WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
del rio, those shells appear to be different colors. Do you think they are both yours?

Del, are those new pics that you've recently taken? What are the charred looking spots, if you know?

Photos were taken March 17.

Which photo are you referring to in regards to the charred spots?

LE seems very confident and optimistic. I bet they have a reason not to worry..

del rio, those shells appear to be different colors. Do you think they are both yours?

Probably. I unloaded 5 or 6 shells on a couple ducks from there, and I used a different size for my second "round". Like all lawabiding duck hunters, the shotgun I was using held only 3 shells. So, when I reloaded, I used different shells (#3 and then #2).

I listen to KPQ every morning from 6:30 am to around 7:30 am. On Monday morning they had someone from LE on a recorded piece (wasn’t awake enough to get a name and exact air time) he stated that they were optimistic about solving the case.
That gives me hope.

RiverCity, here's the quote from KPQ's website

While no arrests have been made to date, Wagg says investigators are very optimistic that the investigation will result in an arrest and conviction.

It's dated with Saturday's date but they probably were replaying the recording when you heard it.

Let's hope Wagg is right.

del rio, Did you explore the clearing a bit more this time? Any new ideas as to what it was all about? Or new ideas about the location of body?

Thanks Liz,, just wish that was not from the 13th!!! old news IMO... I just think we might have a prob here..it's been over 5 weeks??? Time to pray! night for now

Good point! I was thinking along the same lines this morning when Ms. Smiley's fiance and video clips were on Good Morning America making a plea for anyone who saw anything to please report to the authorities. Wonder why media didn't pick the story about MC up that quickly and then it didn't go to the network media until in the last few days when COD was released?! Doesn't that seem odd?

I suspect LE is not releasing other video is because probably there are other people in the video, not like the parking lot video in which only MC appears.

The 'other people' in the unreleased video(s) might be innocent passers-by who have nothing to do with MC and releasing the video might endanger their safety as people watching the video might incorrectly conclude those people murdered MC and might retaliate. moo

Del, what do you mean, "let thecrux know"? :confused:

because evidence like that would help them find out whos been neer the property. If it belonged to the owners or someonelse. not including it if it was as close to mc as some think would be horriable investigating. Does not matter how old it is it should have been collected bad bad le.

It is my understanding that LE told WC not to speak about the case. This was actually stated in the media, and cited in earlier threads.

In addition, it is "rumored" that LE told her RE office/broker she would not be available for a month.

The above can certainly be attributed to keeping the investigation under tight control, and also considering that any grieving parent would likely not return to work in one month.

The other possible reasons...well, it is speculation.

ETA: More accurately, the media reported that WC was told by LE not to speak about the case.

This might have been stated before, I apologize if I missed it ... perhaps LE had reason to believe WC (and family?) were in danger, as they thought the MC murder was a revenge or retaliation killing and that the perp(s) might not stop with MC?

because evidence like that would help them find out whos been neer the property. If it belonged to the owners or someonelse. not including it if it was as close to mc as some think would be horriable investigating. Does not matter how old it is it should have been collected bad bad le.

Oh, I totally agree and have posted saying so. What I didn't understand was why del rio seemed to be telling me to let you know. Guess I missed something!

I critisized one of his posts about it. But if they are in fact their that is very odd for them not to collect.

Wow! The river is really low! I wonder where the water level was on 2/9; 2/10; 2/11; and 2/12.

I wonder if LE requested for the dam operators to lower the level (using dam spillways) so that LE could have better riverbed visibility farther out from shore?

Looks like Hoppy's got a jump-start on the mod-job today! :D

In front of other residences such a buoy may be normal. But there was definitely no buoys in front of the CB property when I was there in November (and, believe me, I would know because I spent a lot of time staring out at the river).

The house has been in foreclosure for several months, and a bank has owned it for over a year now. So, noone has been living in the house for a long time.

If the white buoy was not out there in November, it must of been placed there sometime between then and mid-February. But who would place a buoy in the river during the Fall and Winter? And why? It doesn't make sense. If someone lived at the house, and it was the spring or summer time, then I could understand.

I assumed LE placed the buoy as a diver's evidence marker, perhaps that's where weapons were recovered?

On the other hand, if placed there by a perp to mark the property where a boat should place MC, then I would conclude Cb was specifically targeted for a reason ... so, were there recent potential buyers looking at CB in the days / weeks before the MC incident? Nahhh .....

I believe it was an LE evidence marker, a 'crime scene' boundary marker or a county / jurisdictional marker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required