WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, maybe she actually disappeared very close to the last place she was seen, which, as far as we know, was between 5th and 6th on Maple. I'm thinking they need to be looking at Bee Hive's employees and residents very closely and need to search the grounds thoroughly.

STEADFAST - I'm getting ready to post an updated time-line and am having trouble with the different reports of sightings and where dogs went.

I'm wondering if Lindsey wasn't walking down Maple (seen by two people between 5th & 6th and Maple) and saw someone she was frightened of. Turned around to go down the residential street (6th - where Kara says dogs went) to get away. That would explain the sightings and the dog scents. I think Lindsey was afraid of someone she knew - enough so that she had nightmares and said something 'bad' was going to happen. Maybe the person was someone bothering her or appearing in places and times she didn't expect. MOO

STEADFAST - I'm getting ready to post an updated time-line and am having trouble with the different reports of sightings and where dogs went.

I'm wondering if Lindsey wasn't walking down Maple (seen by two people between 5th & 6th and Maple) and saw someone she was frightened of. Turned around to go down the residential street (6th - where Kara says dogs went) to get away. That would explain the sightings and the dog scents. I think Lindsey was afraid of someone she knew - enough so that she had nightmares and said something 'bad' was going to happen. Maybe the person was someone bothering her or appearing in places and times she didn't expect. MOO

I believe this scenario is absolutely possible. It definitely seems like Lindsey was afraid of somebody lately. One of her myspace friends also commented that someone had been on LB's page and that she was afraid of who it was (or afraid that someone was on it at all at that point maybe)

"Lindsey's myspace said she was online im scared who was on hers. "

I wonder if this person meant, "I'm scared OF who was on hers" as in, Lindsey might have confided in this person that she was afraid of somebody... or if she meant "I'm scared, who was on hers?" as if she was curiously asking.

I believe this scenario is absolutely possible. It definitely seems like Lindsey was afraid of somebody lately. One of her myspace friends also commented that someone had been on LB's page and that she was afraid of who it was (or afraid that someone was on it at all at that point maybe)

"Lindsey's myspace said she was online im scared who was on hers. "

I wonder if this person meant, "I'm scared OF who was on hers" as in, Lindsey might have confided in this person that she was afraid of somebody... or if she meant "I'm scared, who was on hers?" as if she was curiously asking.

Very possible!!! Doesn't it seem strange that two hours after her MySpace was online she mentioned her nightmares and fear...almost like letting someone know she was aware that someone bad was around. Her grades went down in school and she missed days because of stress. Perhaps Lindsey knew she was in danger but may have been afraid to say because nobody would believe her or she had been threatened. Maybe this person is respected or a necessary component to make her life work. My heart goes out to all her loved ones, her circle of friends, and her beloved dog.

I hope whoever this is, when it's all said and done, gets the max.
God will give him his deserved punishment.

I was hoping there would be some news today with everyone out and about for the weekend. :(

i don't know if this has been asked or even mentioned before. with the summer coming was/has there been any kind of carnivals, fairs, auto shows, anything of that nature in the area recently. is it possible a neighbor/local worked at one of these? being a local and having worked at say a carnival...kids at that age would recognize the person and consider knowing that person. they would/could possible accept a ride with that type of mindset.

Thought I'd reply to this as my first post...

I live 3 miles outside of McCleary, and the only kind of carnival-type thing anywhere in the area recently was the Westport Rusty Scupper Pirate Days that started the same day Lindsey went missing. McCleary's Bear Festival will be next weekend and that's really the only time there's anything in town with any kind of activity.

There has been no LE verified "dog scents" all that information is coming from KK.

just a friendly FYI :)

"snipped"

Also, is the "Capitol Forest" (where the arson was reported) near McCleary? TIA.

The part of Capitol Forest where the fire occured is about 30 miles or more from McCleary, out toward Littlerock.

Thought I'd reply to this as my first post...

I live 3 miles outside of McCleary, and the only kind of carnival-type thing anywhere in the area recently was the Westport Rusty Scupper Pirate Days that started the same day Lindsey went missing. McCleary's Bear Festival will be next weekend and that's really the only time there's anything in town with any kind of activity.
Welcome to WS, McCleary~

How far is that from McCleary?

Westport is about an hour's drive due west of here through Aberdeen. I went out to Pirate Days with my kids on Saturday and didn't know about Lindsey going missing until after I got home around 6 because I saw the KOMO news van in town and looked at their website. Since then it's been pretty sad driving through town every day to get to Olympia...I stop each day when they're handing out fliers and get another to post at school.

i hope this wasn't posted yet but I was looking at festus myspace and he has the sorority app...isnt that the app that on of the girls got in trouble for using?...just a thought

I remember reading about someone asking about a bridge in/near town...there are several bridges in the area, you have to cross one coming into town 2 of the 3 entrances. The only way into town you don't cross a bridge is coming down 3rd street from the school (which is undergoing renovations and has had many construction people in town). Going out Summit Rd. toward Shelton there is a bridge over what I believe to be one of the branches of wildcat creek, and the west end of town has a bridge out past the cemetery. There are also a number of bridges in the area surrounding the town due to a large number of creeks (mostly branches of the wildcat) that flow all over.

I haven't been able to keep up with Lindsey this weekend, as we've been having a lot of family things going on. But I was thinking about her a lot. It was this same time of year when Shasta Groene was found safe 4 years ago. And when Zina Linnik was kidnapped and murdered on July 4 (also in Washington state) 2 years ago. We had between 60-70 people at our home yesterday for 4th of July festivities. I just couldn't help but think that these girls and their families should have been able to be doing the same things. Enjoying the holiday with family and friends. I hope that Lindsey is found soon.

I was just trying to pare it down to what's been confirmed -- and the dogs scenting on 6th is not confirmed. Just seeing where we get to when we leave out "gut feelings," visions, unreliable info, speculation about her route, and such like.

I mean, she was on Maple between 5th and 6th and was never seen again. So what's around there? Bee Hive.

Not that I don't think it would completely make sense for her to turn up to Simpson to see what was going on, since she wasn't due home till 10. It also makes sense to me that someone was skeeving her, considering her postings.

I was just trying to pare it down to what's been confirmed -- and the dogs scenting on 6th is not confirmed. Just seeing where we get to when we leave out "gut feelings," visions, unreliable info, speculation about her route, and such like.

I mean, she was on Maple between 5th and 6th and was never seen again. So what's around there? Bee Hive.

Not that I don't think it would completely make sense for her to turn up to Simpson to see what was going on, since she wasn't due home till 10. It also makes sense to me that someone was skeeving her, considering her postings.

When I put mom K's info in the time-line I put - not verified by LE (law enforcement). I don't want to leave the info out, cause some of it makes sense...the dog scents don't, at least not to me. I'm still working on it and will post it within the hour. Hate that it takes so much space!

Don't you think visitors at the Beehive would have to sign in? Do locals have their loved ones in there? Seems that visitors that day would have been checked out...but who knows! Wonder who owns it? Can't help but think the person who did this was known by Lindsey in some way.
I keep asking myself - who could/would destroy Lindsey's life or family if she told on a person she was frightened of? I guess for a child, that could be many people. MOO

I'm sorry if this has already been gone over. I'm going back to "grades suffering", "missing school due to stress" and posting a feeling that something bad is going to happen (I don't remember the exact wording used in her post.)
I thought I read her teacher's name somewhere (can't find it again.) Anyway, wasn't she in fourth grade this last year? I am working off memory and thought it was a female teacher's name I had read somewhere. On the school's site, I only see one teacher for fourth grade and it's not a female.
Please forgive me if my info is not accurate or clear - I'm running to the computer between making dinner and getting ready to leave for a bit.
thank you!

I'm sorry if this has already been gone over. I'm going back to "grades suffering", "missing school due to stress" and posting a feeling that something bad is going to happen (I don't remember the exact wording used in her post.)
I thought I read her teacher's name somewhere (can't find it again.) Anyway, wasn't she in fourth grade this last year? I am working off memory and thought it was a female teacher's name I had read somewhere. On the school's site, I only see one teacher for fourth grade and it's not a female.
Please forgive me if my info is not accurate or clear - I'm running to the computer between making dinner and getting ready to leave for a bit.
thank you!

If I remember correctly, Lindsey will soon be 11 in a couple days. She had a female teacher in the 5th grade. Can't remember her name but I know it was said she 'liked her'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member