WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If her feet were in the water, but her body was not, does that mean she was not "as one"?

I would, but I thought that would all be considered criminally trespassing? I certainly do not want to be walking on private property and getting into trouble!!

You may be the BIG risk taker of the group, del!

It can't be considered trespassing with a for sale sign on it. Hey Del, is the police tape all gone?

How do you know where the body was found? Is this an assumption by you based on the "B" in the blind?

I do NOT BELIEVE the body was found at the "B".

I do NOT KNOW where the body was found. I never personally saw it.

Based upon first hand descriptions, I SPECULATE the body's location was where the stream exits the brushy-area a couple feet from the duck blind.

To be clear, this is all SPECULATION--albeit an educated one.

When I was down there, I thought I had a good view of the brush area you are talking about; however, what I saw would not have been big enough for a clearing that big. Is the clearing down river from the house on the next property?

It can't be considered trespassing with a for sale sign on it. Hey Del, is the police tape all gone?

It is always trespassing if you don't have prior permission to be there. Would you walk through someone's backyard if there was a for sale sign up? I'm pretty sure you could get arrested for doing so...

This picture was taken from the NW side of the house from public property. On the right side of the picture is a large section of brush, I think this is where Del is talking about? Is that right?

Attachments

• CB Home 001 - Copy.jpg
    CB Home 001 - Copy.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 125
Here is a better picture of the brush.

Attachments

• CB Brush.jpg
    CB Brush.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 97
Here is another one of del's photos which show the figure 8 marks.

Attachments

• Maui-CB 055.jpg
    Maui-CB 055.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 98
This picture was taken from the NW side of the house from public property. On the right side of the picture is a large section of brush, I think this is where Del is talking about? Is that right?

Yes, on the right side of the photo is the large section of brush I'm talking about.

In that photo, I think you might be able to see part of the clearing. The tall tree blocks some of it, but I think you can see a small part of it just to the right of the tall tree.

Nevermind, it looks like the tree is blocking a view of the clearing.

Here are two pictures of the figure eight? It looks like an mountain bike track.

Attachments

• CB Figure 8 Whole.jpg
    CB Figure 8 Whole.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 65
  • CB Figure 8.jpg
    CB Figure 8.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 67
IF MC's *feet* were in water ... where were her other parts dropped?

You asked .

(not trying to discredit you, just pondering aloud.)

Ok.... in response to this....

1st: I don't know if LE would say "her feet were in the water" if the feet were severed and they just laid there. Wouldn't they want to say where most of the body was found? Like "the body was 10 ft from the water?" I don't know.... I would think they would not want to hint even if it was very vague, that there was mutilation.

2nd: if they did sever her feet/partial arm, etc... even if she was dead, there would be blood (unless she was frozen)

3rd: IF this did occur, that is one sick *advertiser censored*. I don't care how mad you are at someone, it would take a SUPER SICK person to do this....... killing is one thing, dismemberment is another. (if this did happen) I hope he is upchucking in his cheerios every morning from the thought (as well as having horrid nightmares and flashbacks)

RUMOR

When I was down there, I thought I had a good view of the brush area you are talking about; however, what I saw would not have been big enough for a clearing that big. Is the clearing down river from the house on the next property?

The clearing is in the brushy-area. Did you view the brushy-area from the trail head? That was the only location I saw the clearing from.

I've heard that the people that found her were walking along the shoreline in that direction because yes, the water was down. The water level/height can vary 10-12 inches sometimes. When the water level is down, you would walk close to the shore and stay on the rocks (which is legal since it is County Public Property). If you go too far out, the water is merky and there is a lot of millfoil. Not condusive with "beachcombing." IMO did the perp think that if/when the water level (eventually) rose then she might float downriver - probably not thinking there would ever be anyone walking along the shore from that direction, especially this time of year? Especially since hunting season is over and there are few/no boaters?
Although CB is busier in the summer, I still think someone would have noticed a car or vehicle on the premise during the daytime. IMO this monster was very familiar with the property, the river and the privacy/conditions of the house. Pure speculation.

It is always trespassing if you don't have prior permission to be there. Would you walk through someone's backyard if there was a for sale sign up? I'm pretty sure you could get arrested for doing so...

I would (and have), in a heartbeat! But hey, that's just me! (I'm talking vacant premises as vs occupied.)

They've got a murderer on the loose and they're going to arrest a looky-loo for going to the possible crime scene, that's listed for sale? I don't think so.
:cool:

Bear in mind, I'm not saying you should go. Cuz I'd feel awful if you did and got arrested. :innocent:

I've been doing a little FB searching and I happened upon a FB profile of a person who was evidently a pretty good friend of Mackenzie... she talks about Mackenzie freaking out when another friend pieced the eyebrow of this FB person. She's had several posts related to Mackenzie, but what stood out to me was a poem she wrote that says something like...

Why did you take her life and break her down? She gave you her heart and you crushed her dreams and future. She never thought she had a choice because she listened to you, you stupid boy. You had to be right and now she's gone.

(What's above is paraphrased and posted with the permission of a forum moderator. You can see the actual poem, which was posted yesterday, here. Link is posted with mod's permission.)

Thing is, the girl recently broke up with her boyfriend. However, this poem talks about someone taking a life, and this person now being "gone." What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheeseghost22