WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"We haven't identified anyone from the tips," said task force spokesman Capt. Doug Jones. "There are several tips coming in and we follow them up. And that's what we are doing right now."

On Thursday police released video of Cowell entering the parking lot of Academy of Hair Design, getting into her car and driving off.

"We have pretty much ruled out that this is an abduction. She got into that car alone we had the car under surveillance all day," Jones said.
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/84754822.html

do you have any evidence that he knew Mackenzie?
that he was her boyfriend? that he threatened her? that they fought? anything at all?

I just find it incredible that people would want to think a kid is a murderer or even the fact that people think he is 'disturbed' because of some poems

is there more to this that only locals know of? there must be right? does his family have a bad reputation around town? are there other murderers in his family? does he have a criminal record? has he been a suspect in other crimes???

there's got to be more! or else we might as well just start arresting poets and writers everywhere based on the creepiness factor ... geez, stephen king would be in prison for life ... how 'bout edgar allan poe ... there's too many to even think of ... including me!

the poem about a guy named bob - it says right in there near the end that bob's story is an allegory

an allegory is basically a metaphor, commonly used in writing - symbolism that represents something else

this does not mean that this kid or any other person who writes dark stuff could not also be a criminal

but please, can we all look for other ties - any evidence, any crumb ... I'll take a crumb that ties him to this!

anything else, people I'm begging - otherwise I'm beginning to feel like I'm in the dark ages or Iran 2008 or geez, even America during the McCarthy era

I'm not trying to be rude to you phenox01 or anyone else ... we just really need to consider how quickly we will condemn someone and the reasons for that condemnation

and if we have a suspect in mind, we absolutely need to sleuth him - which means looking at more than just one area of his life

that's my rant for the week - sorry so long!

Rude or not Rude, Wont hear from me again. He sure did pick one HELL of a date to start being an "aspiring writer" Writing what looks like to me, slaying a female for dating a man of a different color... Enjoy yourselves.

Rude or not Rude, Wont hear from me again. He sure did pick one HELL of a date to start being an "aspiring writer" Writing what looks like to me, slaying a female for dating a man of a different color... Enjoy yourselves.

Hey phenox! You're entitled to post your opinions and thoughts, just like everyone else here. As long as you don't violate the terms of service, you're okay!

I agree that the dates his poems began appearing (the 9th, same day Mackenzie went missing) are suspicious, if nothing else!

How do I go about approaching our great astro-sleuths to look into Mackenzie's case? Do I just post a request on the general thread there?

hey phenox01 please dont go because of what was said.......i think you have every right to say what you want ......this is a forum to dicuss circumstances around crimes and a 17 yr old bf/or ex bf writing disturbing poetry is indeed a circumstance.........no one is saying that every one who writes disturbing stuff acts on it....of course not......but in the alyssa bustamante case AFTER she was found to be the killer everyone started commenting on her dark and disturbing writings.........

I am not saying he is the killer either but indeed it should be checked out.......

Ok, Im not saying its not the kid either, just have been reading up, studing and reading and more and more and more... and its just been bottled up and had to let it all out. So to hear any form of criticism is just kinda hurtful, considering the countless hours ive spent behind this computer. I just hope this town can someday soon go back to the way it once was.

I know how you feel and empathize with you, phenox. I'm sure a lot of people are on edge these days. I hope that things get back to being more peaceful in the Wenatchee area as well. It will probably take a little time.
Or more.

I didn't realize his writings started just at the time of Mackenzie's disappearance. That fact definitely makes him more suspect, if nothing else. But yeah, stick around Phenox. We often disagree with each other here, sometimes very passionately, but the rule is 'attack the post and not the poster' and everyone should be fine. I think you're a valuable contributor and should not leave please!

I didn't realize his writings started just at the time of Mackenzie's disappearance. That fact definitely makes him more suspect, if nothing else. But yeah, stick around Phenox. We often disagree with each other here, sometimes very passionately, but the rule is 'attack the post and not the poster' and everyone should be fine. I think you're a valuable contributor and should not leave please!

bbm

I had the impression (from postings) that he's been a member of that site for a year or more (true or not?) so I didn't realize this fact either..I've been very suspicious of him from the get go but obviously even more so now.

What I don't get is why we still don't know for a fact who her boyfriend was..Why is it still a mystery?..A friend or simply someone that knew her from school/neighborhood normally would've spilled by now..And I mean to the media not on some forum..It feels like everyone there is protecting him & it's very strange..Unless the fact is they have & the media isn't allowed to reveal his identity cos he's only 17 (?)

Stick around Phenox..You won't regret it :)

"We haven't identified anyone from the tips," said task force spokesman Capt. Doug Jones. "There are several tips coming in and we follow them up. And that's what we are doing right now."

On Thursday police released video of Cowell entering the parking lot of Academy of Hair Design, getting into her car and driving off.

"We have pretty much ruled out that this is an abduction. She got into that car alone we had the car under surveillance all day," Jones said.

If they had the car under surveillance all day - does that mean Mackenzie met someone, somewhere? It doesn't sound like it was in the canyon, so that means, maybe, at Crescent Bar? She drove to Crescent Bar on her own to meet someone?

The beauty school director is in an article saying she has not talked to anyone that heard Mackenzie was going to get coffee and the Director speculates that Mackenzie might have been going to dance practice - which would mean that she was not planning on returning to the school that day. This kind of changes the scenario to me. So it is possible Mackenzie was going to meet someone, for some reason?

Salem

Can someone help me out?
What does he mean by "we had the car under surveillance all day" ?

Ahh I am not crazy! Salem noticed it too.................I am just not fast enough.
So, why on earth would they have already had her car under surveillance all day prior to her demise? Or am I misinterpreting the statement?

Can someone help me out?
What does he mean by "we had the car under surveillance all day" ?

Ahh I am not crazy! Salem noticed it too.................I am just not fast enough.
So, why on earth would they have already had her car under surveillance all day prior to her demise? Or am I misinterpreting the statement?

I interpret it to mean that the camera was focused on that same area all day and that her car was parked there all day. Therefore, her car would be visible on camera for the entire day (i.e. "under surveillance")

I'm sure they weren't "watching" it all day, although now I bet they have gone back and done that. Which means they probably have footage of her going into her school, too. Whether that's useful or not, I don't know.

I think I interpreted that right. I also hope my interpretation is clear, because I had a hard time typing what I meant!

ETA: I think they said that after they said, "She got into that car alone..." because they are trying to say no one had climbed in her car and was waiting for her. I know it seems like a long shot, but I've always learned that when I get into my car I should check my back seat, because it's happened before. I know she has a small car, but it could happen, I suppose, if she wasn't paying attention.

I interpret it to mean that the camera was focused on that same area all day and that her car was parked there all day. Therefore, her car would be visible on camera for the entire day (i.e. "under surveillance")

I'm sure they weren't "watching" it all day, although now I bet they have gone back and done that. Which means they probably have footage of her going into her school, too. Whether that's useful or not, I don't know.

I think I interpreted that right. I also hope my interpretation is clear, because I had a hard time typing what I meant!

ETA: I think they said that after they said, "She got into that car alone..." because they are trying to say no one had climbed in her car and was waiting for her. I know it seems like a long shot, but I've always learned that when I get into my car I should check my back seat, because it's happened before. I know she has a small car, but it could happen, I suppose, if she wasn't paying attention.

That's the way I interpreted it also. That they had video of the parking lot from the whole day and no one had stowed away in the backseat in wait for her.
I think it could have been explained better.

Thanks
That makes sense......KISS theory, for a second there I thought there may be a lot more to this story. Someday's I just don't compute.

The Wenatchee World article, Cops hope for help from video has been updated, and this correction was added.

"This story previously stated that FBI agents are no longer in Wenatchee working the case. Only FBI profilers have left the area. Other agents are still working the case. The error has been corrected in this version."

I thought this was noteworthy.

The Wenatchee World
Friday, February 19, 2010

Wild honor Mackenzie Cowell at tonight’s game

A group of local women who do random acts of kindness has teamed up with the Wenatchee Wild hockey team and Wenatchee Police Department to collect reward money to help solve the Mackenzie Cowell homicide case.

Before tonight’s Wild’s hockey game against the Texas Tornadoes at the Town Toyota Center, Cowell’s friends will be collecting money for a reward that leads to the arrest and conviction of whomever killed the 17-year-old Wenatchee High School student. - snipped

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/19/wild-honor-mackenzie-cowell-at-tonights-game/

I'm going to reiterate (though it's been covered) that he has 2 profiles on that site. One of them contained poetry from roughly this same time last year, and many of the poems are the same ones. The newer profile began being heavily added to and edited right around the time of her disappearance. It could be coincidence, nobody knows. I was just restating this because this thread is looooong.

Someone mentioned earlier about the brodie marks at the house in Crescent Bar that they look like they maybe are made from a motorbike of some kind, and that's the way it lookes to me too. Getting on the back of a motorbike is one reason to leave your purse in your car and only taking your phone and a debit card. (whether at the end of Pitcher Canyon or elsewhere).

I'm going to reiterate (though it's been covered) that he has 2 profiles on that site. One of them contained poetry from roughly this same time last year, and many of the poems are the same ones. The newer profile began being heavily added to and edited right around the time of her disappearance. It could be coincidence, nobody knows. I was just restating this because this thread is looooong.

From what I saw, under his original pen name, there were 4 poems. One was uploaded last February (on the 25th). Three were uploaded last July (1st of the month). Only one, Trainwreck, was carried over to his new profile; and was posted on the 9th of this month; along with The Game, Lockdown, and Strides.

On the 11th, Eclipse was added.
On the 12th, Final Stand and Suck My were added.
On the 13th, Fatality was added.
On the 18th, Bipolar Bob was added.

This is accurate to the best of my knowledge. If anyone knows of any inaccuracies above, please feel free to correct me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member