WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"And scares what remains with black attacking hawks."

This line was changed today, it did read "scare you out of your socks".

Welcome to Websleuths girlfawkes! Always appreciate the locals who can give us so many more details about the surroundings.

Would this be a road Mackenzie would know about? Used alot by teens as a meeting place? Could she have given someone a lift who told her where to drive and park? Wonder where her boyfriend lives? Thanks and welcome!

I'm not sure, eyes. There are a lot of places up Squilchuck that are make-out sites, but I wouldn't think Pitcher canyon is one of them. There just aren't really enough pull out areas. EDIT- one side of the canyon is a steep gully with thick brush and the other side a steep hill. Just no place for a couple of teens to really go. I truly think that this was purely a dumping site for the car. I don't really think a crime occurred up there, since her car couldn't have made it all the way up the primitive portion of the road IMO, then there was only one set of footprints. I did look up all the white pages listings for addresses that fit his last name. 2 of them are within 4-5 miles of the car. A motivated person could walk that distance in an hour and a half or less.

You know, the drive from Orondo to Wenatchee is a beautiful road along the river. I wonder if the perp dumped her body along the way as there were only 1 set of footprints walking away from vehicle. She could be in sooo many places, but with that short of time I wonder if she may have been dumped in the river. :(

My feeling is that if there was a crime it occurred somewhere up in the Squilchuck area. It just wouldn't make sense to do a dump along the highway between Orondo and Wenatchee and then drive all the way through town to abandon a vehicle up the canyon- possibly passing cops, people who would recognize her car, security cams, ect... The only way to get from Orondo to Squilchuck is to drive through town and over one of 2 bridges, both of which have traffic cams. Of course, we all know that the sick things these people do don't necessarily make any kind of sense.

I just think it makes more sense for a crime to have occurred somewhere up there and then the car dumped on the way back down the Squilchuck road.

Mackenzie Cowell update: No Amber Alert in missing teen case, friends set up website, reward

riends of Mackenzie Cowell, the Washington teen who went missing Tue., Feb. 9, have set up a website "Missing: Our prayers go out to Mackenzie and family" to alert the public of her disappearance and as a place for people to leave comments.

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m2d13-Mackenzie-Cowell-update-No-Amber-Alert-in-missing-teen-case-friends-set-up-website-reward

The website is http://mackenzie.nwi.net/

so, so sad....I just don't understand why so many girls are being murdered. :(

Prayers for her family, friends & community.

RIP, Mackenzie :rose:

Many prayers to the family of Mackenzie, may she RIP and may her killer be brought swiftly to justice.

Oh no! :( Horrible news. I hope they have a good idea of who did this and will make an arrest soon.

Rest in peace, Mackenzie. I don't know what else to say at this point. :(

oh no.....what is going on in this modern world.......and it isnt just over there guys....here in quiet little oz, everyday there is another murder or really bad child abuse case........when I was a teen (44 now) a murder here in australia would be be national headlines for days and you would remember the name of that poor person....now.....its just common....

dang it! Why is this happening ? Is it we have become more aware of our surroundings or is this happening more often?

Just got back, logged on, and such terrible news! Heart felt sympathies to her family and all loved ones. I'm just so sorry!

I am so sad to see the news that Mackenzie has been found dead, murdered.

I was hoping that she would be found, safe and sound.

RIP Mackenzie. You had so much going for you. Gone too soon.

Prayers for Mackenzie's family and friends.

Awwww...Oh, I was so hoping she had a problem nobody knew about and maybe she set it all up and took off...I knew better of course but gosh how sad.

My sincerest condolences to the family and all that truly love her.
May the perpetrator be quickly apprehended and justice be mighty and swift. Many prayers.

This just sickens me...

RIP Mackenzie

Very disturbing IMO. Who the heck writes stuff like that when their GF is missing?

Yes, LE is aware of it. When I found it I showed it to a friend and she called the tip line.

Can you email the LE and send them the link? Just want to be sure they can find it.

TIA,

Salem

Can you email the LE and send them the link? Just want to be sure they can find it.

TIA,

Salem

I've been searching for it and can't find it. What am I doing wrong? Or has it been removed in the last 10 minutes

Nevermind.. seems JennO can't spell today. Found it. :)

Here's a map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Wenatchee,+WA&daddr=Pitcher+Canyon+to:8894+Crescent+Bar+Road+Northwest,+Quincy,+WA+98848-9640+(Crescent+Bar+Resort+Inc)+to:Orondo,+WA&geocode=FeSf0wIdszXU-ClDTwXdQ8ybVDGQ0TNGAmNudA%3BFX7b0gId4ATU-ClZObPmvjKaVDFfwE44M3shJQ%3BFTZ70AIdmQfZ-CGx3ORYryd8Myl_NxCulX6ZVDGzZamxm0-4-g%3B&gl=us&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=47.260592,-120.031128&sspn=0.417538,0.843201&ie=UTF8&ll=47.346267,-120.039368&spn=0.833725,1.686401&t=h&z=9

Point A is Wenatchee
Point B is Pitcher Canyon
Point C is Crescent Bar Resort
Point D is Orondo (where Mackenzie lived)

Did the take her to the Crescent Bar Resort for a "Valentine's" date?

My heart breaks for her and her family. I was so hoping she was going to come home alive.

Salem

ETA: It looks like the Crescent Bar Resort is a golf course with a restaurant on the water's edge. I can't tell if there is a hotel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neiljohnsavage