WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know about the spillman theory. But i do know their is alot of people you could tie to spillman. I had a friend who was married to his sister at the time. They questioned him and many others at the time. But who knows.

Interesting. How many sisters does Spillman have? Wasn't JF married to a sister of his at the time of the murders, also?

On the front door of the hair academy, lettering indicates it closes (at least for hair appointments?) at 4:00 pm. Is it unusual to take a break so close (@ 3:00 pm) to closing?

If MC did indeed intend to return, I would expect the break was for to do something timely urgent (such as a brief meeting with someone who could be available only at that time?) and that she expected to not be long away? IF true, then might we expect the murder was premeditated?

It appears those 15 minute breaks were not adhered to. I don't think MC was planning on going back to the Academy. It was just assumed she was going for a coffee, since she did that often. It seems it was no big deal if any of the girl's left and did not return. Just my opinion from what I have read from other's who have knowledge of this.

I find it insane that we cannot find someone that would confirm that she left for the day or was expected back. If her station was clean and she had put the cover on her combs, cleaned her razor…there are a number of signs that would let someone known if she was coming back. At the very least she would have said to someone, “I will be back or see you after while.” Do we know if she was close to anyone at the beauty school? Did she have enemies at beauty school? We may be dealing with the police asking the students to not talk about the case? It is very odd that we do not have someone from the school that can confirm anything.

Not to gripe, but we also have a problem with too much information that cannot be confirmed as a fact. In addition if seems like there is a great deal of information that points to specific people, cannot be confirmed, and are being presented as facts. It is frustrating. We are also dealing with conflicting information, which is a major pain. I also suspect that some of us do not like some of the participants on a personal basis. These issues are not limited to this forum they seem to be imbedded in this case from the family and friends to LE.

I am sorry if I stepped on someone’s toes, but this statement was not directed at anyone specific and I tried to keep it as vague as I could. I just had to make this statement, it has been eating me up inside and hindering me from doing what I joined Websleuths for, to help Mackenzie.

I've posted this before, and will again. And please note that I am very, very careful about naming things as RUMOR and SPECULATION if that is what they are. The following information I heard from a source VERY, VERY close to me.

FACT IMO: MC left for what other students said was a 15 min break to run and get coffee.

I do not know if she told them she was getting coffee or just led them to believe that, such as "I'm going on a coffee break" which can be different than "I am going to Starbucks to get a coffee." But those girls seem to drink a lot of coffee.

FACT IMO: She DID NOT clock out/sign out as if she was through for the day. She did not do anything behavior wise to make people think that she wasn't coming back.

But that doesn't prove that she had plans of coming back.

POSSIBLE: 3:00 pm could've been the first chance she had to take a break. I do not know if she took one earlier in the day.

I heard most of these details from my source the day after she disappeared. I was also told about MC talking on the internet to people from Tacoma, which appears to be accepted fact.

She was a friendly, bright girl who seemed to have her head on her shoulders squarely, according to my source. There are girls who go to school there to appease their parents, or can because they get state assistance. MC was NOT one of those. She had Very close friends there. My source was not one of those, per se, but my source thought a lot of MC and is upset about all of this. I've not been told anything about having enemies. My source Nothing of rape/molestation rumors. She is closer to a friend of MC's than she was to MC, and thinks, again, THINKS she would have heard those rumors. I am sure that some of the students at the school must've been interviewed by LE, but my source was not one of them.

I hope this helps.

del rio,

About the places which appear to have been cleared away, (likely by LE):

Were these places with enough cover/concealment from the above roadway or neighbors, etc, that someone wouldn't be afraid to do something there during daylight hours?

Did you see any blood, or evidence that blood was removed, (soil disturbed/removed)?

After being on that hillside and thinking about more then just carrying ducks back home this time, what do you think of this being a one-man job or one man with wheel-barrow/cart job? Is everything continually downhill?

Let's skip on over to ASSUMPTION land: I keep going back to LE's statement that it appeared the body was "placed" at that particular location. Was it the suspect trying to give MC's body a more upright position so she could look over the river? (Would definitely be a tip to LE that it could be someone who knew and cared for her if "placed" means something like that).

I should think that if that was somebody's skewed thinking...........they would have removed the bag from over her head? JMO

I imagine it would be possible to change the dates of photos posted on Facebook, and/or post someone else's pictures claiming they were yours, but what would be the purpose in this case?

This happened to me not too long ago. Someone took my pictures of a Maui whale watch and put them on his FB page! I had them removed and went to totally private.

How many sisters does Spillman have? Wasn't JF married to a sister of his at the time of the murders, also?

I know that MSF had at least has one sister. Last time I knew she lived in Wenatchee.

I find it insane that we cannot find someone that would confirm that she left for the day or was expected back. If her station was clean and she had put the cover on her combs, cleaned her razor…there are a number of signs that would let someone known if she was coming back. At the very least she would have said to someone, “I will be back or see you after while.” Do we know if she was close to anyone at the beauty school? Did she have enemies at beauty school? We may be dealing with the police asking the students to not talk about the case? It is very odd that we do not have someone from the school that can confirm anything.

Not to gripe, but we also have a problem with too much information that cannot be confirmed as a fact. In addition if seems like there is a great deal of information that points to specific people, cannot be confirmed, and are being presented as facts. It is frustrating. We are also dealing with conflicting information, which is a major pain. I also suspect that some of us do not like some of the participants on a personal basis. These issues are not limited to this forum they seem to be imbedded in this case from the family and friends to LE.

I am sorry if I stepped on someone’s toes, but this statement was not directed at anyone specific and I tried to keep it as vague as I could. I just had to make this statement, it has been eating me up inside and hindering me from doing what I joined Websleuths for, to help Mackenzie.

It is possible that MC didn't have any client's that day and never took her stuff out. If she left for coffee quite a bit, I can see where the instructor's might have assumed she was coming back. If they even paid attention. She did tell some of her friend's there that she was going to meet Tacoma guy, but it isn't clear if she was going to do it that day or that night or at some other time. The impression I got from reading the posts that relate to that is that she was intending on meeting him that day. Her dinner date with her Dad was not a special dinner plan..........just the normal routine of having dinner together at the normal time on the nights that MC stayed with her dad. It is frustrating that we only know bits and pieces, but, it also interesting to note that, many times when someone reports on a rumor, several others will pipe in that they have heard the same thing from sources that are fairly close to this. Perhaps we are the ones keeping LE so busy with their interviews..........? speculation.

FACT IMO: She DID NOT clock out/sign out as if she was through for the day. She did not do anything behavior wise to make people think that she wasn't coming back.

But that doesn't prove that she had plans of coming back.

To me what is important is what normal behavior is for her and the other students?

Does the school actually have a strict policy for different ways of signing out? Are there “15 minute break”, “30 minute lunch”, and “gone for the day” categories that all students adhere to or is it just signing in/out?

If there are different categories, is MC’s Feb 9th behavior an aberration or typical?

Such as:

MC seen, at the car wash, with passenger, in her car
MC seen in Target

I think the above rumors could be factual. I wish I knew for sure, and exactly what time MC was at those places.
:

Again, let me say that my source heard this directly from JV himself. MC walked into Target before he got off work at 4 PM. If she left the Academy at 3:01, I would "guess" that she was at Target in between 3:20 and 4:00.

Reading lots and lots of theories.....
Some are very extravagant. I would suggest that you also remember Occam's razor - "Entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity" - a very fancy was of saying keep it simple, stupid!

Some of the theories truly test my ability to follow with the complexities - perp going here, car going there.

What is the simplest theory you can present? So far, I have read very few and mostly from Del Rio and Puf. I am very interested in seeing what simple theories we may collectively produce.

Okay, back to work.

:

Again, let me say that my source heard this directly from JV himself. MC walked into Target before he got off work at 4 PM. If she left the Academy at 3:01, I would "guess" that she was at Target in between 3:20 and 4:00.

The Target stores have great surveillance...inside and outside. Why would LE not release? That would place MC at a different location at a later time stamp...and possible interaction with other people. Much better than that lame vid from the parking lot.

I think along the same lines. Except i think the stabbing would be before the strangling. I think it takes more skill to kill than any of us know. if he hits her first that didnt work he would then go for his Knife when that doesnt work he would go to the choke. I think the strangulation is the one thing we all know would work. Just my oppinion.

I feel horrible typing this post

Report indicates the stab wound is to the neck ... I can not fathom a perp strangling over a bleeding cut ....

The Target stores have great surveillance...inside and outside. Why would LE not release? That would place MC at a different location at a later time stamp...and possible interaction with other people. Much better than that lame vid from the parking lot.

Perhaps their primary interest is in the boyfriend and they don't want him to know how much they know? If there truly is another crime scene, they are hoping a few folks just might lead them to it? A good poker player knows how to bluff......right?

speculation

I am the one that stirred up the Spillman issue again in a post yesterday. IIRC from what I have read here, JF's second wife was Spillman's sister. IIRC, someone also said here that JF testified during the Spillman trial. Because of the RUMORED brutality and other RUMORED bizarre acts on MC, that prompted me to ask:

Q. Did JF testify for the defense or the prosecution during the Spillman trial?

Q. Are the authorities absolutely sure that Spillman acted alone?

I ask this because sickos usually learn from another sicko don't they, whether they know each other first-hand or not?

IMO, if everybody keeps thinking JF is the likely culprit, it sure takes the heat off of the boyfriend. Since he's such a likeable fella and so squeaky clean, nobody can fathom that he could possibly do such a thing. If he is the perp and he thinks he's safe......he just might slip up.

When I was at CB, I saw a buoy. It was a large buoy, very far off shore and underwater. At first I thought of the buoy that was attached to the truck that went off the bridge several years ago. After additional thought, I think this is only a buoy for tying a boat. If it was an evidence buoy it would have to be attached to something very heavy. It could not simply be pinned into the ground or tied to a rock. It would have to be tied to something very large of the cement block that most likely holds it to the river bottom.

del rio reports the buoy as no longer there ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme