WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Miss Maple, I don't mind.

I find myself in tears reading this, though. It's been many years since I've cried for my brother, although I do get sad around certain dates on the calendar.

As the mother of an 18 year old daughter who is about to graduate, I think I weep for WC who won't get to experience that milestone with her only daughter -- the baby of the family.

I've never believed that WC had any thing to do with this. I hope this turns out to be true.

So sorry for your pain. ((hug))

Was just wondering ......Do you have to leave after posting 50 times?? Im new here but I do live here and have been following this since it happened.I also heard a drywall knife was one of the tools.

Welcome! No, you don't have to leave after 50 posts. Once you're here, you're here.

You do get some new gadgets when you hit 50 posts, like the ability to send private messages.

I'm pretty new, myself, but just wanted to say that we've got a pretty good group in the Mackenzie thread. I've come to think of everyone as my "family" that I must check in with at least once a day. haha.

So, again, from a relative noob, welcome to this place. Any more questions, just ask!

RANT: I want to see a suspect or POI! I want to see an arrest here!

Come on LE ..... give us something!

Salem

The most aggravating thing for me--and I'm sure everyone else--is going to google news, searching "Mackenzie Cowell," and getting the same ol' links we've read 100 times. Need some movement!

Not to be too superstitious, but two weeks ago we were wondering about the lack of substantive articles at WW about the case, and the next day the news broke about the COD.

So, it's been a couple weeks since there has been substantive news at WW about the case. Here's hoping for some breaking news tomorrow (today)!

(OK, maybe that's a little superstitious, but I hope it works.)

Was just wondering ......Do you have to leave after posting 50 times?? Im new here but I do live here and have been following this since it happened.I also heard a drywall knife was one of the tools.

:Welcome-12-june: Have you heard any other rumors?

I have lived in the Leavenworth area for 20yrs. I drive back and forth to Wenatchee at the least once a day (different times of the day). There has never been that many LE vehicles during their ticket stops. And no...the tourists are not flocking over that much yet. IMO They were checking something out. Even if it had nothing to do with MC.

That's the thing about the state patrol spotting from the air -- none of the ground units need, nor do they want to be setup where you would see them. Only those in the act of writing a ticket or driving back around to set back up are visible. If you've seen two LE units with folks pulled over, you could have two more units driving back around and at least one already setup and waiting for the pilot to call out the next speeder - that would make 5 ground units busy. Generally one of them ends up making an arrest meaning they might want even more ground units when they start. So, with enough traffic the pilot can keep 8 ground units busy.

But, as you say, without the tourists flocking over yet and the earlier time of day when the coasties haven't started arriving, that many LE units does sound like some kind of warrant service happened up that way today.

Leaving the car at PC, might have been a random place, for Killer to park. Being in the opposite direction of CB, this maybe was to confuse the family and LE.
Or, if Killer knows the H's, then he maybe trying to direct the blame on someone, in that family.

The above is just a guess.....maybe rumor, too.

So while waiting for things to shake loose on MC's case, I have been looking at other open cases in WA on WS. For those of you who may have been following the Nancy Moyer and Lindsey Baum cases, a scary person with initials ww (44) keeps coming up. He has lived in many places in WA, often close to people disappearing. He also fishes the Columbia and has property in Tonasket. Weren't JF (41) and Spillman (41) also from Tonasket? Could these three people have grown up together at some stage in their lives?

I follow those cases, and WW is mentioned quite a bit in at least the LB case threads ... but not because of what local LE has released, therefore, it's all speculation. Interesting, but still, speculation.

I follow those cases, and WW is mentioned quite a bit in at least the LB case threads ... but not because of what local LE has released, therefore, it's all speculation. Interesting, but still, speculation.

What I would give to be a fly on the wall listening to what LE is profiling and their serious POI is...but then I would be a fly and that would suck.:twocents:

That's the thing about the state patrol spotting from the air -- none of the ground units need, nor do they want to be setup where you would see them. Only those in the act of writing a ticket or driving back around to set back up are visible. If you've seen two LE units with folks pulled over, you could have two more units driving back around and at least one already setup and waiting for the pilot to call out the next speeder - that would make 5 ground units busy. Generally one of them ends up making an arrest meaning they might want even more ground units when they start. So, with enough traffic the pilot can keep 8 ground units busy.

But, as you say, without the tourists flocking over yet and the earlier time of day when the coasties haven't started arriving, that many LE units does sound like some kind of warrant service happened up that way today.

Why would CCSO be working the highway when that is WSPs jurisdiction? Also, CCSO probably has a dozen patrol unit (or so) on duty at one time, so having more than 6 in one place would seem significant to me. Who knows...

Miss Maple,
Can you tell us exactly how many children JF has? I mean no disrespect to the family and I certaintly am not pointing the finger at him. With that said, in looking at JF's marriages the first one in 1989 to 1992 there is a parenting plan involved. There would be a child roughly the age of 19 to 21ish. ( I gathered this info on Washington state digital archives and courts.wa.gov.) can you confirm and if so do you know if this child went to school here? thanks

I heard the rumor about the restraining order too, but there is no restraining order or protection order on record (fact - I looked).

I can't imagine a mother setting such a bad example for her kids. I'm NOT judging her because I don't know her and I wouldn't wish this situation on anyone!!! No family deserves this horrendous pain. But I feel so bad if she was so insecure to let someone like him into the lives of her kids - even if he is not the killer. I don't know how long they've been together, but he's still married and has a small child and a baby under a year old! :twocents:
I would just like to say something in regard to this...

I do not know any of the people involved so I am not defending them. But I know of a similar situation where a married man is living with another woman for several years and sometimes there are reasons for things like this. In the situation I know of, the man is a great guy. He gives most his money to his wife and kids so they can live a good life. The "other" woman is a great gal too. She is a wonderful mom and her kids love the boyfriend. I have been told the wife will not grant him a divorce and his older daughter is fighting him on that as well. The man is in a tug a war due to his love for his children and for the new woman.

Maybe that was too much information and way off course from this subject but I just don't want people bad mouthing WC for living with and loving this man. The only person we know everything about is ourselves.

I would just like to say something in regard to this...

I do not know any of the people involved so I am not defending them. But I know of a similar situation where a married man is living with another woman for several years and sometimes there are reasons for things like this. In the situation I know of, the man is a great guy. He gives most his money to his wife and kids so they can live a good life. The "other" woman is a great gal too. She is a wonderful mom and her kids love the boyfriend. I have been told the wife will not grant him a divorce and his older daughter is fighting him on that as well. The man is in a tug a war due to his love for his children and for the new woman.

Maybe that was too much information and way off course from this subject but I just don't want people bad mouthing WC for living with and loving this man. The only person we know everything about is ourselves.

Did someone on this post tel us she was no longer with him, (JF) but was indeed with another man??

Question: Has the initials LC come up as a possible Perp?

Happy to see the Seattle news at 10 pm mentioned a fundraiser and birthday celebration for MC tomorrow night. Anything to keep reminding people about this tragedy is great, IMO.

Also, I don't know if they are a WS "competitor" but there is some interesting new data/theories on the MC thread at www.helpfindthemissing.org.
How come when I type in MC's name nothing comes up on this site?

Miss Maple,
Can you tell us exactly how many children JF has? I mean no disrespect to the family and I certaintly am not pointing the finger at him. With that said, in looking at JF's marriages the first one in 1989 to 1992 there is a parenting plan involved. There would be a child roughly the age of 19 to 21ish. ( I gathered this info on Washington state digital archives and courts.wa.gov.) can you confirm and if so do you know if this child went to school here? thanks

I would prefer not to answer this because I don't know how the family would feel about this information being discussed, but for the sake of squashing any rumors or speculation that may come from it I will. Jf did have another child...but she died from Leukemia at a very, very young age :(

So to answer your question, he only has 2 children.

Thank you Miss Maple, that is very sad it must have been very hard for them.

Did someone on this post tel us she was no longer with him, (JF) but was indeed with another man??

I don't know if she is still with JF, but I did hear she was dating another man with the initials GC. First name is also the first name of our first president and the last name is a very deep lake in California, but not Lake Tahoe. (rumor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme