WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at golakechelan.com! They have and interview with Chelan Co. Sheriff.

Ok, sheriff stated detectives are working 7 days a week and 24 hours a day. IMO that means they are watching someone(s) very, very closely... (stakeout). If not a stakeout, what other duty is a detective gonna be assigned from 3 to 6 in the morning?

Would a person know his phone records and data were being investigated by LE? Or, would LE get the records with out notifying the cell phone owner?

If LE must notify the cell phone owner, then he/she knows that that he/she is a possible suspect.

In the interview he does clarify that warrants and subpoenas were issued for the phone records. I'm not sure if the subject has to be notified of this legally or if a judge just looks at the probable cause and does it without any notification as long as he/she finds said probable cause to be acceptable. I wouldn't think that a subject would have to be legally notified of the warrant, but I'm not sure. Whatever the case, I'm sure the POI knows very well that LE is all over him from polygraphs, extensive interviews and re-interviews, and maybe other subpoenas and warrants we're not aware of, like DNA, fiber samples, property searches, ect...

Ok, sheriff stated detectives are working 7 days a week and 24 hours a day. IMO that means they are watching someone(s) very, very closely... (stakeout). If not a stakeout, what other duty is a detective gonna be assigned from 3 to 6 in the morning?

Good catch!

Look at golakechelan.com! They have and interview with Chelan Co. Sheriff.

In the interview the LE officer said, ". . . nothing has come to the conclusion of identifying a suspect and making an arrest." BBM

The use of the word "and" sounds to me like they may have a suspect in mind, just not enough evidence to make an arrest yet.

I am hoping they know "who," but are just waiting for the "what." JMHO

...7 days a week, 24 hours a day...

Sorry, but this is just a tired old cliche IMO :snooty:
He's just saying that they are working hard on the case...what else can he say without angering the public?

Harum: "we are not prepared to identify a anybody of interest yet, or a suspect...."
That tells me that there IS a PIO or suspect - they just are not PREPARED to release the name...
you agree??

Yes, I agree...and possibly, so do nine others, who clicked thanks, below your post.

...7 days a week, 24 hours a day...

Sorry, but this is just a tired old cliche IMO :snooty:
He's just saying that they are working hard on the case...what else can he say without angering the public?

It could just be a generalization or colloquialism, but it could be more literal. We do know for a fact that they have logged hundreds of hours of overtime, and that was almost a month ago. With no official word of a scale-back of the task force, I assume they are still logging lots of overtime.

Well, they gotta set aside some time to read in Websleuths....

Seriously, everyone brings something to the table in these WS threads, and a lot of you have some really strong professional background in related fields that you can bring to bear. Impressive.

Interesting he said that often the suspect(generic) will go on social networking

Also keep in mind that a ping is just a "snapshot" and is not always accurate it is also considered circumstantial. An actual call is alot more valuable because the tower and voice channels tell alot more specific information.

So, without complete records of all the pings, the calls can indicate the location of towers used during calls? And, this information would possibly be more accurate than the pings? Well, what if the possible POI's phone was silent and no calls were made or received ? Then, the pings are needed to pinpoint location.

I hope the needed information can be retrieved from the carrier's deleted trash bin, (or what ever it is called).

Seriously, everyone brings something to the table in these WS threads, and a lot of you have some really strong professional background in related fields that you can bring to bear. Impressive.

Maybe LE needs to.

"Do investigators look at these sites?"

"Yes, says Mike Harum, Chelan County sheriff. He wasn’t familiar with Websleuths but said investigators “read every one of them” posted about Cowell on The Wenatchee World’s site."

Quoted from: http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/...detectives-ferret-out-clues-in-cowell/?online

ETA: Funny that it is written by Wenatchee World but most of the article is about Websleuths.

Sheriff at golakechelan interview: :dj:
"...we did received some information from some of the assumptions, or predictions, that were done on the internet..."

Ever single person that has contributed here :Banane37: in any way should take a :bow:

I believe I've read every single post, (many I've read multiply times). I've also seen many times someone else run with an idea another had only previously mentioned in passing. Every comments matter. More specifically YOUR comment has made a difference.

Let's keep those rumors and assumptions coming, (just continue to make sure they are labeled as such).

ETA: Sheriff also stated, when speaking about internet:
"It is beneficial. I think it's good for the public to have that ability to go in and... I guess, play 'detective' if that's what they desire, but also to help us through the process of the investigation."

:):clap::D:eek:nline::smile:

Maybe LE needs to.

"Yes, says Mike Harum, Chelan County sheriff. He wasn’t familiar with Websleuths but said investigators “read every one of them” posted about Cowell on The Wenatchee World’s site."

Quoted from: http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/...detectives-ferret-out-clues-in-cowell/?online

ETA: Funny that it is written by Wenatchee World but most of the article is about Websleuths.

After that article, I bet they read here. I hope we have helped. I kind of felt he was complimenting the sleuthing we do in his interview today.

Maybe LE needs to.

And he stated that before the Manson Tribune article came out about websluths. For all the non locals Manson is on the other side of Lake Chelan.

After that article, I bet they read here. I hope we have helped. I kind of felt he was complimenting the sleuthing we do in his interview today.

The things that impressed me with this group let me count the ways:

1. Pleasant posting and rules of etiquette.
2. Locals willing to beat the bushes (literally) to help us "out of the way" folks to let us feel that we are there.
3. Very talented sleuthers

The one thing I don't like:
Our posts can be "googled" either intentionally or accidentally. We put alot of people under the microscope, and even though they may have some creepy character flaws and we eventually ruled them out. I am concerned that the public will not get the whole picture.

ETA: But it is disheartening when a significant member of the task force says this (same article):

"Doug Jones, spokesman for the task force investigating Cowell’s death, said investigators look at comments on Websleuths and The Wenatchee World site but have found “nothing substantial” in the way of clues off the sites. He said most of the suggestions made by commenters are things investigators have already done or have considered."

Maybe if they would share just alittle more?

How did the interviewer know about some of the phone records not being retrievable? Interviewing reporter :dj: :
"I was lead to believe some of the phone records that had been wanted were no longer around, for one reason or the other. Not retrievable."

Who is his source? More importantly, why aren't these rumors making it back to WS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98