WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well Straddleline is what is classified as an ORV (Off-Road Vehicle) park, it has tracks for motorcycles, quads, trucks (basicly any kind of off road vehicle), it also has camp grounds (for both campers/trailers and tent camping) so it's possible that is what everyone is talking about.

That's what I dislike about rumors heard from "people around town". Things get changed a little by every person who the story goes through. By the time it gets around the story is completly different than the truth. LOL

There's camping at Saddleline ORV park.
Forested Campground
Picnic Tables
Fire pits
Restrooms
Showers
Bring your camping equipment and stay the weekend! Restrooms with showers, fire-pits (firewood available on site), and a seasonal concession stand make this the perfect weekend family destination. Covered grandstands provide comfortable seating whether you're enjoying one of the many scheduled events or just watching your family enjoy the MX track. http://straddlelineorv.detailswa.com/page.php?s=92
And this site mentions that there's an "RV dump station" at Saddleline.
http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/washington_13193/ride_9ead.htm

Also I can imagine that someone could mishear "ORV" as "RV," especially if they'd never heard of "ORV."

well im from philadelphia and they dont have trailor parks or rv / orv stuff out there...sorry

There's camping at Saddleline ORV park.
And this site mentions that there's an "RV dump station" at Saddleline.
http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/washington_13193/ride_9ead.htm

Also I can imagine that someone could mishear "ORV" as "RV," especially if they'd never heard of "ORV."

I agree that it could have been misheard.

I would think if the caretaker had been fired because they thought he had something to do with Lindseys disappearance then that would have been in the news. I'm sure if it's hit the local rumor mill.. the media would be onto it also. Right?

well my husband is at work today so maybe i'll hear more when he comes home...this case is just too bizarre...i am starting to wonder if the search dogs were "good" search dogs...

I would think if the caretaker had been fired because they thought he had something to do with Lindseys disappearance then that would have been in the news. I'm sure if it's hit the local rumor mill.. the media would be onto it also. Right?

I'd say the whole caretaker thing falls under the heading "unsubstantiated rumor." It sounds as if (IF this rumor has any basis) that it might be something about his computer use, not Lindsey. I had the impression 17secs was just adding the info that his daughter was a friend of Lindsey's for us to chew on, not that it was necessarily tied into his alleged firing.
On the other hand, though, I don't think the media in this case has drawn much from the local rumor mill. So its not being in the media might not be significant.

I wish we could get a name for the caretaker who was fired.

A friend of mine said he thought she was a woman. He had an issue last year with some people who were camping next to them and when he called the caretaker it was a female. Maybe he only dealt with the wife of the caretaker or maybe it's a couple who holds the job. Or maybe it isn't even the same caretaker as last year.

well my husband is at work today so maybe i'll hear more when he comes home...this case is just too bizarre...i am starting to wonder if the search dogs were "good" search dogs...
Any information we can get on the dogs and handlers used in the search is wanted! We set up a thread for that subject. It is an interesting read! :)

hehehe Can't you call hubby at work and have him pry a bit?

The answer to that is not always. It is a weekend and they run skeleton crews. If anything happens which is not finding Lindsey or a major story...they will wait until Monday to check it out. Weekends are notoriously bad for us getting any news.

Now THAT sounds like news to me! Thanks, Seventeen~

If the man did have a daughter her age, he could have used his daughter's myspace to put himself in contact with Lindsey. Interesting!!

Who was it asking about the caretaker there? Scandi?

Good Afternoon SS and a Happy Sunday to All,

This is encouraging news and I sure appreciate our dear locals Seventeenseconds Jennifer and any others here now. I just woke up!

I did talk about caretakers of State or Federal properties in general saying I would think they are carefully chosen. In the Scott Peterson case the young couple who were the caretakers of Brooks Island in San Francisco Bay held degrees that qualified them to run a bird sanctuary. They lived in a little house on the island and think they had a new baby. It was open to the public too.

So I brought that up referencing the ORV park south of McCleary thinking that caretaker as well would have been carefully chosen as well with thorough background checks and proper qualifications. They are cherry jobs IMO.

NOW, the caretaker of an RV park or mobile home park would be a different matter as they are usually private concerns hired by an owner or Homeowners Assn and they are probably not as picky in who they hire.

I have read that there are mobile home parks on that road from Elma to McCleary, in fact there was one or more SO's who gave that road as their address.

I sure hope this develops into something. We need a big break in this case and Lindsey needs to be found! Ya Ya :blowkiss:

i drive him crazy with questions every night when he comes home...lol...id hate to start calling him at work...lol...he'd kill me...lol...

Any information we can get on the dogs and handlers used in the search is wanted! We set up a thread for that subject. It is an interesting read! :)

Yes, call the hubby and see if you can get a name of the caretaker so we can check him/her out!

i drive him crazy with questions every night when he comes home...lol...id hate to start calling him at work...lol...he'd kill me...lol...

Where does he work. I'll call him. lol

Hi Jennifer, I don't think LE would give out any info until someone is hauled into the station and most likely arrested. They have been so quiet in this case and with the FBI pretty much in charge they are going to go by the book IMO

We have seen so many cases where the media knows allot more but is told to hold onto their info until given the go ahead. They don't want to have a possible perp split the scene or start to destroy evidence which could easily happen. A leak is another thing and we have seen plenty of those too:eek: xox

lets all have a confernce call with him.....LOL

I wonder if Fonda Voss is the caretaker

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49891642.html

Fonda Voss is making sure visitors to nearby Straddleline ORV park are being reminded about Lindsey's disappearance. It's a big travel destination and one of the entrances to the Capitol Forest.

"The trails are very big. The Capitol Forest is 80,000 acres. Just keeping people aware when they're out on the trail to just keep their eyes open. It's a big area out there," she says.

z7shysterical.gif
Just tell him the girls are having a gathering of great importance :)
gathering.gif

ok....I CALLED MY HUSBAND...PEER PRESSURE I GUESS...LOL
he's gonna see what he can find out but he heard it WAS the STRADDLELINEov/orv park

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18
Back