Status
Not open for further replies.
Searchers are still hopeful on day 10
BY JACOB JONES
The Daily World
Monday, July 6, 2009 12:12 PM PDT

The trail isn’t heating up
for law enforcement

Hope remains unwavering in the search for missing 10-year-old Lindsey Baum, but resources and ideas have started to dwindle as the effort enters its 10th day.

Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott said several officers have more than 120 hours into the case and tips over the hotline have dropped significantly in recent days.

“The community, I think, has kind of run out of ideas,” he said. “They know we’ve looked and looked and looked and haven’t found anything.”

http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/07/06/local_news/doc4a524041140cd319111443.txt

Here's an update from KING5 and it looks like a website has been put up for Lindsey too.

They're hoping the rain today (which I have yet to see any of here in Seattle) will help with her scent, and there is mention of the Strddleline ATV park.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_070609WAB-missing-mccleary-girl-SW.14c01624.html

They might want to start off by spelling her name right on her website :-(

http://lindseybaum.com/

It's been raining here in Grays Harbor for at least 12 hours. Hopefully it'll help in the search.

I commented on the post where Lindseys name was spelled wrong. Hopefully someone fixes it.

They fixed it and it looks like they deleted my comment about it being spelled wrong.

I like the idea of the facts thread however LE is not required for something to be a fact.

This may be have nothing to do with Lindsey, but isn't it awfully close?

http://www.mynorthwest.com/index.php?nid=11&sid=185242

>>>snip
Updated Jul 2, 2009 - 2:32 pm
Man arrested for seeking child sex

Bremerton police have accused a 49-year-old Kitsap County man of seeking to have sex with an 11-year-old girl and offering to pay her parent $100.

Police say they were contacted June 24 by a witness who said the man wanted to find a girl for sex.

(article continues)
<<<snip

Map here: http://tinyurl.com/nabg23

Google Maps says it's 53.8 miles from McCleary, WA to Bremerton. One hour, 27 minutes. The suggested route sends you east on W. Simpson Ave/WA-108 towards 6th St. (0.3) mile, to turn left on N. Summit Rd/WA-108 (0.9), and on for 10 miles to US-101 toward Shelton/Port Angeles, etc.

W. Simpson Ave/WA-108 is 1 block north of Maple St, and N. Summit Rd/WA-108 is also S. 3rd Street.
E. Mommsen St. ends at S. 3rd., about a block and a half from W. Simpson Ave.

I hope LE talked to this %#@^**& !!!

Guess we can add students to the list of possible suspects now, too!

i would think if it were kids that did something, especially at this age...lindsey would have been found by now. not that kids aren't intelligent, just....they think on a different level. although as i said that i had the thought of leopald and his partner come to mind. but they were older teens if i remember right.

i would think if it were kids that did something, especially at this age...lindsey would have been found by now. not that kids aren't intelligent, just....they think on a different level. although as i said that i had the thought of leopald and his partner come to mind. but they were older teens if i remember right.

I have to agree.
MOO
I don't think the students of McCleary school had anything to do with this. It only goes up to the 6th grade.. that's what 11 maybe 12 year old kids? There are, of course, other aged kids in town who might fit into the suspect catagory but not her classmates.

I like the idea of the facts thread however LE is not required for something to be a fact.

True. But it's good to know what all LE is saying. When we get to a point where there's all kinds of conflicting stories from news media and locals, it's nice to have a touchstone of what info has been "officially" released. If LE knew it all, they'd know what happened to Lindsey.

The "LE quotes" thread is just that. It's not a "facts" thread. There are tons of things that could go on a facts thread if someone wants to start one. (Weather, addresses, vehicles, names/initials, locations, etc.)

Also, it seems like a disputed facts thread would be good. Think of all the conflicting info we've gotten and thrash it out on there.

Seems that Lindsey, who will be 11yo tomorrow, has vanished without a trace. The FBI, police, helicoptors, scent dogs, trained searchers, and volunteers have all used their expertise in searching for Lindsey. Pedophiles are quick, secretive, and often work without a trace...who knows for sure where Lindsey may be found...seems that, for now, our thoughts lead to dead-ends. For the sake of loved ones and the young ones who are part of Lindsey's circle of friends, I hope Lindsey is found soon!!! I'm sad she isn't home for her 11th birthday!

I have to agree.
MOO
I don't think the students of McCleary school had anything to do with this. It only goes up to the 6th grade.. that's what 11 maybe 12 year old kids? There are, of course, other aged kids in town who might fit into the suspect catagory but not her classmates.

Are you 100% certain that the school only goes up to 6th grade?
I ask because KK has recently posted that it's a K - 8 school.
Not that it makes that much of a difference in age, 12... 14... but it will help me decide what I believe about KK's intent and posts :)

Another thing on her posts ( KK) she says that there were problems at school with Lindsey being picked on by some girls at school. Apparently they used to be friends then it turned not so friendly and then befriended her again shortly before Lindsey went missing of course this is not confirmed just posted and stated...

That is partially confirmed if you simply follow the comments through the MySpace web among the girls.

Are you 100% certain that the school only goes up to 6th grade?
I ask because KK has recently posted that it's a K - 8 school.
Not that it makes that much of a difference in age, 12... 14... but it will help me decide what I believe about KK's intent and posts :)

I stand corrected. It is K-8.

From here:
The district currently enrolls approximately 245 students in grades K-8. The average class size is 18 students per class.

They transfer to a neighboring town for high school (in my town "high school" is 7-12 in one building so I figured McCleary was the same way considering they are a smaller town)

I can't believe people haven't made their myspaces private. I sure the hell would if I was in the middle of all of this (well my myspace IS private anyways but that's beside the point)

This is exactly the kind of things that are starting to make me so confused.. where did you read that? I don't remember seeing that said by the LEs.

Link please?

Reading back thru KaraK's posts she does talk quite a bit about their MySpace accounts.

Lindsey's mother deleted L's account at home leaving only her own which L had no password to access.

KaraK had a computer for the girls sitting right next to her own computer, and this way she could monitor messages between the two, although I got the feeling both girls used this computer.

They had limitations on MySpace, were not allowed to access MS through a certain site SS to Voyill ???

The library computers were used by the kids in town including the two girls and still gave access to MySpace. Also there were a lot of students in town who didn't monitor the MS and kids would go to these houses and they even shared and used each others passwords.

That was the basics gleaned from KaraK's MySpace writings.

PS: I learned a couple of other things that I would call just interesting and maybe true:

* ML no longer lives in McCleary but KaraK is quite sure, tho not 100% that she works at the Beehive home.

* Kayla watched until Lindsey got to the corner of 7th and Maple when the trees obscured her view.

* The dogs picked up Lindsey's scent at 6th and Maple.

* When the 3 kids reached the back of the Shell station the argument started.

Just interesting things for review. ;}

I can't believe people haven't made their myspaces private. I sure the hell would if I was in the middle of all of this (well my myspace IS private anyways but that's beside the point)

Hi Jennifer, I'm behind, but I read KK was asked to leave Kayla's MS account open as Lindsay might contact her thru it.

Hi Jennifer, I'm behind, but I read KK was asked to leave Kayla's MS account open as Lindsay might contact her thru it.

You can still message a private profile.

Reading back thru KaraK's posts she does talk quite a bit about their MySpace accounts.

Lindsey's mother deleted L's account at home leaving only her own which L had no password to access.

KaraK had a computer for the girls sitting right next to her own computer, and this way she could monitor messages between the two, although I got the feeling both girls used this computer.

They had limitations on MySpace, were not allowed to access MS through a certain site SS to Voyill ???

The library computers were used by the kids in town including the two girls and still gave access to MySpace. Also there were a lot of students in town who didn't monitor the MS and kids would go to these houses and they even shared and used each others passwords.

That was the basics gleaned from KaraK's MySpace writings.

PS: I learned a couple of other things that I would call just interesting and maybe true:

* ML no longer lives in McCleary but KaraK is quite sure, tho not 100% that she works at the Beehive home.

* Kayla watched until Lindsey got to the corner of 7th and Maple when the trees obscured her view.

* The dogs picked up Lindsey's scent at 6th and Maple.

* When the 3 kids reached the back of the Shell station the argument started.

Just interesting things for review. ;}

Someone (Lindseys mom) wasn't doing a very good job at watching her childs usage of the computer. Lindseys "Twilight Freak" was created on Friday May 29 at 4:04 am. I wouldn't think she'd be at KKs house at that time considering it was a school day and most people are asleep at 4 am..

Someone (Lindseys mom) wasn't doing a very good job at watching her childs usage of the computer. Lindseys "Twilight Freak" was created on Friday May 29 at 4:04 am. I wouldn't think she'd be at KKs house at that time considering it was a school day and most people are asleep at 4 am..

And that would definitely rule out the library, for the creation anyway.
Perhaps somebody else created the site for her at that time?
They seem to share access to these MS accounts amongst themselves...

And that would definitely rule out the library, for the creation anyway.
Perhaps somebody else created the site for her at that time?
They seem to share access to these MS accounts amongst themselves...

I'm leaning more to the side that mom didn't know what she was doing at 4 am.

A few months ago my husband caught our 13 year old on the computer at 3 am. She wasn't on Myspace or any other social networking site (she was reading Harry Potter fan fiction) so we locked our computer up with a password that she didn't know. She doesn't have access to the computer unless I say it's ok.

I really think KK and MB are trying to make it look like they don't allow their children unsupervised usage of the computer. But I don't believe them.. just look at the things that KKs daughter has on her myspace.. who in their right mind allows a child to have some of that stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710