WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Errr... maybe I'm missing something, but how would LE have murder weapons if the murder scene is still unknown? I can't see a perp being stupid enough to leave them at CB if she was killed at CB, or up Pitcher C. So where would they obtain them?

Theory

My guess would be LE got them from the river. LE had a dive team at CB, I believe has been confirmed. Quite possibly, they had an idea of the instruments once they saw MC and her wounds. LE may have had an idea what to look for and found it during the dive.

Plus, wasn't it mentioned somewhere they had further evidence that CB was a crime scene? Not just the body but something they didn't disclose. Need to go back and check statements in WW for this.

There is only so far a person could throw that stuff and as some have related here, the water near shore is not all that deep there.

If they do have this evidence. It could be the perp threw it out in the water after placing MC on the property.

Makes one wonder even more about the phone, the last ping and why it wasn't out there as well if these items were discovered in this manner.

The 1st pic appears to be of a lake ... most rivers typically do not break to shore and from what I've read in these threads, the Columbia's flow rate in the that CB area is quite mild.

Things that can make serene water bodies break on shore:

Boat wakes
Wind

Try this out. During open house at spec house, customer asks innocently, "Where is the crawl space access?" The tour guide leads customer to a closet, lifts carpet covered access door and discovers weapons/tools, bloody stuff, etc. One of many possibilities.

It's possible, but that would be so incredibly stupid, especially when we consider the ground the perp likely covered that day. So easy to simply dig a hole and kick some dirt over them or throw them into the river anywhere along the 20 something mile stretch. Why put them in an area they could be traced back?

The river water isn't clear, it is more brown and Lake Chelan is super clear. The water with the little boy is very clear, so it probably is of Lake Chelan.

Where's the pool? :waitasec:

Property Information for 156 Crescent Bar Rd
Property Features
Single Family Property
Area: Crescent Bar
County: GRANT
Subdivision: Trinidad
Year Built: 1996
4 total bedroom(s)
2.75 total bath(s)
Approximately 1805 sq. ft.
Swimming pool(s)
Heating features: Electric heat,Forced air heat,Heat pump
View
River view
Waterview
Waterfront property
Approximately 1.7 acre(s)
Lot size is between 1 and 2 acres
School District: Quincy

Exterior Features
Storm windows,Patio,Deck,Inground pool

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/156-Crescent-Bar-Rd_Quincy_WA_98848_1113959186

eta..bad link

Pictures 1 & 3 prove that this is crescent bar. I knew that this wasn't Lake Chelan based on the far away land meets water. The land meets water in pic # 1 matches land meeting water at the top of pic #3.

I think several people are in a rush to conclude that the pictures are not CB, when there are several of us with CB experience that believe otherwise.

Now let's start talking about the significance of the car's placement, and who might have spent time at this house, etc. Who are those kids in the raft? Any of them friends of MCs?

Theory

My guess would be LE got them from the river. LE had a dive team at CB, I believe has been confirmed. Quite possibly, they had an idea of the instruments once they saw MC and her wounds. LE may have had an idea what to look for and found it during the dive.

Plus, wasn't it mentioned somewhere they had further evidence that CB was a crime scene? Not just the body but something they didn't disclose. Need to go back and check statements in WW for this.

There is only so far a person could throw that stuff and as some have related here, the water near shore is not all that deep there.

If they do have this evidence. It could be the perp threw it out in the water after placing MC on the property.

Makes one wonder even more about the phone, the last ping and why it wasn't out there as well if these items were discovered in this manner.

I have always and still do think that CB was the crime scene from start to finish. If it was, it would make sense for them to be fished out of the river. Still incredibly stupid though.

I know it's alot of miles, but I wonder if LE has considered tasking DOT clean up crews along the highway between CB and Wenatchee. You never know what might have been tossed!

Respectfully...

Please do not assume the responsibility to tell us what we can and cannot discuss, as long as what we are discussing is within the terms of service of Websleuths.

You may belabor a point that I feel should have been dismissed three threads ago. (Happens all the time, in fact.) As long as you're not breaking the TOS of WS, I don't think I would presume it my place to direct discussion of what others wish to discuss.

The thing to do would be to find summer pictures of CB taken from shore level. I looked and couldn't find that many- but found a lot of you tube footage. Hard to compare as the shots are all wider than the RH pic.

Respectfully...

Please do not assume the responsibility to tell us what we can and cannot discuss, as long as what we are discussing is within the terms of service of Websleuths.

You may belabor a point that I feel should have been dismissed three threads ago. (Happens all the time, in fact.) As long as you're not breaking the TOS of WS, I don't think I would presume it my place to direct discussion of what others wish to discuss.

I apologize if my post was "leading"...you are correct, we can discuss this indefinitely, as TOS allows, as long as it is not outlandish. I will delete the post you have quoted above. No offense pufnstuf, really.

So I posted it on the previous MC thread and asked for opinions. Most people said that, while similar, there were enough differences to assume that the photos were not made at the CB residence where MC's body was recovered.

I have to say it really looks like the same area. The outcrop and the landform behind it are identical. I don’t remember houses being that close to shore. Will have to go out and look. Don’t give up on this yet Puf, you may be onto something!

Where's the pool? :waitasec:

Property Information for 156 Crescent Bar Rd
Property Features
Single Family Property
Area: Crescent Bar
County: GRANT
Subdivision: Trinidad
Year Built: 1996
4 total bedroom(s)
2.75 total bath(s)
Approximately 1805 sq. ft.
Swimming pool(s)
Heating features: Electric heat,Forced air heat,Heat pump
View
River view
Waterview
Waterfront property
Approximately 1.7 acre(s)
Lot size is between 1 and 2 acres
School District: Quincy

Exterior Features
Storm windows,Patio,Deck,Inground pool

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/156-Crescent-Bar-Rd_Quincy_WA_98848_1113959186

eta..bad link

"pool" is the larger pond with the volleyball net

First time poster, long time reader.
The pictures that pufnstuff posted brought back a thought i had a while ago.
PC seems like a place that seeing a car on the side of the road is not so atypical that you would call the police after only an hour of it being there.
During a decent hour 6ish to 8ish why would you be concerned about the car park on the outside of your property.
Just something that I've been thinking about.

This is new information to me...

The Apple Ette Drill team was scheduled to perform at the WHS on 2/9 at 7:30pm and it was also noted as Senior Night..

Wasn't Mackenzie an Apple Ette?

I highly doubt she would have wanted to miss that, even if she wasn't performing..MOOO

How does this fit in with dinner plans at her Dads? and the early curfew?

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache...+ettes"+"feb+9+2010"&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
I have also zoned into this info. I , IMOO have really thought that someone on this team knows something... and IMOO (in my own opinion) feel may be directly or at the least, indirectly involved...Someone there knows something.. At the very least, and ( ohh do not like to go here, but dreamed of 4 dooling dance banjos, pointing at MC).. Even before dream, the dance team seemed significance of having some knowledge here? Dreams are dreams and when into following something day and night, something like this, can cause dreams for some.. just sharing and I do not put much into the dream...just another nights sleep. Weird... Hope all is solved soon, so sad for the community.

I'm curious, when LE found MC's car up PC did they talk with any of the neighbors? Could MC have been taken into a house in PC and held or killed there? Seems there could be a possible connection between the PC homeowner and house at CB. If so, is there also a connection between the PC homeowner (or his kids) and MC?

This was brought up before. I thought it seemed very odd that she would miss it too. No one else really thought (or voiced) it seemed weird. LIke you said, even if she wasn't performing I can't imagine she wouldn't at least go to support her dance team...

What are the chances the game was cancelled? Anyway to find out?

Salem

I am trying to see how the pictures are similar. Maybe I am thinking differently. Are you thinking that they were taken across the river looking towards Crescent Bar? If they were taken from the house at Crescent Bar, and if memory serves me correctly, there are no houses on that side of the river...I am just not seeing what you all are seeing. Can anyone explain the houses?

This is new information to me...

The Apple Ette Drill team was scheduled to perform at the WHS on 2/9 at 7:30pm and it was also noted as Senior Night..

Wasn't Mackenzie an Apple Ette?

I highly doubt she would have wanted to miss that, even if she wasn't performing..MOOO

How does this fit in with dinner plans at her Dads? and the early curfew?

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache...+ettes"+"feb+9+2010"&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Great find, IgottaKnow!

Was there a recent award dinner (late 2009 / current timeframe) for the AppleEttes? Did MC win something over another member? Reaching, but trying to be complete.

Request to locals:

Do you have 'home videos' of the AppleEtte meets? Perhaps the perp might be seen in the background ... ?

"pool" is the larger pond with the volleyball net

This is ridiculously misleading imho..Why not just call it what it is?..A pond & not an "Inground pool" ..It may not be a big deal but it still bugs me!

Back in the previous thread, part 9 I think, Pufnstuf posted the pic of the boy and compared the pic to the pic of the CB home. It was suggested the area was the same and it would be fairly significant as the boy - who had the pic on a website- has a name same as the property owner up PC Rd where the car was found.

I belive the first mention is on about page 24 of the previous thread, which can be accesed by going to P1 of this one.

Hum, now that is what the pic is about.... Always wondered if they checked neighbors UP & down PC.... I asked about this before.... very interesting and had a theory on the close proximity to kids her age there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarah0