WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I live west of McCleary/Olympia and when I go to Shelton I cut through McCleary. When my husband worked at the prison in Shelton he also cut through McCleary. A lot of people live in our area and work up at the prison up there.

Bless you Jennifer, :) It feels good to be right about something.

I'm glad to hear they are doing more searching. The ORV park is huge, with hundreds of miles of trails throughout the Capital Forest.

Do you know anything about the Falls Creek Campground {think that's right ;} in the Capitol Forest? That was the spot in the forest where the incindiary {sp} device was placed that started that fire on Sat, or was it on the 3rd????

Would that be a place a perp might take an abductee? Also, have you heard anything more about the water tower in McCleary and her scent supposedly being sniffed up there? Ta

There don't seem to be many (any?) facts after the video store.
Almost every detail has been reported elsewhere, differently.

Today, an older (6/30) article is linked to and has the undersheriff stating that the argument over the bike with JB happened at the Maple Avenue residence. That me be a fact or it may not, but it's completely conflicting with previous info.

LE seems to be keeping much of this case on the hush hush, which is probably a genius move. But for now, we don't have many facts to go on, so we go on hearsay, and try to eliminate as much as possible, to get down to the facts... imo.

I do agree that a FACT ONLY thread should probably be started. I think it will be very short, but also necessary.

If there's more than a few facts in this case, I can't find them.

Maybe a thread could be started for just facts so we don't confuse it with hearsay

I just started a thread for direct quotes (and maybe indirect quotes with caution) from LE only. Post 'em if you've got 'em. :)

Good point about the library (bolded by me) - how many public computers do they have there? I believe there is at least 1 RSO in Mccleary that has a Myspace account. Possible that the RSO uses that library for access? Just throwing it out there.

Good poiint LotsaLatte, I also read that Lindsey had one MySpace account from her home computer and another computer for her second MySpace account. It didn't say what computer that was from but it could have been from a library computer, right?

Do you know anything about the Falls Creek Campground {think that's right ;} in the Capitol Forest? That was the spot in the forest where the incindiary {sp} device was placed that started that fire on Sat, or was it on the 3rd????

Would that be a place a perp might take an abductee? Also, have you heard anything more about the water tower in McCleary and her scent supposedly being sniffed up there? Ta

Never heard of the Falls Creek Campground and I didn't even know about any forest fire until I read about it on here yesterday. I have no idea where that fire was. I guess anything is possible as far as this having something to do with Lindsey. But forest fires up there (especially with the hot dry weather we have been having) are not uncommon. So to have one now is not shocking.

I get all my info from what is posted here and on the news sites. No mention of the water towers have been made.

Good poiint LotsaLatte, I also read that Lindsey had one MySpace account from her home computer and another computer for her second MySpace account. It didn't say what computer that was from but it could have been from a library computer, right?

This is exactly the kind of things that are starting to make me so confused.. where did you read that? I don't remember seeing that said by the LEs.

Link please?

Hi again Scandi - are they searching a ball park? Where? TIA

I think that was posted on the last page {or two} ago. LOL I'll get it but that is all it said.

Maybe that ball park is by that mobile park down close to the Capitol Forest which is where they are searching today. Be back.

This is exactly the kind of things that are starting to make me so confused.. where did you read that? I don't remember seeing that said by the LEs.

Link please?

z7shysterical.gif
It might take me awhile to find it as it could be in the last thread. Hopefully another poster has a photographic memory. Time to start taking notes on the case, eh? LOLOLOLOL I will look for that tonight ;}

I agree. Things are getting way to confusing.

People are talking about RV parks, baseball parks, etc.. and NONE of this is being mentioned by the LEs (or at least I can't find it mentioned). The only thing i've seen about the search is that they have now started searching the ORV park. Which is an Off Road Vehichle Park NOT an RV (Recreational Vehichle) park. It has dirt trails to ride motorcycles and quads on and a camping area.

I think people are mistaking what KK is saying for fact or they are half way reading things and making mistakes.. either way in my opinion that is not the best thing to do.

Do you kknow if there is a ball park near the camping area in the ORV park?

Never heard of the Falls Creek Campground and I didn't even know about any forest fire until I read about it on here yesterday. I have no idea where that fire was. I guess anything is possible as far as this having something to do with Lindsey. But forest fires up there (especially with the hot dry weather we have been having) are not uncommon. So to have one now is not shocking.

I get all my info from what is posted here and on the news sites. No mention of the water towers have been made.

This fire was caused by arson acc to the link as they did locate the device that caused the fire at that Fall Creek Campground. It encompased about 14 acres but luckily didn't hit any high timber. And it was in an area that had been reforested not long ago.

Link please?

Thinking now, lol, I don't think it was from a link. It could have been from KaraK talking about the 2 girls MySpace accts. Now that I'm finally caught up here think I'll go read all the posts of hers at SM. xox

z7shysterical.gif
It might take me awhile to find it as it could be in the last thread. Hopefully another poster has a photographic memory. Time to start taking notes on the case, eh? LOLOLOLOL I will look for that tonight ;}

Well, I don't know if I have a photographic memory or not but that info was put out there by KK. I believe it was posted on another forum.

Here is the Capital Forest info taken from their website http://www.capitolforest.com/
Area: 91,650 acres 150 sq/m......
Miles of Singletrack: 166....
Miles of Gravel Roads: 575....
Topographical Relief: 600 ft - 2659ft

As you can see from the map it spans two counties and has numerous ways to get into it. Many locals know how to get to the Capital Forest from any location without ever driving on a main road.

directionsmap.jpg

scandi, I think you mis read something. They are not searching a ball park near an RV place. As I stated earlier they are searching the ORV park which isn't far from McCleary and has trails leading up into the Capital forest. It is surrounded by farm land and forest areas. There has been no mention on the news of any ball parks being searched.

This fire was caused by arson acc to the link as they did locate the device that caused the fire at that Fall Creek Campground. It encompased about 14 acres but luckily didn't hit any high timber. And it was in an area that had been reforested not long ago.

It could have been fireworks causing the fire. They are illegal in Capital Forest so if they start a fire it's considered arson. If it was near a camp ground close to the fourth of July I'm placing my bets on it being fireworks.

But again, the LEs haven't said what the object was that started the fire so I can only guess.

To clarify: I think the "field" that Breanna mentioned as being where KOMO reported searching today, near the ORVC park, quickly morphed into a "ball park" by mistake.

Straddleline ORV Park webpage
http://www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us/info/ORV/

has a notice that it will be closed today (doesn't say why but we can safely assume it's because they are searching it)

The ORV park is HUGE.
PARK FACILITIES
One mile motocross track with four-wheel drive and off-road course on its infield.
1/8 mile clay flat track
Drag strip
Off –road grand prix, barrels, and obstacle courses
Access to 80,000 acres of ORV, horse, and hiking trails
Spacious, forested campgrounds with both individual and group sites
Restrooms with showers
Concession
3,000 square foot meeting hall
Kid’s riding and play areas
Picnic facilities for small and large groups with covered shelters available for reservation
Recreational game area (equipment available for check out from park office)
On-site caretaker
Covered grandstands

**bolded by me

more info here

Sorry if this has been posted. I did scroll through but didn't see it.

Dad Deploying To Iraq Pleads For Missing Daughter's Return

The father of a McCleary girl, missing now for 10 days, hopes to be reunited with his daughter on her eleventh birthday or before he deploys to Iraq.

Lindsey Baum, 10, disappeared June 26 while walking home from a friend's house at about 9:15 p.m. and there has been no sign of her since.

Lindsey’s dad, Scott Baum, said in a press conference on Monday, “I would love nothing more that to see my daughter before I have to go.”

Scott Baum is with the Tennessee National Guard and is scheduled to deploy in the very near future.

Lindsey's eleventh birthday is on Tuesday, July 7.

More: http://www.kirotv.com/news/19971139/detail.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member