clue. I've never been in the building nor do I know anyone that works there. But I agree there is a high turn over rate for caregivers because it isn't a job many want.

ETA: It's on 6th and Maple. The addresses in that town are wonky (well they are in my town too) and I think they only make sense to the US postal system and not anyone else.

Sure, why not? It could very well be. She said she was having nightmares according to reports. (The Psych Doc on NG said it was due to the divorce, but she doesn't believe in having psychic visions, imo.) However, I know plenty of people who have felt a foreboding/had nightmares prior to something major happening to them. Lindsey was right, wasn't she?

I agree. Her mother also said in an article yesterday that she was superstitious, that she wouldn't go outside during the witching hour which is between 12 and 1:00a.m. So it doesn't surprise me that she would pay attention to those feelings.

Ok, but she was seen between 5th and 6th on Maple, and isn't that only two blocks from the Shell station?
So she disappeared between 5th and 3rd, correct?

The beehive RC is on 6th and Maple, do they have people who work there? What time is their shift change?
Is the RC a nursing home? I hope LE has looked into the people employed there. moo

ETA; imo, nursing homes hire a lot of people who aren't that well adjusted, let's say, because it's not a job many want. moo

ETA; just looked it up, the addy is 401 Maple ST. Wouldn't that be on the corner of 4th and Maple, not 6th and Maple. That puts Lindsay disappearance too close to ignore the employees working there. Lindsay would be walking toward 4th after being seen by the lady going to work. imo.
I agree there could be some unsavory characters working in a nursing home and they should be looked at carefully, too.

It is simply amazing to me how many potential suspects we can find in a small town on a stretch of road in a half mile distance! :eek: The Shell Station and customers, the nursing home, the hospital, the police station, the neighbors, and the list keeps growing...

I agree. Her mother also said in an article yesterday that she was superstitious, that she wouldn't go outside during the witching hour which is between 12 and 1:00a.m. So it doesn't surprise me that she would pay attention to those feelings.
Yes. I recall reading that. Interesting. I also thought to myself why was she up at midnight at her age and wanting something from the car? :waitasec:

respectfully snipped -

I want to know if ANY of those adults left that house within minutes of little Lindsey walking towards her home.

I want to know that, too. She might have a gut feeling about it but is also in denial and can't bring herself to find out for sure. That would explain why she closed her eyes while she was talking during that interview.

I guess I need to go find that video now!

O/T but everytime my Husband has deployed, my children are afraid for him. I try to comfort them, assure them but bottom line they are scared that something may happen to their daddy during the deployment. So IMHO it's very possible that she was referring to the impending deployment of her father.

On another note, there was some discussion as to why her Father had not gone to WA as of yet and it was suggested that the Military might be lagging a bit...they have rules and regs that must be complied with...etc...this is true.

However, in all the years that I have been a military wife, I have yet to see emergency leave not immediately granted to a soldier with a red cross message that warranted it. This would definately warrant it. His chain of command would have been all over that, and they would have granted him Emergency Leave and worked up his paperwork and have it waiting in the wings in order to keep him out of the deployment. Even in the NG he can remain in the rear, no problem there.

All of this could have been done, and probably has been done. Except the soldier can refuse leave if he/she chooses. If he has chosen to do that, it's not something to be judgemental about...it's difficult to explain but he feels he owes his fellow comrades...can't explain it here.

Also there was a question asked if this could be a ploy for him to avoid deployment. No. I've never seen a soldier pull something like that. I have seen wives and other family members pull out all the stops and create madness and mayhem but not the soldier. They usually fake an injury..etc. LOL funny but true in my experience (and I have seen some loo-loo's)!

Okay what is really bothering me tonight besides not being able to find the job description of the first eyewitness?

Why didn't the dogs pick up a scent? It was reported that the dogs crisscrossed the town 3 times but no scent of Lindsey anywhere?

Any seasoned members care to comment? TIA

ETA: If a soldier is in a combat theater (iraq..etc..) it can take up to three days to get him/her out of that theater and back to the USA. 72 hours is the standard.

Yes. I recall reading that. Interesting. I also thought to myself why was she up at midnight at her age and wanting something from the car? :waitasec:

I'm a guilty parent when it comes to letting my kids stay up as late as they want during the summer (not out running around but they can watch tv and stuff). And I don't know how many times my daughter would remember she left her DS, MP3 player, book or some other random object in the car and she needed it RIGHT NOW!

I'm a guilty parent when it comes to letting my kids stay up as late as they want during the summer (not out running around but they can watch tv and stuff). And I don't know how many times my daughter would remember she left her DS, MP3 player, book or some other random object in the car and she needed it RIGHT NOW!
I guess people are more flexible in the summer months. My kids were usually worn out long before midnight tho (or was that me?! LOL).

I guess people are more flexible in the summer months. My kids were usually worn out long before midnight tho (or was that me?! LOL).

Well mine are older now (youngest is 14) and it's not like it was always that way. They had bed times when they were younger (I honestly can't remember when they actually were allowed to stay up later.. I guess 10 or 11 maybe).

But I know they aren't leaving the house or getting into stuff so I never worry about them not being up later than me.

Her comment about being scared something bad was going to happen is very strange and compelling. What would make her say that? Is it something that is just simply prophetic?

I'm just now going to the last page, so sorry if this was answered.
I believe, imo, it was a combination of fear of her brother, maybe...and supposedly a white car had been "following" her (secondhand info, take it as you will.)

...but did they pick up her scent between 5th and 6th on maple where she was supposed to be confirmed to be seen....it's my understanding they did not pick up a scent at all....how is that possible...

Hmmm..and pot is legal there, too....right?! Coincidence? I think not. hehehe JK (I wish we could not pump our own gas! Where do we get a law like that?! I want to sign up.)

Unless they were taking a smoke break outside and happened to be looking...they probably wouldn't notice a kid running around since it appears it is not a big deal in that small town anyway.

I worked in a ICF many years ago that had a 5 to 9 pm shift, to help feed, and pass out 8 pm snacks, and help with transferring two person lifts.
There are also laundry, and cooking workers who may get off around that time of evening.
You don't have to be a RSO to be an SO. moo
I just hope they haven't been overlooked, that's all I'm saying. She hasn't lived in that town very long I don't think since she was going to school in Elma, so she hasn't been walking around that town too long, and apparently not alone. It could be a crime of opportunity, moo.

ETA; from the pics that were posted, it appears to me that very few people are out and about at that time of evening. If a car passed the Shell station that is normal for it to be seen, they wouldn't get a second glance. It's just a thought, that's all I'm saying.

Wow - been catching up on the info here and this thread is packed full of info. thanks.

Lindsey was in a pool all day swimming - does anyone know if chlorine and other pool chemicals mask a person's scent? TIA

ALSO - have any of the locals been by Lindsey's home? Is her block all homes or some empty lots and woods? TIA

...but did they pick up her scent between 5th and 6th on maple where she was supposed to be confirmed to be seen....it's my understanding they did not pick up a scent at all....how is that possible...
LE stated in an article (Angel has them together on the last page, I think.) that the heat could have dissipated the scent from the cement and her scent from other areas where she was known to play etc was "vanishing". Odd statements to me. I have never heard of heat causing a scent to vanish before. (Lay something smelly outside in 100 degree heat and see if the smell goes away quickly. LOL)

During the Kesse case, we had a couple of dog trainers explain how the dogs track and there are two ways. One follows the scent on the ground and the other follows the scent in the air, IIRC. Skin sloughing off is part of the tracking detail. (Gosh, has been so long I have forgotten the best info!)

I don't post on WS very often, but I read here every single day. Like a bad train wreck, I can't help it. It makes me physically ill to see all of these children missing.

I don't know if you all have read this on a blog belonging to WK. It is a little alarming but may be nothing. I hope not. This is a cached blog. Start at the bottom first, please:

http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache...es+kampen+washington&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl