WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be the most fun for sure. It reminds me of Camp Colton where I got a crawdad shoved down my throat while swimming in the creek. :eek: Some obnoxious boy feeling his oats!

I think if it were not a pool some journo would have corrected it. But maybe not. The outgoing journalism about this awful crime of a young lady gone missing leaves much to be desired IMO. It could be investigative journalism is dead.

I might send a mail to the Olympian. They owe their subscribers and the communities who read their paper much more than they have given. Off the wire, a few adjustments and regurgitate it with a check from the associate editor and it is printed and on the streets. It really shows no caring for the victim involved. IMO IMO, yes IMO. I care. I lived in Lacey for years, and it is a part of Olympia.

Mood: Frustrated

It frudstrates me also. But I am thinking maybe the media is keeping quiet on purpose. Perhaps LE does not want much info out there, particularly if it make make the person(s) of interest disappear. Also, I am sure the town and LE does not want the intense media scrutiny we saw in the Caylee Anthony case, and to a lesser extent, Haleigh Cunmmings.
JMO

Thanks McCleary, Don't know if this will work but hope it does. Is this the old house Henry built?

Granted, it's a lovely house, but :runaway: ^ that's the happiest damned bear I've ever seen!

z7shysterical.gif
OMGoodness Coastal, that is about the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. And yes, there he is by that old tree!

Thanks McCleary, Don't know if this will work but hope it does. Is this the old house Henry built?

Yes, that's the house...now used as the McCleary Hotel.

Not addressed to me, but I think I can answer the question...

Normcar, why are these particular property owners significant? I'm sure that I have just missed something or am having trouble catching up with you guys since I've been gone for a bit. Just hoping that you can clear that up for me, please.

Maybe because of this info from jvk awhile back...
(from this post Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Photos of points of interest in McCleary )

Right after snapping this photo i was approached by 'Mark the (apparent) local drunk. He was quite intoxicated & slurry.

He asked what i was doing and i told him.

He was a bit 'chatty' and slurred out a few things.

Mark portrayed 'Peter' (iirc) (the owner or worker of the Jewelry shop ^, on Maple) as not having a 'great opinion of Lindsey &/or the Baum family. "~That girl was up to 'things'" (Lindsey)

Mark also didn't have such a great opinion. Mark mentioned being aware Lindsey was on the internet. He generally & repeatedly came off disliking Lindsey &/or the family.

Mark added one other thing. Mark said he believes 'Eric' (who lives (according to Marks pointing) in the North-Eastern part of town) 'probably did it' (as in abducting Lindsey) Mark said Eric had conversed with him (@ an unknown time) about 'young girls.

The conversation was strange.. but you couldn't expect much else. At one point he stopped talking almost like he'd just realized he's telling all this to a stranger & briefly thought twice.

If nothing else i'd suggest an interview with persons from this ^ Jewelry shop.

Also, wasn't there a rumor about a possible theft incident involving LB and one of the local stores? Or was that determined to be false? It may have been earlier in this thread or #5.

I'm sure it's been covered...but just in case...I'm not sure if it's against the WS to hack a MySpace/Facebook acct, but it sure as heck is a federal offense. That would be a big no-no (it's essentially mail fraud) and I'm sure authorities have already gone in through the back door on Lindsay's profiles/accts online anyways.

Thought I would check out the myspace page myself. By accident I searched for "Lindsay Baum" with an a instead of "Lindsey Baum" with an e.

Scroll down to the profile without a photo, from Salem, Missouri.

Someone thinks its funny to write x-rated trash on there.
Actually, there is a woman by that name who is 23 yo and from MO. She is an aspiring model according to her post at a casting site and lives in San Jose, CA (IIRC).

I'm not hacking anything. I searched for the profile page that has been posted here, and by mistake typed in Lindsay instead of Lindsey. Someone has created an x-rated (words only) profile page under Lindsay Baum.

I didn't realize BeAdequite's post was directed to you! I thought someone must have posted that they were going to try to hack some suspicious person's myspace page.
Typing "Lindsay" instead of "Lindsey" is something I've done myself on purpose to see if there was misspelled info out there. :) It's like running a search for "Campen."

ETA: See, SS does it, too!

I'm not hacking anything. I searched for the profile page that has been posted here, and by mistake typed in Lindsay instead of Lindsey. Someone has created an x-rated (words only) profile page under Lindsay Baum.

I didn't realize BeAdequite's post was directed to you! I thought someone must have posted that they were going to try to hack some suspicious person's myspace page.
Typing "Lindsay" instead of "Lindsey" is something I've done myself on purpose to see if there was misspelled info out there. :) It's like running a search for "Campen."

ETA: See, SS does it, too!

I think BeAdequite was replying to the talk of hacking into Lindsey's Myspace page that was a page or so back on this thread.

I think you're fine concentric. IMO it was actually a clever idea to look up an alternate spelling incase maybe she did have a "secret" myspace page.

Thought I would check out the myspace page myself. By accident I searched for "Lindsay Baum" with an a instead of "Lindsey Baum" with an e.

Scroll down to the profile without a photo, from Salem, Missouri.

Someone thinks its funny to write x-rated trash on there.
Have to thank you, concentric, for reminding me that I really do hate MySpace. That profile is disgusting - no matter who it belongs to.

Maybe I'm just old.
I think :eek: I'm okay with that.

I've deleted my posts on my last topic because SS said that it has to do with someone else. I looked it up-- it does.

Parenthood and people skills prepared Terrie Mount and Citron Choice for stardom, if you ask them.

Choice, a 32-year-old chemist from Seattle, said he can get along with anybody.

"I kind of have a bad temper," he admitted, "but only after a lot of patience."

Mount, 47, is raising three children on her own in McCleary, and recently took a 150-mile backpacking trek.

"I was the oldest person on that trip. They called me Mama T . . . I'm going to get on this show," she promised.

http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/a...070715/NEWS/707150302&SearchID=73287861162576

Not sure when these auditions were held, but was Lindsey intrigued with the "Survivor" show? I wonder if she knows this woman's children?

Have to thank you, concentric, for reminding me that I really do hate MySpace. That profile is disgusting - no matter who it belongs to.

Maybe I'm just old.
I think :eek: I'm okay with that.

I realize it's been said before; however,

I now see for myself the potential cesspool of humanity that could have access to Lindsey online. IMO she never should have been on there in the first place and secondly she told everyone on the profile page where she lives.

Completely agree with you.
The downfall of civilization will be profile pages.

Sorry if I confused anyone- just a general statement not directed at anyone! I have wondered w/ previous missing cases about hacking into private profiles...once I did some research into it, I decided against trying it (there are ways to do it, rather easily...)

And yeah, my future kiddos will not have profiles on myspace. A whole world of yucky lonely people out there...Facebook is a little better/cleaner IMO.

Three boys were missing all night about 2 hours away from McCleary (subsequently found safe). This is what they told a reporter:

KING TV reports the boys told Cabala they saw a man hiding underneath the porch of a home and got scared so they ran into a park and stayed there.

http://scottwykoff.wbal.com/2009/07/...exclusive.html

I hadn't thought these missing boys could be related to Lindsey's case, but a man hiding under a porch??? If what the boys say is true, there's someone suspicious around there.

Probably not related, but just wanted to put it out there.

It can't hurt to put that story here since it is only 2 hours away from where Lindsey went missing. It will be up to LE (and the parents) to decide if the boys are telling the truth and if there really was a man under the porch. I do hope LE will have the boys take them to the porch and investigate it. The homeowner should be made aware of it at the very least!

OK. I need a rant thread here. The father asking the kidnapper to release an "unharmed Lindsey" is unrealistic. 1) If she's been kidnapped, she's already harmed. 2) Obviously, a kidnapper would mean harm to her.

:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members