WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the body was left down by the river (about 40 or 50 feet down hill). There's no way a person walking along the beach could see a body in that clearing.

LE probably did widen the trail with their walking back and forth on the trail.

If LE wanted my DNA, they would have requested it by now (I assume).

It was my understanding that the person who found the body had to look up the stream and was only barely able to see something unusually further up the stream, (assumption: possibly not even able to identify them as feet until walking the trail around to investigate further).

Does that still put the body 40 or 50 feet down the hill from this clearing?

I've heard nothing yet to convince me that Mackenzie was anywhere but on the shoreline of the Columbia River. She may have been on the brushy end of the CB lot, but I don't think that her feet were in a minor stream or anything. I don't think LE was trying to play semantics when they said that her feet were in the water. Until someone shows something convincing otherwise, I think it's clear that she was lying with her feet in the Columbia.

Can you please clarify if this is a reliable rumor or not? (While stating its a rumor, can you indicate if you think its very possibly true?)

Are the spec home and the WC's home within walking distance of one another? You would think also that the home would be furnished...

ETA: I also think its a little weird that MC and boyfriend would stay there alone. I was never granted such privileges when I was 17. IDK.

Considering the source it is 90% likely to be true.

WC to spec is about a mile? It interesting they said walked to not drive to when telling the story.

Do not know if house is "staged" or not.

Knowing WC past actions and current ones that have not been mentioned here, we are not surprised.

Didn't we hear LE say how it was just total chance that the body was even found? Almost like it was a lucky find by the person walking the beach. I'll go look for awhile... sigh

WC to spec is about a mile? It interesting they said walked to not drive to when telling the story.

Knowing WC past actions and current ones that have not been mentioned here, we are not surprised.

Not to mention that if parent is not practicing what parent preaches, teenage daughter is going to do what teenage daughter wants to do!

Who is "we?"

I've been doing a little FB searching and I happened upon a FB profile of a person who was evidently a pretty good friend of Mackenzie... she talks about Mackenzie freaking out when another friend pieced the eyebrow of this FB person. She's had several posts related to Mackenzie, but what stood out to me was a poem she wrote that says something like...

Why did you take her life and break her down? She gave you her heart and you crushed her dreams and future. She never thought she had a choice because she listened to you, you stupid boy. You had to be right and now she's gone.

(What's above is paraphrased and posted with the permission of a forum moderator. You can see the actual poem, which was posted yesterday, here. Link is posted with mod's permission.)

Thing is, the girl recently broke up with her boyfriend. However, this poem talks about someone taking a life, and this person now being "gone." What do you guys think?

I sleuthed this. I copied and pasted the "poem" in google and fixed spelling errors. It came back as a Keith Urban song called Stupid Boy. I had noticed that she liked to quote movies and songs... I hope that helps.

Who is "we?"

The Makesmewonder “team” a Hodge Podge of interested and interesting characters that glean information (good & bad) on the MC case. Relay that info to me and then I type it in. Some times we put our heads together and sometimes someone lone wolfs it. I sometimes toss in my personal two cents worth. After one poster questioned the authenticity of the “team” I had considered dropping the we and just saying me but that is not fair to :angel:the “team members ” that send good information to me. So we plod on.

Not to mention that if parent is not practicing what parent preaches, teenage daughter is going to do what teenage daughter wants to do!

While I agree with AutumnRose and thanks to MakesMeWonder and Melissa W for clarification; it seems like this would be stretch for even for WC? Down W. Eaglerock is pretty steep and winding without sidewalks or decent shoulders. Most new custom homes do not come with tv's or home entertainment systems installed as a "feature" especially when they have never been occupied. When MC spends such abbreviated time at WC's home, it just sounds a bit fishy? IDK, IMO it just sounds very unusual.

While I agree with AutumnRose and thanks to MakesMeWonder and Melissa W for clarification; it seems like this would be stretch for even for WC? Down W. Eaglerock is pretty steep and winding without sidewalks or decent shoulders. Most new custom homes do not come with tv's or home entertainment systems installed as a "feature" especially when they have never been occupied. When MC spends such abbreviated time at WC's home, it just sounds a bit fishy? IDK, IMO it just sounds very unusual.

Agreed, pretty odd. If she drove to spec home it would make more sense. I suppose they could have used a portable DVD player, and brought blankets??

Gone to soon,

I respectfully disagree. I don't think WC willingly agreed to allow MC to walk down to the house. I believe she just didn't really follow up/watch her daughter. I believe she gave or accidentally revealed the passcode for the home...and didn't know that MC was going there, nor what she was doing there. There's no need for a tv if you are a teen girl out with your boyfriend in an empty house. I'm certain neither was interested in watching tv. IMHO. I don't know the area nor any of the people involved...so I won't speculate that WC would have actually known and allowed something like that to happen. As a mother, I can't imagine letting my own child do something like that, but I don't know that MY parenting is the same as WC's.

Agreed, pretty odd. If she drove to spec home it would make more sense. I suppose they could have used a portable DVD player, and brought blankets??

If it was staged, there would be furniture which would make it a little easier to stay there comfortably. Especially if there aren't a lot of showings, it seems like it would make sense to stay there if staying at her mom's wasn't her first choice because of the fighting between the two of them.

It's 2 and a half miles from WC's home to the spec home. I really doubt that Mackenzie walked to the spec home from WC's home. Not when she has a car.

Would be quite a load to carry while walking 2.5 miles to the spec house.

Regardless of how she got to the spec house, no one really knows. Except Mackenzie. If we find out the spec house is in fact a crime scene, then I believe that this proves that indeed Mackenzie frequented this spot for whatever the reasons.

and maybe she did walk there. Isn't her car relatively new? Also, maybe she went there without a car so the neighbors weren't privy to her goings~on...

The Makesmewonder “team” a Hodge Podge of interested and interesting characters that glean information (good & bad) on the MC case. Relay that info to me and then I type it in. Some times we put our heads together and sometimes someone lone wolfs it. I sometimes toss in my personal two cents worth. After one poster questioned the authenticity of the “team” I had considered dropping the we and just saying me but that is not fair to :angel:the “team members ” that send good information to me. So we plod on.

I like that you have a team. Gives you access to more information. Maybe you should be "MakesmewonderTeam." Or "MakesUsWonder" :crazy:

Could it be that someone (i.e. the perp) made this up to cast MC in a bad light or to divert blame from themselves? For example, non-boyfriend murderer spreads this rumor so that people will think that the boyfriend did it...

Regardless of how she got to the spec house, no one really knows. Except Mackenzie. If we find out the spec house is in fact a crime scene, then I believe that this proves that indeed Mackenzie frequented this spot for whatever the reasons.

I think MC was required to work there on many occasions during the period of construction; not a stranger to that location for probably 2-4 years. Unsure when the neighbors actually "arrived" in that neighborhood since it is a relatively newish subdivision. Contractors, subs (and their kids) know where to find hidden keys and alarm codes. IMHO - neither JF or MC would seem out of place there. I, however, do think it unlikely she would hoof it down the hill. BTW wasn't her car actually a 1997 vintage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannepalmer85