WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have to ask why there is an overwhelming inclination to provide theories that include only one suspect?

Speculation:

Why not two or three? This would seem to provide options for multiple events to occur simultaneously. Difficult to nail down, as well...

...but then this offers more people to think long and hard about what they have done/assisted in doing/hiding. This may be a mental strain on one conspirator, shall we say a weak link?

As I have no facts to support this, it is purely speculation. JMHO.

Those dogs could have been usefull in answering that question and been able to pick up multiple scents if there were more than one.. had they used them.

Doubtful. The bag del rio had was for collecting ducks and carrying them. I would assume it would be a substantially sturdy cloth bag or something, and would not fade to gray that fast in 4 months.

I thought Del Rio stated that it was just a bag he had in his car and the bag was more of a nusence to him anyway. something like that! I will see if I can find the post.

I quess what I am trying to say is, there had to be a scent other than MC's at her car if she did not put it there herself so who's scent did the dogs not follow past the pavement? It would seem likely to me that the same scent would be on the body and surroundings at CB, so, did they bring the dogs to see if they picked up the same scent? If so did the dogs follow the scent anywhere? say the resort or the camp ground or the condo's ? If the dogs did not pick up the scent anywhere out there other than the crime scene, then did they take the dogs around any of MC's places or people? Say, her mothers home, fathers home, boy friends home, schools, coffee stand, friends etc..??????? Had the dogs picked up a scent in any of those places or persons, it sure would be highly suspicious for that person or persons and a very very good place to start looking !!!! IMO.

Also, If this were some random killer then why would he/she take MC's phone? Why not just leave it in the car? Had to be something on there pretty damning such as a pic, video or text that cannot be retrieved by phone records. too bad they will probably never find it.

I don’t put a lot of faith in the ability of tracking dogs.

For a great example of why look at the Sarah Rodgers thread.

On December 13, 2009 Sarah’s car was found crashed on the northbound median on I-95 in Maine. Multiple times tracking dogs followed her trail to the southbound breakdown lane and stopped.

LE/Searchers all assumed that she got into a southbound car. Last week her body was found in the woods close to her car. She never left the area.

IMO there are many other examples of why tracking dogs are not reliable.

Reading lots and lots of theories.....
Some are very extravagant. I would suggest that you also remember Occam's razor - "Entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity" - a very fancy was of saying keep it simple, stupid!

Some of the theories truly test my ability to follow with the complexities - perp going here, car going there.

What is the simplest theory you can present? So far, I have read very few and mostly from Del Rio and Puf. I am very interested in seeing what simple theories we may collectively produce.

Okay, back to work.

Mine is pretty simple. I believe she was killed by a single perp that she knew, at the CB house, that the car was dumped up PC after she was killed, the perp walked home, and that the perp never revisited the scene. This is based on the very limited info we have at present. People with more complex theories will ask "Well, what about the spec house, the mutilation, ect..." For me, I'm still categorizing all that as rumor.

Del can you help me out here! I cant find the post ( you have so many) about the bag you had in your car for the ducks!

del rio reports the buoy as no longer there ...

There is a buoy. I cannot say if it is the same one that Del saw; the buoy is off shore and currently under water. I took a picture and you can barely see it. I marked it with an arrow.

Attachments

• Buoy.jpg
    Buoy.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 82
I don’t put a lot of faith in the ability of tracking dogs.

For a great example of why look at the Sarah Rodgers thread.

On December 13, 2009 Sarah’s car was found crashed on the northbound median on I-95 in Maine. Multiple times tracking dogs followed her trail to the southbound breakdown lane and stopped.

LE/Searchers all assumed that she got into a southbound car. Last week he body was found in the woods close to her car. She never left the area.

IMO there are many other examples of why tracking dogs are not reliable.

Good to know, thanks! It just seems as though we have nodda into a five week old active murder investigation and one starts to wonder if they have done everything that they could have early on!

There is a buoy. I cannot say if it is the same one that Del saw; the buoy is off shore and currently under water. I took a picture and you can barely see it. I marked it with an arrow.

James, Are we to assume you went to CB today and took a large array of forensic photos for us all to peruse?

James, Are we to assume you went to CB today and took a large array of forensic photos for us all to peruse?

No I did not go up there today, this is one of the pictures I took the other day. Thanks for the complement, I never thought of myself as being forensically thorough.

I don’t doubt that the buoy could have been moved today. But the last time I saw it, it was in place and underwater.

Again, I say, Jv went to stay with a friend for almost 2 weeks after MC's body was discovered. I got this info from that friend, who got it directly from JV
himself. I have to say it was rumor, even though I don't consider it so.

He stayed with his brother and family........I would to if it was me instead of being alone.

Not to get anyone off track but IMO there are a LOT of female disappearances and mysterious deaths going on in WA and OR lately. Seems like there isn't a day now that you don't hear about the status of at least on of theses cases in the news.

Something else I notices while researching Spillman... There sure are a LOT of serial killers with the middle name Lee... what the heck is up with that?

FACT - my daughter and MC discussed her cheating on her boyfriend on New Years in the 2 hours they were together at the Academy before she left and went missing on the 9th. She has been interviewed by LE twice at the academy since and I reported this to the tip line as well.

Does this give you "sluether's" some fuel?

Aslo, speaking of fuel....dragging B from the Fuel in is pretty lame. I realize the connection of two doors down from the academy and the Sandtrap but she was no where near his league.

But just to stir your "sluething" of the "groupies" that hang around B, one "A" just graduated from the academy a few months ago.....

Not to get anyone off track but IMO there are a LOT of female disappearances and mysterious deaths going on in WA and OR lately. Seems like there isn't a day now that you don't hear about the status of at least on of theses cases in the news.

Something else I notices while researching Spillman... There sure are a LOT of serial killers with the middle name Lee... what the heck is up with that?

Yiiikes!!! That's MY middle name...

i have a hard time understanding the reason anyone would want to take the life of a 17 year old girl...this kind of killing happens but is usually sexually motivated....WHY would someone want her dead?

I had a thought about the rumored Target video not being released. Perhaps this video does not contain what LE was hoping someone might see in the released parking lot video...a particular vehicle...what do you think?

I had a thought about the rumored Target video not being released. Perhaps this video does not contain what LE was hoping someone might see in the parking lot video...a particular vehicle...what do you think?

I'm not catching your drift ....

FACT - my daughter and MC discussed her cheating on her boyfriend on New Years in the 2 hours they were together at the Academy before she left and went missing on the 9th. She has been interviewed by LE twice at the academy since and I reported this to the tip line as well.

I didn't want to bring this up but my kids told me within a day or two of her murder that she had a reputation for being a bit "promiscous" however that is not the term they used. The reason this might be complicated is because there could be more than one jilted lover. (Rumor).

Today I had an opportunity to check out the boat launch on the Chelan County side, just down river from RI dam. In my mind (relating to PC) this would have made a much more remote place to dump a body. Good river access, trails and brush everywhere and very few homes compared to CB. By the way, Del, this launch is 1.5 miles (+ or -) due south from the intersection of Colockum Rd and Tarpiscan, where you take a left. It is a primitive launch so you better have 4WD pulling your boat out.

So, it is a fact that MC was at the boat dock, that day.

I wonder if she went to Target before, or after, the boat dock? Does anyone know when MC left the boat dock? I am guessing she went to Target then, the boat dock. And, this part of the scenario, the rumor; if she had a passenger with her, at the car wash, I think he joined up with her at the boat dock.

So guessing...School, Target, Boat Dock, Car Wash.....then ?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro