WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard nothing yet to convince me that Mackenzie was anywhere but on the shoreline of the Columbia River. She may have been on the brushy end of the CB lot, but I don't think that her feet were in a minor stream or anything. I don't think LE was trying to play semantics when they said that her feet were in the water. Until someone shows something convincing otherwise, I think it's clear that she was lying with her feet in the Columbia.

Then, you believe MC's body was discovered out in the wide open, correct?

I think MC was required to work there on many occasions during the period of construction; not a stranger to that location for probably 2-4 years. Unsure when the neighbors actually "arrived" in that neighborhood since it is a relatively newish subdivision. Contractors, subs (and their kids) know where to find hidden keys and alarm codes. IMHO - neither JF or MC would seem out of place there. I, however, do think it unlikely she would hoof it down the hill. BTW wasn't her car actually a 1997 vintage?

Bbm.

Yes.

I think MC was required to work there on many occasions during the period of construction; not a stranger to that location for probably 2-4 years. Unsure when the neighbors actually "arrived" in that neighborhood since it is a relatively newish subdivision. Contractors, subs (and their kids) know where to find hidden keys and alarm codes. IMHO - neither JF or MC would seem out of place there. I, however, do think it unlikely she would hoof it down the hill. BTW wasn't her car actually a 1997 vintage?

I have no idea of her car. I remember hearing that she had recently purchased a car and she was so proud of it. That is where my knowledge begins and ends on her vehicle. Would she have been working there recently?, or has the construction been finished up for some time now? Any idea what her work at the spec house entailed?

I sleuthed this. I copied and pasted the "poem" in google and fixed spelling errors. It came back as a Keith Urban song called Stupid Boy. I had noticed that she liked to quote movies and songs... I hope that helps.

I was wondering cuz I thought it sounded familiar but couldn't recall where.

Jumping in here....

My kids would routinely walk 2 miles or more most days. Not all kids watch TV and play video games all day. My kids would walk to their friends houses that far away and we lived in a small village. I don't think this is out of the question. JMO and all

Wow, it took me most of the evening just to get caught up. Good stuff, WSers.

Del, Vic, and others that visited the CB site...I applaud your bravery. My fear would be coming across this perp(s). Until this perp is apprehended, no one is safe. Please be careful...if it is a SK and not a raging inner circle POI, they tend to return.

"The only devils in this world are those running around inside your own hearts, and that is where all our battles should be fought." - Mahatma Ghandi

After reading the posts I had a thought...It was stated in LE press releases that the house was identified as a crime scene. Was the house broken into? Or did someone have access to the realtors codes the access the keybox (if there was one). That may point back to WC and more specifically JF.

Also, not sure if the feet in the water means anything but could an interpretation be biblical...Jesus walked on water - someone extremely jealous of MC or feels slighted by MC's accomplishments and staged it - Everyone thinks she walks on water but I know the truth.

Just a theory so please don't take this critical of the Applettes (sp) but those girls looked pretty average to me, some overweight issues, questionable dance skills...a jealous member tells her gangster boyfriend that MC got selected for something that should have been her, then ganster friend takes MC out.

Then, you believe MC's body was discovered out in the wide open, correct?

The police said that she was found on the on the Columbia river bank with her feet in the water. That's what I believe.

I should have clarified, I meant NEW TO HER, not a new car.

I have no idea of her car. I remember hearing that she had recently purchased a car and she was so proud of it. That is where my knowledge begins and ends on her vehicle. Would she have been working there recently?, or has the construction been finished up for some time now? Any idea what her work at the spec house entailed?

Work finished up there for some time, I believe. MC would most likely pick up/clean up around the site, help with yard debris or chores to help keep home show ready.

Some confusion about car purchase, I think there was a recent rumor that WC recently purchased a new vehicle for JF. MC's dad owned her car. FWIW I don't think it went through any car wash on the day she disappeared, it looked pretty weathered. JMO [MC started driving her car in December 2008 - firsthand knowledge]

BTW - confirmed with reliable source today that Applettes Dance team did NOT perform on the evening of 2/9/10 >> WHS Cheerleaders instead performed (fact). Previous discussion over weekend.

Jumping in here....

My kids would routinely walk 2 miles or more most days. Not all kids watch TV and play video games all day. My kids would walk to their friends houses that far away and we lived in a small village. I don't think this is out of the question. JMO and all

Point well taken, gogranny, MC was a busy-busy senior (dancing & working out & cosmetology school & team practices). Just sayin.

As far as MC walking from WC to the spec house I doubt she would have. (Speculation) My kids have had numerous friends that live in Eaglerock. WC house is at the very top of the hill. The road in Eaglerock is a winding two lane road with ditches on both sides, with lots of blind curves. In all my years of driving my kids back in forth I don’t think I have ever seen a kid walking on that road. I know I wouldn’t want my kids no matter the age walking it.

Hey all, I've been following this and finally decided to register. I appreciate everyone's input and thought that you are giving this case. This is all so heartbreaking. I have a question about the threads though. I followed it up until what I assume is the end of the 4th thread, which ended on 3/4/10, and now I can only see where it starts again on 3/12/10. How do I find the posts on the dates in between? TIA, and keep up the good work!

Hey all, I've been following this and finally decided to register. I appreciate everyone's input and thought that you are giving this case. This is all so heartbreaking. I have a question about the threads though. I followed it up until what I assume is the end of the 4th thread, which ended on 3/4/10, and now I can only see where it starts again on 3/12/10. How do I find the posts on the dates in between? TIA, and keep up the good work!

Welcome, Eye.

Give me a sec, and I'll compile a list of links for ya.

The person who found Cowell's body told police her feet were in the water of the Columbia River and she was fully clothed.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22573930/detail.html

Here is another that says the same thing

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/13/weve-got-to-find-this-monster-sheriffs-spokesman/

From what was posted here from people who talked to people who found her and pictures that were posted she was not in the Columbia but in a small stream. It changes all thinking now about whether she was meant to be found or not.

Any idea what her work at the spec house entailed?[/QUOTE]

She helped WC with yard work on some occasions.

Possible accronym

SLM - Sanctity of Life Ministries - anti-abortion group from VA.

Work finished up there for some time, I believe. MC would most likely pick up/clean up around the site, help with yard debris or chores to help keep home show ready.

Some confusion about car purchase, I think there was a rumor/fact that WC recently purchased a new vehicle for JF. MC's dad owned her car. FWIW I don't think it went through any car wash on the day she disappeared, it looked pretty weathered. JMO [MC started driving her car in December 2008]

BTW - confirmed with reliable source today that Applettes Dance team did NOT perform on the evening of 2/9/10 >> WHS Cheerleaders instead. Previous discussion over weekend.

Just to make sure- is all of this fact Gone Too Soon? I'm not trying to sleuth you but rather find out if you know this first hand because of interactions with them, or if it was all rumors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sqwkie