WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DOC disciplinary hold... doesn't that mean he did something somewhere else? Did you see yesterday that there was an AR (female) in the jail? I wonder if she is related?

DOC hold means he violated conditions of his probation. like a dirty ua or something.

MC's boyfriend, JV, is a very nice guy. I've talked to him and he is so devastated and I can tell he just feels so lost and in the dark about so much. He says that he wants nothing more than for her killer to be found and he appreciates all of us.

That has to especially tough for a young person...having to deal with all the rumors. Trying to make some sense of it all and wondering if you could relive that day over...but differently.

DOC hold means he violated conditions of his probation. like a dirty ua or something.

I just posted the acronym link and you use ua...you stumped me. What is a ua? (I will probably figure it out right after I post too)!

MC's boyfriend, JV, is a very nice guy. I've talked to him and he is so devastated and I can tell he just feels so lost and in the dark about so much. He says that he wants nothing more than for her killer to be found and he appreciates all of us.

ETA: he was happy to hear about the person who saw him at Target and said he was nice. He said he has heard a lot of untrue rumors about himself, such as gang affiliation which is completely unsubstantiated.

My opinion about JV.

The idea that he could be in a gang just doesn't float. The kid excelled in sports and academics in high school, then got a scholarship to college. No tattoos, no gang hand signs, no indication at all that he could be involved in a gang. In all the research I've done on him, he doesn't use vulgar or profane language, doesn't behave like a horndog...Seems like the kind of kid I'd want my daughter to date, actually.

That has to especially tough for a young person...having to deal with all the rumors. Trying to make some sense of it all and wondering if you could relive that day over...but differently.

I could only imagine what I'd feel like. I definitely would be thinking "what if I made plans with her," "why didn't I say I love you more often?" etc. It is just so life-changing.

My opinion about JV.

The idea that he could be in a gang just doesn't float. The kid excelled in sports and academics in high school, then got a scholarship to college. No tattoos, no gang hand signs, no indication at all that he could be involved in a gang. In all the research I've done on him, he doesn't use vulgar or profane language, doesn't behave like a horndog...Seems like the kind of kid I'd want my daughter to date, actually.

Exactly. I can't imagine the gang thing being too bad a rumor but it is sad when it almost becomes a racial thing and is assumed. We are all the same, regardless of race.

I am having trouble with WC's new alleged bf. I know the first name but can't figure out the last. Same as a lake in CA but rhymes with orange?

I am having trouble with WC's new alleged bf. I know the first name but can't figure out the last. Same as a lake in CA but rhymes with orange?

That was Paul R trying to be funny. Nothing rhymes with orange. We think the person got the state wrong for a deep lake in California. Someone asked if it was a deep lake in Oregon. I never saw the response to that, so I posted the question does the last name rhyme with tater (or greater)? I still have not got an answer to that one either.

Exactly. I can't imagine the gang thing being too bad a rumor but it is sad when it almost becomes a racial thing and is assumed. We are all the same, regardless of race.

I agree! Definitely a racial thing at play here.

Just like in the Haleigh case. Seems like all the evidence so far points to Cummings and the Croslin clan. But people will grab to say that Haleigh's disappearance was due to a Mexican gang's retribution.

There's low-class trash in all races. Look at the Anthonys. White suburban low-class trash (IMO).

Tacoma guy:

BC.

MC's comment on his facebook photo was "mmmm u look good! :) sorry for everything."

Guys... glad you got a chuckle over the batsh*t crazy thing... haha.

Others to possibly add to the timeline:

The guy who was arrested when Mackenzie was 14 for statutory rape... if someone could post his initials and the facts of that case, I'll add it.

And the photographer, because he's really inserted himself into this case... not that he's a suspect, but just the fact that he held the dance and seems to be really involved in the case, even though no one from MC's family ever says anything to him, like "Thanks for the dance" or anything on his FB.

Also, I suppose we can add KMA and DFD who post a lot of rumors on their fb, none of which have proved to be true yet.

We can add adults to the Who's Who, but we can't add minors. If the adults are involved in a non-fact-based way, let's add them but make it clear that they're involved in the rumor mill.

Puf

MC was raped (twice) when she was 12, not 14. The guy was 17 and the charge was plead down two degrees because no one bothered to show up in court. The guy only did 52 days in jail. In other states this could have been a life sentence. If this guy turns out to be the perp, it will be a sad comment on the complacent attitudes about statutory rape.

JL may be a good guy but he is way too into female minors IMO.

Ever heard of WW in the Lindsey Baum and Nancy Moyer cases? He resides in the Olympia area, but has property in Tonasket and knows the river (a fisherman). His job also would give him knowledge of many areas. Just throwing it out there. On other web sites someone documented that his multiple previous addresses are oddly close to many disappearances.

That was Paul R trying to be funny. Nothing rhymes with orange. We think the person got the state wrong for a deep lake in California. Someone asked if it was a deep lake in Oregon. I never saw the response to that, so I posted the question does the last name rhyme with tater (or greater)? I still have not got an answer to that one either.

I was thinking nothing rhymes with orange so what is going on. Not quite all here tonight. Drove to OR and back to get my granddaughter today.

There is nothing racist about talking about gangs. In the 60's and 70's most gangs were white. Gangs define themselves by violence, often against innocent people. We are talking about violence against an innocent person here, so including gangs in the list of plausible suspects is normal and no apology is needed IMO.

I agree! Definitely a racial thing at play here.

Just like in the Haleigh case. Seems like all the evidence so far points to Cummings and the Croslin clan. But people will grab to say that Haleigh's disappearance was due to a Mexican gang's retribution.

There's low-class trash in all races. Look at the Anthonys. White suburban low-class trash (IMO).

Just to be clear----when I consider my hypothesis #2 of gangs I don't consider him (JV) in any way and I am confused about the racial mention above?? If JV is Hispanic then I was not aware of that-----so at least from my end of the world I was considering gang violence as a possibility not because of any person or their race but because of the methods used for MC's death and coincidental events like the gang tag up in Stemilt. I recognize that I am not the only one bringing up gangs as a possibility---but I wanted to set the record straight on my posts at least.

Puf

MC was raped (twice) when she was 12, not 14. The guy was 17 and the charge was plead down two degrees because no one bothered to show up in court. The guy only did 52 days in jail. In other states this could have been a life sentence. If this guy turns out to be the perp, it will be a sad comment on the complacent attitudes about statutory rape.

JL may be a good guy but he is way too into female minors IMO.

Ever heard of WW in the Lindsey Baum and Nancy Moyer cases? He resides in the Olympia area, but has property in Tonasket and knows the river (a fisherman). His job also would give him knowledge of many areas. Just throwing it out there. On other web sites someone documented that his multiple previous addresses are oddly close to many disappearances.

I was gone for 10 days----who is "JL"?

if you want to recognize him by picture look for his facbook pic as a cake, it used to be balloons from the memorial. he also has a myspace account. JL photography & video
seems like a good guy... works at the hospital as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyShakes