WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
puf, curious .. is the individual seen in any of the photos? Did he post commentary unusually praising (beyond 'great vacation spot', i.e.: 'there's something about this property that just gives me a thrill') of that property?

Yeah, he's in the photos. Just said that he would be spending the summer there. His friends comment that it's a great place to waterski, and there's a photo of him waterskiing, so I'm pretty sure that's why he bought the place. Sad that he never finished paying for it and it was repo'd. Though, with what's now in the history of the place, he might be glad he doesn't own it anymore.

There's nothing extraordinary about the photos. Here are two with no people (out of respect for his privacy), with views you'll recognize:

51971153068314563146331.jpg

51971152377617296146331.jpg

ot puff you do some excellent sleuting on this thread. I just got caught up with the other thread in wa state great sleuthing their too.

Thanks! :) This case and the Smiley/Carver case are so mysterious... you can't help but get drawn in.

Other thoughts ... somewhat graphic:

LE, and I suppose most of us here, suspect the MC murder to be personal in nature.

Let's play it out at a high level ...

Perp's initial rage point: blunt-force, which might not have resulted in immediate death.

Perp proceeds to strangulation now that his victim is fallen and / or moderately incapacitated. Now it's truly hands-on personal.

Perp's satisfaction rises. But, strangulation-to-kill is difficult because MC is young, [assumed] strong and able to struggle to some degree.

Perp's rage intensifies because MC is making it more difficult for him to achieve to an ultimate satisfaction. Now it's not only hands-on. It is frustrating because of the struggle.

Perp proceeds to stab to achieve an ultimate satisfaction. A final rageful thrust, a pain-inflicting intrusion into the body of his victim, to ensure death.

I expect gaps in that overview but I assume the general progression is accurate. I previously posted evidence (other crime descriptions) that indicates that progression of attack is not uncommon ... blunt-force, strangulation, stabbing.

or...

bang to the head... then transport to a secluded location...

hands around neck... she appears to be dead, but he doesn't want to stick around to make sure, so...

knife to the neck... nine pints on the ground. That way he knows that she's truly dead before he leaves.

I live and work in East Wenatchee and have still yet to see a poster??? Does anyone have a print of it that they can post? I have not gone to the Mall to see if there are posters there? And did LE publicly talk of what is on posters or media mention them?
Good Morning.
I am a new "member" but have been following this case on this site for some time.
I am catching up this morning on last nights posts so forgive me if this has been addressed, I have seen these posters around town. The one place I remember is in Wal-Greens at the check out counter.

Thank you all for giving me (and others) a place to get more information. I have stopped reading the comments on the WW site now since WS is so great!

Good Morning.
I am a new "member" but have been following this case on this site for some time.
I am catching up this morning on last nights posts so forgive me if this has been addressed, I have seen these posters around town. The one place I remember is in Wal-Greens at the check out counter.

Thank you all for giving me (and others) a place to get more information. I have stopped reading the comments on the WW site now since WS is so great!

Welcome! :)

Something I have not seen mentioned on here at all. Wonder if folks know that the new "Fuel" bar, supposedly the same owner as the CB pub?? Rumor CB pub owner likes and has young girlfriend.

I thought of of this too! When I mentioned it to a couple people who know the owner, they thought I was crazy. Weird though. Isn't Fuel close to the hair Academy?

Good Morning.

i seen one at western market the other day

Walgren & Western Market on the West side of the river. Have yet to see poster on East side of the river.
Sockmonkey, yes I would beleive that the new bar, "Fuel" owners, workers & patrons would most likely park in the same parking lot as MC had.
Yes maybe crazy but where MC parked and left at CB?, just thinking? Keep at it...off to work.

I wouldn't.
I imagine it would be possible to change the dates of photos posted on Facebook, and/or post someone else's pictures claiming they were yours, but what would be the purpose in this case?

I wouldn't.

I wouldn't either. I spent a lot of time in CB summer '09 - drove past the house (by boat and car) and walked the CB Rd hill past the house often. I never saw a car or anyone at the house-which confused me until I heard it was in foreclosure. Would love to see the pics from the summer.

On the front door of the hair academy, lettering indicates it closes (at least for hair appointments?) at 4:00 pm. Is it unusual to take a break so close (@ 3:00 pm) to closing?

If MC did indeed intend to return, I would expect the break was for to do something timely urgent (such as a brief meeting with someone who could be available only at that time?) and that she expected to not be long away? IF true, then might we expect the murder was premeditated?

Students can stay until 5. MC signed out as if going on a break, but not as if she was clocking out for the day. They were expecting her back.

I thought of of this too! When I mentioned it to a couple people who know the owner, they thought I was crazy. Weird though. Isn't Fuel close to the hair Academy?

I believe they are only 2 doors apart. If I am not mistaken though, isn't Fuel 21 and over?

Has anyone heard when LE is expecting the rest of results from the Lab????

i will speak with my brother he has dove for the spd before. im pretty sure they have to have a boat in the water with them for evidence collecting. as apposed to swimming to shore or walking down stream when evidence is found.
the divers entered from shore, at least when we saw them. we were at crescent bar that weekend.

Del Rio, did you get any other pictures of the clearings? If so can you post?

thx, del rio ...

I saw that 'fixed permanent line' in one of your previous 'shore' pix. I also saw the 'stake' in one of your more recent pix ... and it seems the stake is positioned near where the stream exits the property?

The line did not appear in the recent pic. No line now, so .. no buoy. Ok.

Is it typical in the area to moore a boat far off-shore? I suppose theft isn't a concern.

As for evidence at 100 yards out being 'unlikely', perhaps but I believe it depends on how far out one could wade into the shallow section of river off-shore and how far one could toss an item from that off-shore position, or from a boat or ... inflatable 'raft' mattress ... for that matter.

When I was at CB, I saw a buoy. It was a large buoy, very far off shore and underwater. At first I thought of the buoy that was attached to the truck that went off the bridge several years ago. After additional thought, I think this is only a buoy for tying a boat. If it was an evidence buoy it would have to be attached to something very heavy. It could not simply be pinned into the ground or tied to a rock. It would have to be tied to something very large of the cement block that most likely holds it to the river bottom.

Students can stay until 5. MC signed out as if going on a break, but not as if she was clocking out for the day. They were expecting her back.

I find it insane that we cannot find someone that would confirm that she left for the day or was expected back. If her station was clean and she had put the cover on her combs, cleaned her razor…there are a number of signs that would let someone known if she was coming back. At the very least she would have said to someone, “I will be back or see you after while.” Do we know if she was close to anyone at the beauty school? Did she have enemies at beauty school? We may be dealing with the police asking the students to not talk about the case? It is very odd that we do not have someone from the school that can confirm anything.

Not to gripe, but we also have a problem with too much information that cannot be confirmed as a fact. In addition if seems like there is a great deal of information that points to specific people, cannot be confirmed, and are being presented as facts. It is frustrating. We are also dealing with conflicting information, which is a major pain. I also suspect that some of us do not like some of the participants on a personal basis. These issues are not limited to this forum they seem to be imbedded in this case from the family and friends to LE.

I am sorry if I stepped on someone’s toes, but this statement was not directed at anyone specific and I tried to keep it as vague as I could. I just had to make this statement, it has been eating me up inside and hindering me from doing what I joined Websleuths for, to help Mackenzie.

Whatever became of the burnt suitcase, with burnt clothing, that was laying on the road side?

Not to gripe, but we also have a problem with too much information that cannot be confirmed as a fact.

Such as:

MC seen, at the car wash, with passenger, in her car
MC seen in Target

I think the above rumors could be factual. I wish I knew for sure, and exactly what time MC was at those places.

Have you reported this to the tip line?

Hi, Guys!

Just wanted to share with you something I've been discussing with some of the members here. And that is: posting the personal information of "innocent parties."

In nearly every case, there are people caught up in it or tangental to it who are innocent parties.

I'm thinking of, for example, the landowner where Morgan's body was found in the Morgan Harrington case. The landowner's name was in the media, of course, but he was not involved in the perpetuation of Morgan's murder.

Just because he is associated with the case and his name is public knowledge is no reason for sleuthers to find and post his personal information, such as his address, phone number, marital status or history, a list of his parking tickets, etc.

Yes, this information may be located in public records. But that is not justification for posting here at WS.

Let me assure you, no one did that in Morgan's case. It was simply the first example that popped into my head.

There are persons like that associated or around MC's case too, and our intent at WS is to be decent people and not post all their personal stuff here.

In short, "public information" does not equal "postable at WS."

I hope that explains things.

[I had a migraine yesterday and wasn't online at all. Hope y'all behaved yourselves. :) ]

Thanks,

Hoppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members