WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ug, THAT is frustrating.

Unless the LE source is assigned to the case, I wouldn't expect them to say any different. I am best friends with a Chelan Co. Sheriff who is detective (not assigned to this case). He doesn't know jack, or he is being extremely tight-lipped about it. And for what its worth, he said he figured they're probably getting close to naming a suspect. So, there you have it: 2 LE, 2 different stories. We have no new info...

JUST MY OPINION

I feel like I need to jump in here and share my thoughts on this whole gang theory.

First off, I don't know quite how to say this, so I'll just say it... these local gangs (BLP, SSL, BC, CST etc..) are a joke. I mean, seriously. I know, and know of a bunch of these guys and they're really all either stupid young kids, or older people who used to be stupid young kids. Although there have been shootings and stuff like that, stabbing and murdering a girl and leaving her body next to the river, and driving her car up to PC or whatever, is HIGHLY unlikely, in MY opinion.

MS-13, is not in Wenatchee. I know this for a fact. I've heard of a couple Salvadorean kids who claimed to be from MS, and tagged a couple of buildings with it, but that's it. It's pretty well known that young Salvadorean gangster wanna-be's think of MS as a bunch of heroes or something and will "claim" them, even if they really have nothing to do with MS.

If there was any gang involvement, it had to have been a gang from out of town (Tacoma? Spokane? Possibly Los Angeles?). However, I don't see the connection. I respect and enjoy everyone's opinion, and in no way am I trying to start any arguments or trying to be rude. It's just my opinion.

I agree and I also don't think we should get too excited about the letters SLM because we don't know for sure if those are the letters and we also don't know if LE put them there. I wish there was a way for us to find out for sure. Any ideas?

I am really starting to lose hope... It really doesn't have much to do with my lack of faith in our local LE. I am starting to think that the reason they cannot nail this person is because all the DNA they found (if any) was from people she was close to. Therefore they have to prove the DNA if from her actual death. I have also thought about the fact that even if JF says "yeah I was with MC the day of her disappearance but I didn't kill her". I also believe if he has admitted to some sort of a relationship with MC the family would have pressed charges. I dont know anymore... I really hope this doesn't turn into a cold case :(

I am more inclided to think that they have possibly obtained statements to his bank account? OR if he was going to get a hair cut to provide an alibi maybe he offered up this receipt.

This is probably a stupid question, but would they obtain bank accounts on people unless they were strongly suspicious or is it a standard procedure type of thing during an investigation? I'm surprised he'd still have his receipt, depending on when he may have been asked for it, unless he thought he may need it later. It would be nice if we heard something today (as mentioned by Tuba of it being likely)!

Richard and Anne Hess v. Cowell Custom Homes Inc., CBIC

On Aug. 28 plaintiffs Richard and Anne Hess filed a complaint against defendants Cowell Custom Homes Inc. alleging poor workmanship, unfinished construction and breach of contract concerning a custom home at Bear Mountain Ranch.

During calendar year 2007 the two parties entered into a contract for construction of a custom home. Work on the home progressed until the end of 2008 at which time the plaintiffs moved into the home.

In addition to material defects and unfinished construction elements, plaintiff alleges defendants did not pay all subcontractors resulting in a lien filed against the property by a subcontractor.

The Hesses also stated that Cowell Custom Homes representatives made material misrepresentations to the Chelan County building Inspector, lender Banner Bank, and asked for additional monies above and beyond the contract before additional work would be completed.

The Hesses are asking for damages to be determined by the court, and reasonable attorney’s fees.

Attorney for plaintiff is Robert S. Morse. No response filed.

Clarification: Not that Cowell

Wendy D. Cowell of Custom Homes by Wendy Inc. and Century 21 Exclusively is not associated in any way with Cowell Custom Homes Inc., the company listed as the defendant in a lawsuit filed in Chelan County Superior Court by Richard and Anne Hess.

http://wbjtoday.com/blog/commercial-lawsuits-published-october-2009/1360/

On Aug. 28 plaintiffs Richard and Anne Hess filed a complaint against defendants Cowell Custom Homes Inc. alleging poor workmanship, unfinished construction and breach of contract concerning a custom home at Bear Mountain Ranch.

During calendar year 2007 the two parties entered into a contract for construction of a custom home. Work on the home progressed until the end of 2008 at which time the plaintiffs moved into the home.

In addition to material defects and unfinished construction elements, plaintiff alleges defendants did not pay all subcontractors resulting in a lien filed against the property by a subcontractor.

The Hesses also stated that Cowell Custom Homes representatives made material misrepresentations to the Chelan County building Inspector, lender Banner Bank, and asked for additional monies above and beyond the contract before additional work would be completed.

The Hesses are asking for damages to be determined by the court, and reasonable attorney’s fees.

Wendy D. Cowell of Custom Homes by Wendy Inc. and Century 21 Exclusively is not associated in any way with Cowell Custom Homes Inc., the company listed as the defendant in a lawsuit filed in Chelan County Superior Court by Richard and Anne Hess.

Why are you posting this if it has nothing to do with this case?

~respectfully snipped

Isn't this particular Cowell a Chelan WA builder? Seems we discussed this and they were related to RC. Also, wasn't the Chelan WA builder the place that had an alarm go off the night of the disapperance? Or realted some way...

The comment of 'not associated in any way with Cowell Custom Homes' is a stretch. This is RC's business and she was married to him at one time.

Attachments

• Bear Mtn Homes.pdf
    27.6 KB · Views: 45

VERY interesting. Whether WC was still connected to this company at the time the lawsuit was filed would be more interseting. The second I mentioned this case to my husband (weeks ago) his first response was "Well, maybe it's someone who's upset with work she has done....REALLY upset." I'm not pointing fingers at these people, but it's always a possibility.

As far as JF and his haircut is concerned, did anyone consider that maybe he kept it because he realized that, as the bf of a mother who's daughter is suddenly missing, he might need to provide alibi for that day? I mean...c'mon, he must've known he'd be one of the first people that LE would look at if foul play was discovered. Which in this case, it was and he is.

All of the above is speculation.

Unless the a LE source is assigned to the case, I wouldn't expect them to say any different. I am best friends with a Chelan Co. Sheriff who is detective (not assigned to this case). He doesn't know jack, or he is being extremely tight-lipped about it. And for what its worth, he said he figured they're probably getting close to naming a suspect. So, there you have it: 2 LE, 2 different stories. We have no new info...

I was told by someone that attended one of the meetings, that LE has had several meeting regarding leaks and this case; all LE’s were told to keep their mouths shut and to not talk about the case with anyone. He said that when it looks like information has leaked, they have another meeting. That was all he said about the case and would not comment on any of my questions; my questions were limited out of respect to him. I will have to say he did a wonderful job not talking about the case.

The comment of 'not associated in any way with Cowell Custom Homes' is a stretch. This is RC's business and she was married to him at one time.

She was not an owner of Cowell Custom Homes. This suit was filed in 2009, and she had been long divorced from him in 2009.

VERY interesting. Whether WC was still connected to this company at the time the lawsuit was filed would be more interseting. The second I mentioned this case to my husband (weeks ago) his first response was "Well, maybe it's someone who's upset with work she has done....REALLY upset." I'm not pointing fingers at these people, but it's always a possibility.

As far as JF and his haircut is concerned, did anyone consider that maybe he kept it because he realized that, as the bf of a mother who's daughter is suddenly missing, he might need to provide alibi for that day? I mean...c'mon, he must've known he'd be one of the first people that LE would look at if foul play was discovered. Which in this case, it was and he is.

All of the above is speculation.

I've thought that, too, about retaliation by someone angered with one of the parents. Especially since there wasn't a sexual component to the crime.

Because there was no sexual assault (as far as we know), it is plausible that it's a revenge killing. Against whom, for what reason, dunno. Could be revenge against MC herself. Or her parents. Or her brothers. Or her associates.

I was sure JF was involved but the SSL tag at Stemilt has me considering a gang again

If you look close at the call listing it says Stemilt and Clear Lake. Clear Lake is a known hang-out for teens. The gangs would tag all along the road to mark their territory.

Speculation: I have a new theory.

MC's car up PC was driven there by some young male that found MC's car unlocked and abandoned with her keys in the ignition and purse in the car. He drives it up PC, takes the gas and credit card out of the purse, locks the car with keys in the ignition, and walks home from there. That would explain the things that seem to be petty theft and the odd thing of her car being up PC. It would also explain why the dogs could not track her up PC, if that in fact was the case. Just throwing a new idea out there.

I wonder if he had the phone and shut it off or took out the battery from the location of the beauty salon? That might have sent LE to look there instead of a receipt and they found the receipt after the fact. It would be a good alibi, like someone said, lots of witnesses around. But to meet her at 3:40 and be at the beauty salon before 6 is pushing it if he also transported her to CB and ditched the car at PC. I wonder if he had help or if he placed her body somewhere (spec house) and then moved her later that evening. (speculation). The poster did say he was very dirty.

He may have already had someone else moving the car for him. The body could have been placed later that night or just before he came in.

I've thought that, too, about retaliation by someone angered with one of the parents. Especially since there wasn't a sexual component to the crime.

Because there was no sexual assault (as far as we know), it is plausible that it's a revenge killing. Against whom, for what reason, dunno. Could be revenge against MC herself. Or her parents. Or her brothers. Or her associates.

Puf, In regards to this case you have mentioned, what does "Order Of Dismissal With Prejudice," mean?

This is RC's business. It is co-owned with his father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dylan O' Cone