WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THe clerks parents were driving on the highway and they clerks parents were friends with WC and RC when they were together.

Thanks sockmonkey. And do you think they meant the Fred Meyer in Wenatchee, or East Wenatchee?

erok, I do not believe we are supposed to list the full name of LC here as he has not been named a suspect/POI.

IMHO we should not be listing anything on his family either. I have just come to know that someone in that family is a very close friend of mine and I mean in every sense (face-to-face) close. The father had absolutely nothing to do with this and neither does the grandpa.

Snipped from Salem page 1 TOS.
Do not drag any innocent persons--such as JF's relatives--into this discussion, and certainly do not post personal information (names, addresses, phone numbers, etc) of innocent parties.

Sorry if this is a re-post..
In case you missed it, WC posted a comment to the MC Facebook site yesterday:
"To my darling daughter...I wrote on your other wall...but since I can't talk to you...maybe you are ready this one first? I miss you so much! My heart is still so broken and empty. They had a great turnout at the dance! Dance Creations did an excellent job in your honor, but I'm sure you saw that and are just saying "I know mom!" I miss you telling me that. I am going to go over to be with your boys on your birthday and Easter...you know how important holidays especially those two were to me...I know you will join us with the warmth of your smile. Please give Tasha a hug from us...I love you! I can't wait to see you again! xoxo"

IMHO we should not be listing anything on his family either. I have just come to know that someone in that family is a very close friend of mine and I mean in every sense (face-to-face) close. The father had absolutely nothing to do with this and neither does the grandpa.

Snipped from Salem page 1 TOS.
Do not drag any innocent persons--such as JF's relatives--into this discussion, and certainly do not post personal information (names, addresses, phone numbers, etc) of innocent parties.

I agree that innocent persons should not be identified by name but isn't JF innocent also at this point? Everyone is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. When the conversation was focused on the H family where the car was found, nobody objected to that.

"To my darling daughter...I wrote on your other wall...but since I can't talk to you...maybe you are ready this one first? I miss you so much! My heart is still so broken and empty. They had a great turnout at the dance! Dance Creations did an excellent job in your honor, but I'm sure you saw that and are just saying "I know mom!" I miss you telling me that. I am going to go over to be with your boys on your birthday and Easter...you know how important holidays especially those two were to me...I know you will join us with the warmth of your smile. Please give Tasha a hug from us...I love you! I can't wait to see you again! xoxo"
Thank you for sharing this erok.
This just tugs at my heart!

I pray for this monster or monsters to be caught soon!!

I agree that innocent persons should not be identified by name but isn't JF innocent also at this point? Everyone is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. When the conversation was focused on the H family where the car was found, nobody objected to that.

I believe the hurd family was brought in because her car was found on their property. I did not see anything like what is being said about LC's family on here. His father and grandfather have absolutely no link to this case!

Also, JF is linked to all of this thru his relationship with her mother. His family is also innocent and should not be talked about as pointed out by Salem. If we can't talk about his family then we certainly should not talk about LCs family.

I believe the hurd family was brought in because her car was found on their property. I did not see anything like what is being said about LC's family on here. His father and grandfather have absolutely no link to this case!

Ok, point well taken.

ok, here is another kink in the story.....I was at a local store a while back and the clerk told me that her family has been friends with the C's for a long time. She said that either on the first or second day of MC missing, her parents were driving on the highway by Fred Meyer and actually saw MC walking on the side of the road headed towards Cresent Bar. I asked if they are positive it was her and she said yes they were positive and they had gone to the police to tell them this info once they learned she was missing. Apparently they didn't know she was "missing" when they saw her that day.

I have been trying to make this make sense, devil’s advocate style, but I must concede---it is a real stretch. However, I’m glad you mentioned it.

The folks who felt they spotted MC were in a moving vehicle ID-ing a moving person, and that can be tricky. However, sometimes you just know what you know, and it is true that MC was missing for four days.

It would not be the first time that someone has been imprisoned without bars, if, let’s say, she was temporarily under someone’s “spell” psychologically/emotionally. I kind of have in mind the Stockholm syndrome, but I have the idea that that develops over a period of time, rather than overnight, and that at first you are afraid and would jump at a clear chance to escape if presented with it. MC could have been (speculation and I hope not) functioning with her mood altered, having no idea how bad things were going to get. She could have been picked up shortly after the time that the people in the car spotted her by someone who was the reason for her being in that place at that time in the first place.

I wonder if the store clerk's parents could give any description of the clothing the person walking was wearing.

I can’t come up with a scenario for why MC would be walking along in that location, in that it sounds like (assumption) that the pedestrian had already passed (?) the entrance to Fred Meyer, where help could potentially be sought, and was headed in the direction of Rock Island, Crescent Bar (not a real realistic walking goal), Quincy (ditto), etc.---or even was just headed further east in East Wenatchee, like up SE 3rd. I doubt it was her, but I'm glad the people reported it. Some bizarre bit like that could make a lot of sense to LE if (and we sure hope they do) they have more puzzle pieces on the table than we do. All of the above is speculation.

This whole thing is just heartbreaking. Here's to praying the killer is caught soon and justice is truly served.

I have been trying to make this make sense, devil’s advocate style, but I must concede---it is a real stretch. However, I’m glad you mentioned it.

The folks who felt they spotted MC were in a moving vehicle ID-ing a moving person, and that can be tricky. However, sometimes you just know what you know, and it is true that MC was missing for four days.

It would not be the first time that someone has been imprisoned without bars, if, let’s say, she was temporarily under someone’s “spell” psychologically/emotionally. I kind of have in mind the Stockholm syndrome, but I have the idea that that develops over a period of time, rather than overnight, and that at first you are afraid and would jump at a clear chance to escape if presented with it. MC could have been (speculation and I hope not) functioning with her mood altered, having no idea how bad things were going to get. She could have been picked up shortly after the time that the people in the car spotted her by someone who was the reason for her being in that place at that time in the first place.

I wonder if the store clerk's parents could give any description of the clothing the person walking was wearing.

I can’t come up with a scenario for why MC would be walking along in that location, in that it sounds like (assumption) that the pedestrian had already passed (?) the entrance to Fred Meyer, where help could potentially be sought, and was headed in the direction of Rock Island, Crescent Bar (not a real realistic walking goal), Quincy (ditto), etc.---or even was just headed further east in East Wenatchee, like up SE 3rd. I doubt it was her, but I'm glad the people reported it. Some bizarre bit like that could make a lot of sense to LE if (and we sure hope they do) they have more puzzle pieces on the table than we do. All of the above is speculation.

I know, I agree this is very strange and not likely. I can't remember if she said which direction they were heading or anything. I remember she did say that they thought it was weird because her hair was messed up.

How heart breaking. So, so sad.

WC approves of the dance and it's sponsors.

ok, here is another kink in the story.....I was at a local store a while back and the clerk told me that her family has been friends with the C's for a long time. She said that either on the first or second day of MC missing, her parents were driving on the highway by Fred Meyer and actually saw MC walking on the side of the road headed towards Cresent Bar. I asked if they are positive it was her and she said yes they were positive and they had gone to the police to tell them this info once they learned she was missing. Apparently they didn't know she was "missing" when they saw her that day.

That is a kink in the mystery.

Perhaps it was someone else walking along side the road? Many young girls could resemble MC, from a distance, especially from a moving vehicle.

Fred Meyer is close to the mall where JF was rumored to have had a haircut, isn't it?

The simple truth is that not only is there less than six degrees of separation between most of us who live here, but for the greatest part there is less than six miles as well.

Hey sockmonkey... do you happen to know what time these parents supposedly saw MC walking by Fred Meyer? It would be very beneficial to know in regards to the times of the other rumors, and times of the other facts as reported by LE in the WW. Thanks!

I know, I agree this is very strange and not likely. I can't remember if she said which direction they were heading or anything. I remember she did say that they thought it was weird because her hair was messed up.

Well, depending on what, when and where ... 'messed up' hair could indicate the head injury scenario or it could indicate it was a different girl.

The autopsy indicates the head trauma was a contributing factor in MC's demise.

'A contributing factor', how? It could indicate the injury was not severe enough to cause her demise but perhaps was sufficient to daze and radically confuse her, to cause her to walk aimlessly in a direction to where ever?

Her hair 'messed up' by a struggle / injury? How could such a scenario go unnoticed, given the location of the 'walking girl'?

Car accident is out .. too much traffic to avoid being seen, but then I suppose it depends on time of day / evening / wee-hours.

We could step back from thinking it was MC walking along the side of the road that day because it doesn't seem to fit previous 'speculation' scenarios ... it certainly draws your thinking to other possibilities.

As for a carjacking ... I'm not sure a '97 Grand Prix SE is carjack material. At least, there's no market for parts and it certainly doesn't run 10 second quarter-mile's. This thinking keeps me on the track of that MC was the target, not the car.

Whom is it that knows the real killer and knows of their guilt and is afraid to come forward to LE for fear of meeting a similar fate?

Do you frequent this thread? Do you?

I think that rumor is false. I was told (secondhand) that the people who found her said she was lying with her feet in the water. IMO There is really nothing for her to be propped up on to be sitting up.

I guess it’s possible that MC’s body could be propped up into a sitting position by using this old telephone pole (circled in red) as a back rest. Her feet could still be in the stream.

Attachments

• IMGP1387.jpg
    IMGP1387.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 127
Hey sockmonkey... do you happen to know what time these parents supposedly saw MC walking by Fred Meyer? It would be very beneficial to know in regards to the times of the other rumors, and times of the other facts as reported by LE in the WW. Thanks!

I don't know what time they saw her. I wish I would have paid more attention to everything she was saying. At that time I was more afraid than interested in trying to solve a crime. I just remember asking her why they didn't turn around a go pick her up and she said that at that time they didn't know she was missing. I guess they thought maybe she was just out for a walk.....
I should go back to this store and find out when she works again and ask her more questions this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member