WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped
As far as JF and his haircut is concerned, did anyone consider that maybe he kept it because he realized that, as the bf of a mother who's daughter is suddenly missing, he might need to provide alibi for that day? I mean...c'mon, he must've known he'd be one of the first people that LE would look at if foul play was discovered. Which in this case, it was and he is.

All of the above is speculation.

At that point it was not yet known that she was missing so he had no need for an alibi unless he knew.

Puf, In regards to this case you have mentioned, what does "Order Of Dismissal With Prejudice," mean?

With prejudice means that the case cannot be filed again.

If it were without prejudice, then the case could be brought again.

With prejudice means that the case cannot be filed again.

If it were without prejudice, then the case could be brought again.

So would the party mentioned have been enraged with the outcome of this court case? And what would be the reason for it to end this way, if indeed "dismissals with prejudice do not happen often?" Thanks!

At that point it was not yet known that she was missing so he had no need for an alibi unless he knew.

That is EXACTLY what I have been thinking. No one was even aware that she was missing at that time so he didn't look suspicious to anyone until days later.

So would the party mentioned have been enraged with the outcome of this court case? And what would be the reason for it to end this way, if indeed "dismissals with prejudice do not happen often?" Thanks!

Dismissals with prejudice happen usually in what we hear termed as "frivolous lawsuits."

It means the charges can not be refiled at a later date.

*I see it has been covered*

Dismissals with prejudice happen usually in what we hear termed as "frivolous lawsuits."

If the lawsuit was 'frivolous', what significance might it have to the MC case?

That is EXACTLY what I have been thinking. No one was even aware that she was missing at that time so he didn't look suspicious to anyone until days later.

A person can make his/her visit to the hair salon, or barber shop, memorable to the workers. Going in dirty is something stylists and barbers are likely to remember. Maybe going in, and out, and coming back, would be something people would recall?

Right, but once the family found out that evening about her not making curfew and her car being left up at PCR I would imagine that the thought probably crossed his mind that keeping that reciept (if he hadn't already thrown it out) might be a good idea.

Well, I agree he's pretty clean. But, they went together for nearly 2 years, and if they spent a lot of time together at the spec house, it's safe to say that he might have known how to get in. And, if he found out that MC was scoping guys out on the internet or that she was breaking up with him, whose to say he didn't just lose it? I believe he also lives even closer to PC than the boat launch. IDK.........I just think we might be making it more complicated than it is. Why would MC go to Target where he works and then leave without talking to him? Maybe he is the type that is very good and very quiet and always gives in......very passive........until something happens and they just lose control. Maybe he had certain expectations since they had been going together for so long, such as marriage. I know she was young, but she was graduating this year and would have turned 18 in a few weeks. Maybe he just exploded, and greatly regrets it.......but can't undo it. It happens. speculation

ARose, I think you posted a very plausible theory here. Although we don't know if the rumor about Mackenzie going into Target is true, because LE surely haven't mentioned it. Then again, they haven't mentioned a whole lot of anything.

Argghh! I just wish we had more actual facts to go on! :banghead:

Basically, everyone in MC's life, is a suspect until cleared by LE. We don't know who is cleared, and who is not.

Two rumors, I wish I knew if were factual, are MC's sightings, at the car wash, with a passenger, and inside Target.

If the lawsuit was 'frivolous', what significance might it have to the MC case?

SPECULATION:
I 'think' that the implication was that there is always a possibility (among the gazillions of possibilites) that Mackenzie's death could have been a revenge killing. Perhaps by someone who was very unhappy with a home purchased which was built by (one of) her parents. JMO, and all that jazz.

SPECULATION:
I 'think' that the implication was that there is always a possibility (among the gazillions of possibilites) that Mackenzie's death could have been a revenge killing. Perhaps by someone who was very unhappy with a home purchased which was built by (one of) her parents. JMO, and all that jazz.

I wonder what the probability of this being the case is, though. Why not sue the home builder? Or friggin rob them if they were that angry, but murder their daughter?? I cannot see an unhappy customer being so pissed off that they would do this. Has anyone else ever heard of anything similar to this occurring?

SPECULATION:

I know people have killed for less; I hope that she was not killed by someone for something like this. Also, if this is the case, that individual needs to be taken off the street right now. They could be very dangerous if confronted for something as simple as cutting in front of them at the supermarket.

SPECULATION:

Does anyone know if the parties that initiated the lawsuit referenced by Puff have been questioned?

I know people have killed for less; I hope that she was not killed by someone for something like this. Also, if this is the case, that individual needs to be taken off the street right now. They could be very dangerous if confronted for something as simple as cutting in front of them at the supermarket.

I dunno...I still really feel like whoever did this to her, they knew her...very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave