WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to FBI Unified Crime Report [UCR] 2006 - How are Murder Victims Related to their Killers? Acquaintances 53.4% (GF, BF, Family, Neighbor), Family 23.7% and Strangers 22.9% - SO there could be an approximate 76.7% chance that MC's perpetrator was an acquaintance or family member. In WA State, 8 persons under age 18 were murdered in 2008; according to the UCR.Whether we want to consider this a possibility or not - it is the current data.

I don't think speculation of anyone should be off limits at this moment and would hope that discussion of the possibilities could be a bit more open-minded. Some local posters undoubtedly don't put in key "facts" so as not be identified while the number of forum "guests" continues to outnumber registered discussion participants. All views and angles are important.
Agreed. Anyone can through out theories, and personal opinions are totally welcome. How about we just keep in mind the number 1 TOS listed at the top of this thread by Hoppyfrog. snipped by me.
1) Be a decent human being; Great to through out theories, or judgements of character that may lead to motive, etc. We can do that without throwing people under the bus. MHO

You know there was another red car (honda civic IIRC) that was left up the PC area abandoned, and also on a Tuesday. Could this be as stupid and weird as some guy jacking cars to drive home on Tuesdays? That would explain the additional theft (gas card, credit card and phone). I'm tempted to pour through the mansfield record calls for all Tuesdays.

According to FBI Unified Crime Report [UCR] 2006 - How are Murder Victims Related to their Killers? Acquaintances 53.4% (GF, BF, Family, Neighbor), Family 23.7% and Strangers 22.9% - SO there could be an approximate 76.7% chance that MC's perpetrator was an acquaintance or family member. In WA State, 8 persons under age 18 were murdered in 2008; according to the UCR.Whether we want to consider this a possibility or not - it is the current data.

I don't think speculation of anyone should be off limits at this moment and would hope that discussion of the possibilities could be a bit more open-minded. Some local posters undoubtedly don't put in key "facts" so as not be identified while the number of forum "guests" continues to outnumber registered discussion participants. All views and angles are important.

Let me be clear where I stand, since it's obviously not been.

I don't have a problem with sleuthing adult relatives, acquaintances, associates. Of course that's the first place that the police will look.

I have a problem when suspicion is grounded in subjective rumors, unfounded gossip, and sexism. Just because a woman is career-oriented, asks her friends on her personal facebook for assistance in housing relatives in town for a memorial, and doesn't stay home baking cookies and being what some people's limited view of what a mother is supposed to be...well, all of this doesn't make her a murderer.

I have said time and again that I think WC made a bad choice in men when she hooked up with JF.

However... if you look at my posts from the day I joined WS forward, you'll see that it's not WC that I'm "advocating for," but AGAINST outlandish rumors and disjointed gossip, some of which has been proved to be in error.

No one should be tunnel-visioned in this case. Harping on what a "bad mother" WC was, when there's little if any evidence to support that, doesn't get us anywhere closer to finding out who did this, and might in fact obscure our view of who IS to blame.

Again, I'll say that if people want to post gossip and rumors, that's fine, but they should be prepared for skeptics to respond to those rumors and gossip.

I don't go with the flow, just because the flow is a comfortable place to be. If I see something that I disagree with, I'll say so. I disagree with the nasty comments that have posted about WC, especially because there's nothing that substantiates those nasty comments.

Finally, I'll say that WC is a victim until there's evidence otherwise. I would never want to go through what she's been through. To judge her because she's not behaving (according to the rumors) like each of us would behave is wrong, because, to my knowledge, none of us have lost a daughter to murder.

Where is the same scrutiny of Reid Cowell? If he had a FB page, and had asked for help putting up some visiting family members, would there be the same criticism? Should we start sleuthing SF so that we can find something to pin on RC for being a bad father?

The above are rhetorical questions... I'm through discussing my skepticism of some of the rumors in this thread. But I'm not done being skeptical of some of the rumors in this thread.

so hotmadre, how are "being a decent human being" and talking about WC in conflict, when FBI FACTS (not throwing out theories) state that Family members are more likely to be the murderer than strangers. I think that anyone that is spending time on this site for this cause is probably a decent human being. I think it is offensive to allude otherwise.

ginnii345: Just a quick heads up to you and any other newbies on board here ... we are not permitted to discuss the posts from the Forensic Astrology Forum on this thread. I would recommend IF anybody has, to go ahead and edit your post(s), so we don't upset the moderator(s) and cause extra editing/deleting by them. Just thought I'd share so you don't get timed out! :)

Was not aware that I had discussed anything from that thread. Please clarify.

Let me be clear where I stand, since it's obviously not been.

I don't have a problem with sleuthing adult relatives, acquaintances, associates. Of course that's the first place that the police will look.

I have a problem when suspicion is grounded in subjective rumors, unfounded gossip, and sexism. Just because a woman is career-oriented, asks her friends on her personal facebook for assistance in housing relatives in town for a memorial, and doesn't stay home baking cookies and being what some people's limited view of what a mother is supposed to be...well, all of this doesn't make her a murderer.

I have said time and again that I think WC made a bad choice in men when she hooked up with JF.

However... if you look at my posts from the day I joined WS forward, you'll see that it's not WC that I'm "advocating for," but AGAINST outlandish rumors and disjointed gossip, some of which has been proved to be in error.

No one should be tunnel-visioned in this case. Harping on what a "bad mother" WC was, when there's little if any evidence to support that, doesn't get us anywhere closer to finding out who did this, and might in fact obscure our view of who IS to blame.

Again, I'll say that if people want to post gossip and rumors, that's fine, but they should be prepared for skeptics to respond to those rumors and gossip.

I don't go with the flow, just because the flow is a comfortable place to be. If I see something that I disagree with, I'll say so. I disagree with the nasty comments that have posted about WC, especially because there's nothing that substantiates those nasty comments.

Finally, I'll say that WC is a victim until there's evidence otherwise. I would never want to go through what she's been through. To judge her because she's not behaving (according to the rumors) like each of us would behave is wrong, because, to my knowledge, none of us have lost a daughter to murder.

Where is the same scrutiny of Reid Cowell? If he had a FB page, and had asked for help putting up some visiting family members, would there be the same criticism? Should we start sleuthing SF so that we can find something to pin on RC for being a bad father?

The above are rhetorical questions... I'm through discussing my skepticism of some of the rumors in this thread. But I'm not done being skeptical of some of the rumors in this thread.

The tone of this is not argumentative but instead sincerely voiced back to you----

I suspect WC not because she is a woman or because she is career oriented. That was brought up by you when you said that she is an object of jealousy by Wenatchee women. I suspect WC instead because she is one of the few people I can think of who might have significant anger towards MC, who knows about the schedules of various vacant homes due to her job, and who is in a relationship with someone who might coerce her into taking actions that are not in her normal nature. She fits in the puzzle as a possible suspect but I never thought so because of her gender.
------It is important to note that I support you speaking up for human decency and watching for anti-woman bias------thankyou. But that was not why I have been questioning WC's involvement. I do agree that bashing her for asking for help or for the way she is grieving IS VERY DESTRUCTIVE for all of us to read.

asks her friends on her personal facebook for assistance in housing relatives in town for a memorial, (snipped)

FYI I just attempted to look at the Facebook page and could not find it. I think it has been removed.

I wish I knew what type of clothing was in the suitcase. About how many miles from where the suitcase was found...is the PC Rd.area where MC's car was parked?

It looks like primo-beer drinking country. I think that's a cultural universal... teens head to rural areas to drink beer and make merry mahem. :D

The problem that I have with this theory is that her car was reported as being out of place very quickly.

If the neighbors called in a suspicious car quickly don’t you think they would have called in parties with alcohol and bonfires?

so hotmadre, how are "being a decent human being" and talking about WC in conflict, when FBI FACTS (not throwing out theories) state that Family members are more likely to be the murderer than strangers. I think that anyone that is spending time on this site for this cause is probably a decent human being. I think it is offensive to allude otherwise.

I agree about the FBI facts you posted...I was commenting on the entire thread, not your individual post. It is statements like this: snipped by me,

" WC had been telling anyone that would listen how poor and broke she was. the realtors decided to have an open house in hopes of selling WC spec that had set empty for two years and help her out..yes financially."

I am sure out of the kindness of their hearts, to attempt to help during a horrific and terrible time for W.C.

"WC has been milking this whole drama financially and attention wise. Every since the first day MC went missing. Grieving mom or Drama Queen??"

"Milking this whole drama?" Her CHILD was MURDERED!

Slinging opinions that are total speculation, and slanderous, especially in the case of the victim's mother, I think at times have gotten a little vicious. That is what I am speaking up about. I don't care if people try and figure out her involvement. Personally, I think she is not, but people are entitled to their opinion. I just plea that people "be decent", because if they are wrong, and family of the victim are reading this, then they are biting words.

Lack of info is killing this thread, which should be expected. Fences are going up and sides are being taken. In my professional opinion LE is blowing this one to pieces (sorry boys)

having no information is what is making us all feel frustrated!

hotmadre- are you good friends with WC? You just seem to know a lot of information about her. Just curious.

I think we were hotter and on more relevant things when we were talking about various 911 reports that could be related, physical sightings by fellow WS'ers, internet searches, etc.

I just wanted to say that I've not been wanting to come to WS and read anymore because lately, when I do, over half of what I read is arguing and "Drama". Where has our focus gone?! It sure isnt on MC anymore!!! I thought we were all here for one reason and one reason only!! To help solve to hideous crime that has occurred in our community, and against such an innocent beautiful young woman!

Common, we are all adults! Lets get our acts together!

My mom always told me, if you have nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all!

Respectfully, this is real life. WC had a daughter. She was murdered. It is horrible. WC is a mom. I feel some serious compassion. And no, I do not know her. Had never heard of her until reading her name in stories regarding MC missing and death.

And above all, if this crime has anything to do with him, the weight of her bad choice must be tremendous.

I agree- she is innocent until proven guilty, as is everyone right now since LE has not come forth with anything pointing or proving otherwise. Since she is innocent at this time, bearing the horrible pain of losing her daughter and likely knowing things about this crime no one here is privy to, I'm certainly inclined to steer clear of commenting negatively about her.

Finally, I will say, I have heard comments in the community about WC that have been less than flattering. They all came from other professional women and most of the things they have spoken out about regarding WC could easily have been about any number of professional folks of both genders. A sad side affect of having a tragedy that is public is the opening of ones life to questioning of actions and choices that would otherwise be left alone and never noticed.

Just my thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member