WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T: Hmmm...couldn't you just fill up the ice chest to the top and let the fan blow over the ice?

I tried that, and it didn't work. I figured it's because heat rises??:confused: It only works if the fan blows from near the bottom. Oh, I forgot to add, you've got to have the ice chest on a pail of some kind, with a hole in the bottom of the ice chest for melting water.

It was my first summer ever without a/c, and I spent most of the hot weeks trying to rig up homemade a/c. Sad. And the worst thing was, my husband was deployed to Iraq, so I couldn't complain about the heat to him, because it was like 120 there!

Must say, though, except for a couple of weeks, summer in the Pacific Northwest is glorious!

a084.gif
Thanks for explaining to me where that info came from earlier. Could be just a rumor and we could have started it here. LOL We were talking about the perp possibly being a policeman a few times. ;)

It sure would be huge news tho!

I don't know what to think of the report of the girl being seen with two men along side of the highway. If LE did only drive by and not check it out...they learned about that other and probably should have been chastized by their superiors for such a stunt.

ETA: I only quoted this post because I love that smiley.

It was 103 earlier. 78 is feeling good.

I'm currently sitting outside in a lawn chair with my feet in my granddaughters swimming pool and drinking a beer.

Life is good.

I think that's against the law Jen. Please remove your tootsie's!

Nite all, let's hope tomorrow brings Lindsey home.

Thanks for explaining to me where that info came from earlier. Could be just a rumor and we could have started it here. LOL We were talking about the perp possibly being a policeman a few times. ;)

It sure would be huge news tho!

I don't know what to think of the report of the girl being seen with two men along side of the highway. If LE did only drive by and not check it out...they learned about that other and probably should have been chastized by their superiors for such a stunt.

ETA: I only quoted this post because I love that smiley.

It is a 'keeper', isn't it. So happy and full of snap!

Posters have spent allot of time on that sighting. It really could have been a child in distress and abducted. I don't think it was Lindsey.

I like the theory she is quite close to her home now and she got in a car willingly since there was no 'crime scene' of an abduction.

It could be she is close to home and was taken by someone local she didn't know, under a ruse to trap her.

Last night on the new Law and Order with Jeff G the perp ended up working for the city in the same bldg as LE, and was the coroner :eek: It was an outstanding show as again in the end Jeff tripped him up, handing the Coroner a swatch of cloth he said was from the victims dress. The Coroner about freaked out, smelling it, holding it close to his face and then started crying, "I didn't mean to hurt her . . ."

Guess what, it was just a piece of cloth that looked similar. LOLOL I love the writer of that show as he is the closest thing I have seen since Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was writing about an investigator!

I think that's against the law Jen. Please remove your tootsie's!

Uh oh. Please don't call the MPD on me, I'll remove my tootsies.

I wonder if being on the laptop with my feet in the pool is a bad idea anyways.
What are the chances I'll be electrocuted? lol

No I don't, but isn't that interesting? Hmmm. I wonder if it's a new position or for a replacement?

It's been there quite a while. I can't remember when my husband first heard about it but it was at least 6 months ago.

I'd say you are fine as long as it isn't plugged in. :)

I'd say you are fine as long as it isn't plugged in. :)

Uh oh. *removes feet*

I have it plugged in because I'm to cheap to buy a new battery and mine is on it's last legs. haha!

Good Night, time to get set up for a cool bit of heaven tonight. It's all in the planning and imagination of it, :blowkiss::blowkiss:

ROSEBURG OREGON - CARISSA PALMER!!! She was abducted by her father. This is the FIRST Amber Alert I've seen! Interesting that this happened during this discussion!

I'm glad she's been found. Thank goodness. I'm glad they didn't delay the alert.

Just watched the 11 o'clock news on every channel (gotta love DVR) and there was no mention of Lindsey or a supposed arrest of a police officer.

I think someone heard a rumor.

Rant alert:
~respectfully snipped:

And while we are on the issue of being desentitized, when did we as a nation become so complacent that any child capable of walking is initially assumed to have run away?

This really bothers me, too. As a general rule, children who are 8, 9, 10, 11 and even 12 do not run away. It's the 15, 16 and 17-year-olds who run away.
Amber Dubois was thought to have run away when her parents were adamant that she would never run away.

LE should treat every missing child under the age of 15 as an abduction. Wouldn't it make more sense to err on the side of caution? Those first few hours are so critical and they don't get a do-over.

Rant over.

Good question.

Now...please back away from the water slowly. ;)

Speaking of MPD, what are they doing all day in McCleary? Are they back to their normal routine while the FBI handles the case? Anyone seeing any movement on their part during the day around the station?

First of all I'd like to thank the local WS photographers for their excellent work, especially picking up some sharpness at that extremely low shutter speeds that are evident when spotting an arm moving slightly (complete blur). If you were not using a tripod or monopod you both did some amazing photography without the use of a flash and simply relying on ISO and low shutter speeds.

My initial interest was in seeing a good close up shot of JB, and JVK provided some really excellent shots! A few comments that I'd like to share:

Cyberswept (I believe it was) in a really excellent summary of the general subjective mood (in the last thread) indicated that JB seemed somewhat distant from the affairs. That was interesting.

Snipped from post #652 in the last thread (8): I met JB. He seemed well mannered enough, but in my honest opinion, detached from the whole thing. Most of the kids sat and listened to the speakers while he was up moving around most of the time. My wife also told me that when they would go to the park there, they would always see him and that he was very friendly. He even pushed my daughter around in a wheel barrow one day. My wife didn't realize who he was until tonight.

Chat has been made in the past relative to the description of the shoes that LB was wearing at the time of her disappearance. I noticed that in the shot of JB and MB that both were wearing what could be determined to be "flip flops" or slip on shoes, both being black. Perhaps either one of these shoes could bring light into what LB was wearing upon her disappearance, since both shoes belong to the same family and were probably purchased during one shoe shopping affair.

Shoes
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4416&stc=1&d=1248573887

One other thing that I wanted to discover, JB's build and weight compared to the photo a few years back when he was photographed with LB in swimming suits and goggles. Clearly he weighs quite a bit more in the above photo, and I would guess that he weighs almost as much as the individual holding the microphone.

Thanks again to you great photographers! :clap::clap::clap:
I have shoes very similiar to the ones JB has on. They are "clog-like" and are called "Anywears". I really like mine.

Sorry, I would not live without air conditioning. I don't know how anyone can. Can you get at least a little window unit for your bedroom?

As for the sighting. . .I think it is a case of mistaken identity. I wouldn't recognize Lindsey and I have looked at her pictures.

So glad to hear my fellow NW sluethers are hang'in in there. Two nights of this heat really messes with your attitude! I opened all the doors at 5 am and closed them at 7 this morning. Speaking of attitude, I came across a post I hadn't seen at In-Sessions and it was posted by LB adult female friend addressing posters concern about her and what she has shared with FBI, and also to tell folks her son was a friend of Lindsey's and to not not involve him in their sluething. I believe she sent the post to Scared M"s. Has this already been discussed here? I haven't ventured away from our w/s's or local news but might give it a whirl as it is too hot to move! Thankgoodness for lap tops! Where is evryone standing in their thoughts on this case today? Anymore to the rumor local LE may be on to something even questioning one of their own? Going for ice! Close up pictures of JB can be found in pics thread? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow