WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I see several problems with getting them together and telling them not to see each other outside of the sessions. This isn't like AA where people want the help and are there to support each other in a positive way.

1. Pedos are drawn to other pedos for obvious reasons. Photo sharing is only one reason.

2. are obviously doing a poor job of keeping track of them. What is the likelyhood they would ever know if one Pedo is hanging out with another one? Not very, imo.

3. Demand of compliance and the threat of doing more jail time is not going to prevent them from acting on their impulses should the opportunity present itself. What would make them believe it would prevent them from seeking out other pedos from these meetings after hours?

I don't know much about how they deal with pedos because my friend wasn't one...his charge stemmed from a domestic with his wife. I do know that he had a good PO because she visited the house every month, asked for our phone records (which was fine by me), and saw him once a week in her office. I guess a big part of the supervision level would all depend on how much time the PO's have...and how much they're really trying to do their jobs.

I've uploaded higher res versions of the pictures mentioned:

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff92/BGL78/McCleary02/DSCF2092.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff92/BGL78/McCleary02/DSCF2094.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff92/BGL78/McCleary02/DSCF2095.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff92/BGL78/McCleary02/DSCF2098.jpg

The drivers side window is partially rolled down & not tinted. - Not matching description.

FYI all pictures are available in an even higher res but that's the max size on a free photobucket account

{{{{Thank you JVK!}}}}} I knew if anyone could clarify it would be you!

This (and the diagnosis of Strep Throat I rec'd this morning) kept me tossing and turning all night - I just could not stop worrying about that truck. I'm normally *not a worrier (must have been the fever?).

I am still pondering the possibility that the abuduction attempt and Lindsey's case are connected - and keeping the info re: the SO's "group" in mind as well - I keep feeling like we have a huge puzzle here - and we have all the pieces - we're just not connecting them right .......something's being overlooked.....(ouch) ...my head hurts...... :eek:uch:

...............and to make matters worse {{{{of course}}}} I forgot to get batteries for my mouse w/I picked up my prescription this am! :doh:

God bless your dear heart LadyBug, best wishes for your rapid recovery! That photographic memory of yours is a wonderful addition to our little team here.

Can someone help me to understand why LE says they don't have any "viable" leads? After all the stuff we are able to dig up you'd think that they would have the acumen to do the same. I can understand no "solid" leads--like no scent trail. Is this just a way of them saying they are not telling the public anything?

Can someone help me to understand why LE says they don't have any "viable" leads? After all the stuff we are able to dig up you'd think that they would have the acumen to do the same. I can understand no "solid" leads--like no scent trail. Is this just a way of them saying they are not telling the public anything?
Hmmm...no...I think it means they really have no viable leads or evidence to point them in any direction. It is why I believe they have not found the point of abduction yet and wonder if they ever looked for it.

Off Topic: Get well soon, Ladybug! (Did they give you the throat numbing popcicles?)

No viable leads. How sad.

Just to let everyone know, there are GPS systems for kids. They range from $180 to $400 and the satellite service is about $10 per month. The systems call the designated phone when the child is out of range, there are panic button features, can be worn like a watch and must be removed with a special tool - else they alert. You can watch the child's movements from a PC.

Did the dogs pick up a scent and lose it or was there no scent trail at all?

concentric - seems that from the beginning this case was messed up. For some reason they had Lindsey as a run-a-way and must have proceeded as such...therefore no point of abduction and no viable leads (yet). In my opinion a 10yo run-a-way is in as much danger as a 10yo walking home by herself. It was known Lindsey didn't have money, cell phone, clothes, food etc. Wonder how far they thought she could get if running away. IMO this should have been an amber alert from the start.

No viable leads. How sad.

Just to let everyone know, there are GPS systems for kids. They range from $180 to $400 and the satellite service is about $10 per month. The systems call the designated phone when the child is out of range, there are panic button features, can be worn like a watch and must be removed with a special tool - else they alert. You can watch the child's movements from a PC.

Did the dogs pick up a scent and lose it or was there no scent trail at all?
It is my understanding there was no scent trail. They did make the comment her scent was "fading" at the park and other places she frequented. This tells me they did pick up her scent in those areas, but to my knowledge...the dogs cannot tell them when she left that scent. Hmmm...I wonder if that could be the last place she was really located? :confused:

ETA: I could be mistaken on no scent trail at all near where she was last seen.

Thanks for the 411 on the GPS tracking for kids! Good to know!

It is my understanding there was no scent trail. They did make the comment her scent was "fading" at the park and other places she frequented. This tells me they did pick up her scent in those areas, but to my knowledge...the dogs cannot tell them when she left that scent. Hmmm...I wonder if that could be the last place she was really located? :confused:

ETA: I could be mistaken on no scent trail at all near where she was last seen.

Thanks for the 411 on the GPS tracking for kids! Good to know!

From an article in the East County News (The Daily World).
[Searchers made a "big push" July 6, Undersheriff Scott said, re-canvasing outlying areas of town and the nearby Off-Road Vehicle Park (ORV Park). They hoped new moisture on the ground would help bring out faint scents, but discovered no new trails.]

Now you can take that how you want, but it does seem to indicate there was some scent trail at some point.

Is this just a way of them saying they are not telling the public anything?

I am certainly hoping they know more than they are letting on - thus enabling someone to slip-up so they can catch 'em :praying:! The thought that a darling little girl can just vanish without a trace when there's still light out - without anyone seeing or hearing *anything???? There should have been a tussle/scuffle - some sort of noise - *something - and regardless of LE's wishes to keep things "quiet" - I'd think *if anything was heard - something would have been said *somewhere. :(

*Something should have come of the leads that were generated - when I look back and think of the wonderful job all you guys have been doing - turning this clue over - taking a closer look at that one, etc - there have been times when I've sensed we've been close to solving the puzzle! LE has way more leads and techno-toys and seem to be wading thru quicksand. I'm soooo hoping tis a ruse!

Off Topic: Get well soon, Ladybug! (Did they give you the throat numbing popcicles?)

Thank You! Noooo - not so lucky - - not the yummy popcicles........I can't have the sugar so I'm stuck w/ "yummy" Sugar-Free Maximum Numbing Cepacol Sore Throat Lozenges :yuck: .................and hot tea

From an article in the East County News (The Daily World).
[Searchers made a "big push" July 6, Undersheriff Scott said, re-canvasing outlying areas of town and the nearby Off-Road Vehicle Park (ORV Park). They hoped new moisture on the ground would help bring out faint scents, but discovered no new trails.]

Now you can take that how you want, but it does seem to indicate there was some scent trail at some point.
New Thread Time! LOL

Thank You! Noooo - not so lucky - - not the yummy popcicles........I can't have the sugar so I'm stuck w/ "yummy" Sugar-Free Maximum Numbing Cepacol Sore Throat Lozenges :yuck: .................and hot tea

Hi LadyBug, I eat the Dreyers real fruit popsicles and they are MMMMmmmm good. Can you have those as it is natural sugar? Hope you're feeling better soon xox

Hmmm...no...I think it means they really have no viable leads or evidence to point them in any direction. It is why I believe they have not found the point of abduction yet and wonder if they ever looked for it.

O M G, those throat suckers saved me! Wasn't strep but something else-It was agony.

Sorry-OT

I'm not sure if this has been covered or is even appropriate? I keep thinking about this so I thought I'd throw it out there!
Is it okay to make a list here somewhere of all of the businesses in Mccleary and what time they opened/closed (or even any shifts they have) on the date LB went missing? We wouldn't have to put any names down of owners or employees. I could look up all the business information but it wouldn't necessarily have any information on the hours of operation on that day/evening. I think this idea keeps coming to mind for 2 reasons:
Familiarity for my ever forgetful mind (lists are fabulous!) and maybe finding out how many people would be leaving shifts or businesses that close around the time LB was last seen. For instance, I live outside of a small town and we have several businesses that hire all ages from teens to older people and we get used to seeing the same people at the same time leaving their shifts so it becomes commonplace for locals. But something might pop out to an outsider??
I don't know. Maybe I'm just so frustrated with this because there seems to be nothing and I'm digging for anything!
I'm tired, I hope this made sense.
Thanks all!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandalent