WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liz the above quote shows they found it to say bank owned. I'm going to try and find at little more on it.

That's it. I saw the same thing as Amysmom in several listings. "Bank owned". I would suspect she copied and pasted. I know that's what I saw too. Now can't find it anywhere.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...noid=64haY4nCngsJ1R6n1HnqBw&cbp=11,170.7,,0,5

I just did a map of her beauty school to crescent bar road, and than back to pitcher canyon road. It makes it even more obvious to me that the killer drove her to this house knowing the location in some way than heads back toward wenatchee to ditch the car.

Could she have picked this killer up somewhere in or around wenatchee, than they drive to the crescent road location, and he drives her car back to crescent bar, dumps it, and walks back to where his/her own car was parked where she had picked him/her up? just throwing thoughts around. Looking at the map it is just confounding!

$150,000 REDUCTION! Nearly 400' of secluded riverfront vistas! Arguably the most perfect view of the Columbia River gorge. 1805 sf home with 3+ car garage, shop, guest suite, large covered entertaining patio with bar,surround sound inside and out, large pantry, and stunning features such as granite counters/wet bar/tile floors and more. The real gem is the 1.7 acres w/pond, waterfalls, natural pool, and perfect location on beach inlet. Only 20 minutes from Wenatchee. Dreams are made of this...
nothing says bank owned... just that the price has been reduced... however, you other peeps may want to take a look as I could have missed something...

http://www.johnlscott.com/propertydetail.aspx?GroupID=214934980&ListingID=300413289&Sort=0

That's it. I saw the same thing as Amysmom in several listings. "Bank owned". I would suspect she copied and pasted. I know that's what I saw too. Now can't find it anywhere.

I googled the "156 crescent quincy, Wa bank owned "several links come up. when I click on them bank owned is no longer on there.

That is not uncommon. we have to send the foreclosure company a copy of the MLS. Alot of them do not want the properties advertised as bank owned or foreclosure. So maybe the agent sent a copy in and the company requested her to remove the bank owned from the listing.

I'm trying to find a tax record search for the county. I think it is grant county. The tax record may show the owner as the bank.

It really depends on the buyer and situation. I have had buyers call me off the sign. If the house is vacant and I'm going to meet them I will give them permission to look around outside while I'm on my way to let them in.
As far as a lock box. this is a foreclosure proeprty it would be a combonation lock. Usually four numbers. Most agents know all the foreclosure codes used. So do the people who trash out the house (clean debris out). Also any assistants to the Agent would have the code also. possibly their family members also. My 13 yr old knows the codes as she helps me sometimes putting out signs, and lock boxes.

This being a manufactured home. They are easy to break in if the dead bolt is not locked. On most foreclosure only the door knob is relaced and the dead bolt is not locked.

Also I check my foreclosures every month. Sometimes they will go a month or so without a showing. Alot of times it's other agents showing the home. They may not realize that damage to the home is new.

hope this helps some. sorry for the long post.

That said, I wonder if Mackenzie would have had access to the vacant home herself? Maybe she thought of it as somewhere that she and "he" could go to be together alone?

Well, that's weird. Almost all the listing mentioned it when Lady first found them. I think they said "150,000 BANK reduction" and maybe mentioned it in another fashion as well. Now I can't find any of them with that info. I did notice that at least one of the pages with this home has been modified in the last 2 hours, don't know what the changes were.

This is the cached version from Feb. 15, 2010:

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:-FnI1AFNxTMJ:www.johnlscott.com/propertydetail.aspx%3FGroupID%3D214934980%26ListingID%3D300413289%26Sort%3D0+%22156+CRESCENT+BAR+RD%22&cd=25&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

it said "$150,000 REDUCTION! BANK OWNED!"

That said, I wonder if Mackenzie would have had access to the vacant home herself? Maybe she thought of it as somewhere that she and "he" could go to be together alone?

This is a scenario I thought possible too as soon as it was confirmed this property was for sale and vacant.

I googled the "156 crescent quincy, Wa bank owned "several links come up. when I click on them bank owned is no longer on there.

That is not uncommon. we have to send the foreclosure company a copy of the MLS. Alot of them do not want the properties advertised as bank owned or foreclosure. So maybe the agent sent a copy in and the company requested her to remove the bank owned from the listing.

I'm trying to find a tax record search for the county. I think it is grant county. The tax record may show the owner as the bank.

You're a genius! :) I googled just the home address and here is a copy of two google results that showed "BANK OWNED" in the listing:

Quincy Real Estate Listings - Quincy WA real estate properties for ...King County real estate for sale, Auburn Washington homes for sale ... Address: 156 Crescent Bar Rd, Quincy. $150000 REDUCTION! BANK OWNED! ...
www.buysellhomesseattle.com/.../WA/.../Quincy/Quincy_Real_Estate_Listings.html - Cached

IF you click on the cached page above, it says it's a snapshot of the page as it appeared on Jan 29, 2010 16:39:10 GMT.

RE/MAX Northwest Realtors: Bothell, Kirkland, Mill Creek, Seattle ...Quincy Real Estate Listings - Quincy WA real estate properties for sale - Quincy ... Address: 156 Crescent Bar Rd, Quincy. $150000 REDUCTION! BANK OWNED! ...
www.pburnsgroup.com/.../WA/.../Quincy/Quincy_Real_Estate_Listings.html - Cached

If you click on the cached copy of the 2nd one, it says "It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on Feb 3, 2010 09:15:58 GMT"

Mystery solved! Thank you JnTexas! :blowkiss:

I would just like to add some general knowledge I have about the Crescent Bar area, from last year while working as an advertising sales representative.
The house in question is by the only road in or out of the Crescent Bar area. In fact it is the first house you would see as you enter Crescent Bar. This house is on the edge of the county line. In fact the house in question is in Douglas County and the next house is in Grant County.

This time of year the Crescent Bar area has its lowest population. Most of the homes are summer homes or time shares. There is at least one gated community, and several private member communities. I am not sure how many homes occupied year are around but I would guess it would be less than %50. In addition, there is at least one orchard and from the signs he has posted, they have had problems with trespassers. There is at least one campground and several public access points.

Back to the population, this time of year there would be limited construction/painters working in Crescent Bar on a daily basis. Businesses would be doing daily activities to prepare for the spring and summer. I assume that there would be orchard workers who would also be working in the area. All of these individuals I believe would have noticed something going on in the home. I may not notice something going on at the house on my way down the hill but I would defiantly notice when I was leaving the area.

In my past experience I found it very hard to see business owners when calling on them this time of year. In addition every time I called on a business in the area, the people, were always inquisitive as to why I was in the area. If someone was to do something at that residence they would have to be very careful. I would find it hard to believe that someone could get away with it in broad daylight unless they appeared to be someone that belonged in the area and did not draw attention.

Jimmy

Oh NO, boondock! Just when I thought I'd gotten it all figured out, your post has me confused all over again. :crazy:

You guys are too fast for me! ;) By the time I googled and tinyed the two urls I posted above, you guys had posted half a dozen posts!

Did you all happen to notice this?

$650,000 Temporarily off market Quincy Area Home Quincy, WA Bedroom: 4 Bathroom: 2.75

http://www.johnlscott.com/propertydetail.aspx?GroupID=214934980&ListingID=300413289&Sort=0

I would just like to add some general knowledge I have about the Crescent Bar area, from last year while working as an advertising sales representative.
The house in question is by the only road in or out of the Crescent Bar area. In fact it is the first house you would see as you enter Crescent Bar. This house is on the edge of the county line. In fact the house in question is in Douglas County and the next house is in Grant County.

This time of year the Crescent Bar area has its lowest population. Most of the homes are summer homes or time shares. There is at least one gated community, and several private member communities. I am not sure how many homes occupied year are around but I would guess it would be less than %50. In addition, there is at least one orchard and from the signs he has posted, they have had problems with trespassers. There is at least one campground and several public access points.

Back to the population, this time of year there would be limited construction/painters working in Crescent Bar on a daily basis. Businesses would be doing daily activities to prepare for the spring and summer. I assume that there would be orchard workers who would also be working in the area. All of these individuals I believe would have noticed something going on in the home. I may not notice something going on at the house on my way down the hill but I would defiantly notice when I was leaving the area.

In my past experience I found it very hard to see business owners when calling on them this time of year. In addition every time I called on a business in the area, the people, were always inquisitive as to why I was in the area. If someone was to do something at that residence they would have to be very careful. I would find it hard to believe that someone could get away with it in broad daylight unless they appeared to be someone that belonged in the area and did not draw attention.

Jimmy

Thank you for this information and welcome to Websleuths :thumb:

Thanks for your valuable insight, Jimmy! And, welcome to websleuths! :)

Jimmy

Welcome, and thanks for the info. Orchard pruning would be in full swing in the last couple of months.

Somehow, whoever was there with Mackenzie, avoided the detection of the neighbor, who didn't see anyone there, but did notice the tire tracks on the property. It wasn't until later in the day that they again looked down and saw several LE vehicles and yellow crime-scene tape.

JMHO
fran

~snipped~
Did you all happen to notice this?

$650,000 Temporarily off market Quincy Area Home Quincy, WA Bedroom: 4 Bathroom: 2.75

WOW! That went fast! When I posted this 15 minutes ago, the house was still listed just as it was earlier. Now this:

We're sorry we couldn't find the page you requested
Market conditions change constantly. This property is no longer available.
Helpful Links
Interactive Map Property Search: Washington | Oregon | Idaho

Property Search: Search

Find an Agent or Office: Locate

Contact Customer Service: Email or call (888) 854-****

I redacted the last 4 digits of the telly number just to be sure I stay within TOS.

WOW! That went fast! When I posted this 15 minutes ago, the house was still listed just as it was earlier. Now this:

We're sorry we couldn't find the page you requested
Market conditions change constantly. This property is no longer available.
Helpful Links
Interactive Map Property Search: Washington | Oregon | Idaho

Property Search: Search

Find an Agent or Office: Locate

Contact Customer Service: Email or call (888) 854-****

I redacted the last 4 digits of the telly number just to be sure I stay within TOS.

I noticed that too. Probably been pulled off the market until this is resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daniellelacy