WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. A little alarming is an understatement. This guy sounds like he has some deep issues and admits to having a sordid history. Time to find out what kind of history. It is also frightening to note he had custody of his son during that time from the age of 2 yo, but he was about 14 yo then.

Why would a person leave those things on a blog when he could simply delete them? He goes into great detail about his inability to control himself time after time. Very frightening indeed.

I think he is older than 28. We've learned that on Myspace you can be any age you want to be.

I started a small time-line on the 1st thread and can't get to it. Anybody know how I can get to thread 1? TIA

The information that Lindsey was swimming came out early, one of the first few days. Said she was swimming with her friends, no time span was included, but it was during the day she went missing. Don't know where the girls were at...I think there were several friends. They went to the video store, she went home, and walked to her friend's home to see if she could stay the night. The info about the pool was out very early on and not discussed much.
I will find it for you. :)

Hi, Is that in Montesano? There is a state correctional facility in Shelton too, isn't there? All these little towns are relatively close together, 15 to 20 miles apart or less as I remember. There could be people that come from those other towns say to go to her church for instance. It could be allot of the people living in these towns know each other.

I wanted to ask why she would have two myspace accounts, one private and the other not?

iirc, some of these towns are only 4 miles apart, and Olympia is only 20 miles away?

Do we know if Lindsey went to a counselor or psych. dr. because of the divorce or her brother's juvie record?
WK seems bi-polar to me.

KK made the revelation in one of her posts somewhere else that there were 4 other adults at their house when Lindsey was there.

I know that we all want to think and/or we assume that LE was told by KK and SW (KK's boyfriend) that there were other adults, but that is a big assumption to make--at least it is to me.

I would not be the least bit surprised to find out that LE was never told that there were other adults there. It would explain KK's strange behavior on the other boards--she is hiding something (I have felt that she is hiding something since the first time I read her posts and saw her behavior). I even mentioned this in a much earlier post--I feel that she is protecting someone--although in my earlier post I felt that she might have been protecting SW.

Is it possible that WK (her brother) was one of the other adults at KK's house, and that KK is protecting him?

Hi Cleo, Do you know if KK is still posting on that other board?

It's still on his page. His page is exactly how it was the first time I looked at yesterday.

I went to his website, and if I click on his blog items, they show private. I went in through a back way, kinda. I don't know a lot about myspace, but could it be because I'm not a member of myspace that I can't read the blog from the website?

I went to his website, and if I click on his blog items, they show private. I went in through a back way, kinda. I don't know a lot about myspace, but could it be because I'm not a member of myspace that I can't read the blog from the website?

I read his blogs last night, some of them were private, some were not. I think when you write it you have the option of setting just that blog entry to private. I'm not sure. I don't blog very much.

Thank you SS that is exactly what I was thinking too :wink: I wanted to know if anyone else thought it too :)

I thought of that as well...in my 2 theories I posted, they both involve Lindsay getting into cars with someone she may have known or been familiar with, which would explain no scent, no surveillance video, no screams/struggles heard or witnessed.

L's brother is the same age as Kayla's brother, yes?
I wonder if J and K are friends and that was the real reason J was walking with L?
However, L says on her myspace that Kylar is her friend as well as his sister.
just throwing thoughts out there.
:)
ETA; L's mom says that L has long fingernails and uses them, as her brother can testify to.
Apparently some of their sqaubbles, got physical. moo
L's mom also makes the comment that L is 10 going on 16.
I'm not sure how to interpret that. :(
You noticed the same things I did. The physical altercations and being too old for her age (because mom didn't observe restrictions which were age appropriate perhaps or something worse?).

Was her intention of growing long nails for defense instead of vanity? Did she go to a salon and have her nails done?

I am more curious now about the *"abuser" comment and *having LE called to her home. *(rumors) Hey locals? Do they have a Police Blotter there in the local paper?! Could we check out if there were any distress calls made to her house?

Btw~ I don't know the details of K's brother. If they are the same age, they would certainly know each other since there is only one school tho.

Hi, Is that in Montesano? There is a state correctional facility in Shelton too, isn't there? All these little towns are relatively close together, 15 to 20 miles apart or less as I remember. There could be people that come from those other towns say to go to her church for instance. It could be allot of the people living in these towns know each other.

I wanted to ask why she would have two myspace accounts, one private and the other not?

Yes, there is a county jail in Montesano (17 miles from McCleary). There is a prison in Shelton (about 26 miles from McCleary) and another prison in Aberdeen (about 35 miles from McCleary). There is also the Thurston County jail in Olympia (38 miles from McCleary).

The towns go from West to East Hoquiam and Aberdeen are two "cities" (as we small town folk call anything over 5000 people) that border each other, 7 miles from Aberdeen is Central Park (it's more of a blip on the radar. it has a fire station and a 7-11, that's about it), 3 more miles down the road is Montesano, 4 more miles you get to Brady, 2 miles more you get to Satsop, another 4 miles and you hit Elma, 7 miles you get to McCleary. From McCleary you can either head north to Shelton/Bremerton area or east to Olympia.

I know a lot of people from that area. I have a nephew (J. Estes was mentioned earlier as being quoted in the paper--she is my nephews mother) who lives there. I know a lot of people who work at the Simpson Mill. A lot of the people in this area are related in some way so going to a different town for shopping/church/etc is not unusual.

I started a small time-line on the 1st thread and can't get to it. Anybody know how I can get to thread 1? TIA

The information that Lindsey was swimming came out early, one of the first few days. Said she was swimming with her friends, no time span was included, but it was during the day she went missing. Don't know where the girls were at...I think there were several friends. They went to the video store, she went home, and walked to her friend's home to see if she could stay the night. The info about the pool was out very early on and not discussed much.
Here is thread #1: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85783&highlight=Lindsey+Baum&page=23

L's brother is the same age as Kayla's brother, yes?
I wonder if J and K are friends and that was the real reason J was walking with L?
However, L says on her myspace that Kylar is her friend as well as his sister.
just throwing thoughts out there.
:)
ETA; L's mom says that L has long fingernails and uses them, as her brother can testify to.
Apparently some of their sqaubbles, got physical. moo
L's mom also makes the comment that L is 10 going on 16.
I'm not sure how to interpret that. :(

Reminded me of when Neveah's mom said she was "5 going on 10". I don't like when ppl make these statements - they are the age they are!!!

Also regarding Lindsay and her bro - i have an older brother, and although we get along fine now, we used to get into very physical fights until he was like 13-14. Then it just stopped. It was the same way with me and my younger sister - we would physically fight until I was like 15! Now, I know violence is not the way to solve anything, i think it just takes some time for it to register with some kids.

Sure seems like the police have tightened up what they are telling the public, huh?

I'm new to following a case like this.. does that usually mean they know something but they are holding out saying much until they can confirm things? Or does it just mean they have nothing more to say. They are as stumped as the rest of us?

When the FBI gets involved, they do not do pressers and information to the public slows.

JMO

You noticed the same things I did. The physical altercations and being too old for her age (because mom didn't observe restrictions which were age appropriate perhaps or something worse?).

Was her intention of growing long nails for defense instead of vanity? Did she go to a salon and have her nails done?

I am more curious now about the *"abuser" comment and *having LE called to her home. *(rumors) Hey locals? Do they have a Police Blotter there in the local paper?! Could we check out if there were any distress calls made to her house?

Btw~ I don't know the details of K's brother. If they are the same age, they would certainly know each other since there is only one school tho.

http://www.thevidette.com/
Put out once a week and it has the fire and police calls. I don't know how much info is posted/archived online (nor do I know if there is any other place online with this info). It also doesn't mention names and rarely does it mention a complete address.

Ok if Lindsey left on foot from KK's house wouldn't there be a scent a least part of the way? How can someone walk out of a house down a street and there is no scent?

If i remember correctly (and i could be wrong) didn't dogs pick up Laci peterson's scent from her door to the driveway and no further?

Eye witnesses have been wrong in the past. This child has walked alone many times before. The lady could have seen her another day and thought it was the same day.

There has to be a scent of lindsey somewhere!! Either there is one and they are keeping it close, or this she never made it far on foot.
I don't particularly believe the girl either her mom isn't very truthful and apples usually don't fall far from the tree. her saying she watched Lindsey walk all the way to the end of the street helps mom look more like a better parent to some degree.

What is known about the Simpson Door Mill? Link below says that Lindsey liked to go there.
http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/07/01/local_news/doc4a4ba9ab562a5957341684.txt

I guess there is a creek and small pond/lake back there that the locals have gone to swim at for as long as I can remember (and I'm 40 so it's been years. lol).
KK mentioned it being a place for parties (I can't remember where I read that, probably on SM) but I don't know how true that is because it's right in town not far from the police station. I can't see the kids doing their illegal drinking there when there are hundreds of miles of logging roads that are far more secluded.

As far as the employees.. most of them are long time employees, long time members of the communities in this area. been there for years. Most are probably related. I know of several multi generational families employed there (grandfather, father and son).

Scandi,

I wonder if Lindsey had two separate MySpaces because her Mom might have monitored her activities on line somewhat?

Perhaps her mom knew about her TwilightFreak profile, but not the Disturbed profile?

I guess there is a creek and small pond/lake back there that the locals have gone to swim at for as long as I can remember (and I'm 40 so it's been years. lol).
KK mentioned it being a place for parties (I can't remember where I read that, probably on SM) but I don't know how true that is because it's right in town not far from the police station. I can't see the kids doing their illegal drinking there when there are hundreds of miles of logging roads that are far more secluded.

As far as the employees.. most of them are long time employees, long time members of the communities in this area. been there for years. Most are probably related. I know of several multi generational families employed there (grandfather, father and son).

Wait, if it's a known drinking/party spot, shouldn't the adults around Lindsey have shown a little more concern about her being there? That distrubs me as much as some of the other things I have seen so far. And this whole case is quite disturbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl