WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are my thoughts on the family. I believe that in the first week or so after finding MC, they were reeling and I find it amazing that they could even show up at the memorial the day after the private funeral which was AFTER a horrendous week of MC gone missing and all the mental anguish THAT must have been. Then they find out their daughter has been murdered. The police are all over it, they are being interviewed over and over. Then it probably moved on to evidence gathering and the information that LE would have been giving family would be mostly factual but probably not all the info is given to them either, or worse information given that might trip someone up as you would think they start with everyone close as suspects. No doubt they are all asked to not discuss the case with media or friends as it may hinder an arrest. The family doesn't want that to happen! Then on to the lie detector tests. What if THEY know who did and who didn't pass those? Yikes! Their phones are probably ringing off the hook from everyone they know day or night, including the police with more questions, more info, more thoughts to put in their heads. They probably have no time to deal with the emotions that come in waves during down times. Imagine what it would be like to be LIVING what we are all doing on here, trying to figure out WHO is responsible? Talk about wanting to close down your head i would think! I also figure they must be working closely with the LE and must have faith in the work LE is doing for them and MC or they would be speaking out. I don't think they would read our writings as that too, would only put MORE ideas in their minds of what horrible things MAY have happened. As parents, they certainly are looking more for facts than rumors. Although i also think they already know most of it, certainly they know their only daughter is not coming back to them. At any rate, they are living the nightmare 24/7 now. I feel really bad for them, and this will take a long long time for them to learn to deal with it on a day to day basis. They will never forget their precious daughter.

BBM

Scentamental,

Your thoughtful post is very powerful in my opinion. As someone who suffered through the murder of my brother many, many years ago, I can tell you that you have described exactly what our family was going through.

My brother was missing for ten days, and I can attest to how devastating it is not knowing where your loved one is. You wonder where they are. Are they okay? Are they suffering somewhere, alone, and you can't do anything to help them? Will you ever see them again? Will you ever be able to tell them you love them one more time?

But the worst part -- you can't stop your mind from imagining every horrible scenario -- over and over again.

You can't eat, and sleep is measured in minutes, not hours. Your friends try to say the right things, but you're not really listening because your brain is still imagining all the horrible scenarios. You go through the motions of everyday life, but you'll remember very little of it. You go from complete numbness to crying uncontrollably.

The waiting game is excruciating.

And then you hear the news that you didn't want to hear, but deep in your soul you knew was inevitable. A different rush of emotions overwhelms you from the finality of it. At least during the waiting game, there was always a tiny glimmer of hope. But now, that hope has been obliterated by a few words from a police officer. We were told that his badly beaten body had been found on the side of the freeway. I believe he was discarded like an empty, plastic grocery bag.

During the waiting game, my family shed so many tears that by the time we had his funeral, we had very few left to give. We were numb again. Onlookers may have assumed we were uncaring. We weren't. We were all just mentally and physically beyond exhausted.

I hope this post isn't too OT. I just wanted to shed some light on what it's really like for the grieving family. I know it's an old cliche, but I truly wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

As WS sleuths, we all haven't yet agreed together, upon who the criminal is, or where the crime was done. We may never do that, until LE announces who and where.

SO..I'll guess. I am guessing the criminal is a white male, in his 40s or 50s, and he knew MC from somewhere...not sure...where, but he was an acquaintance. I don't think Killer was in a gang. I think Killer had planed on sending the body, to the bottom of the river, and he didn't get to complete his plans.

I am so so sorry for RC and WC.

Ok.. we have from WS
JF
WC (hard for me on this one)
New out of town BF ( I heard actually hasn't been found to talk to?)
JV (? Think most ruled his out??)
Girls (heard that personally as a possibility from talking from young kids)
Gang thing ( also heard that as a possibility from kids in conjunction with girls??)
Fuel Bar & CB bar owner ( coincendence ?) Just as much as JF/WC near property/s connection)
The Hurd property and their Kids possible connection
Random
If I missed anything/one...please take in account.......lets get together and start eliminating from what we can find out
This is just so sad and must be solved!!! For what its worth....

As WS sleuths, we all haven't yet agreed together, upon who the criminal is, or where the crime was done. We may never do that, until LE announces who and where.

SO..I'll guess. I am guessing the criminal is a white male, in his 40s or 50s, and he knew MC from somewhere...not sure...where, but he was an acquaintance. I don't think Killer was in a gang. I think Killer had planed on sending the body, to the bottom of the river, and he didn't get to complete his plans.

I am so so sorry for RC and WC.

My guess is one male, between the ages of 21 and 44.

BBM

Scentamental,

Your thoughtful post is very powerful in my opinion. As someone who suffered through the murder of my brother many, many years ago, I can tell you that you have described exactly what our family was going through.

My brother was missing for ten days, and I can attest to how devastating it is not knowing where your loved one is. You wonder where they are. Are they okay? Are they suffering somewhere, alone, and you can't do anything to help them? Will you ever see them again? Will you ever be able to tell them you love them one more time.

But the worst part -- you can't stop your mind from imagining every horrible scenario -- over and over again.

You can't eat, and sleep is measured in minutes, not hours. Your friends try to say the right things, but you're not really listening because your brain is still imagining all the horrible scenarios. You go through the motions of everyday life, but you'll remember very little of it. You go from complete numbness to crying uncontrollably.

The waiting game is excruciating.

And then you hear the news that you didn't want to hear, but deep in your soul you knew was inevitable. A different rush of emotions overwhelms you from the finality of it. At least during the waiting game, there was always a tiny glimmer of hope. But now, that hope has been obliterated by a few words from a police officer. We were told that his badly beaten body had been found on the side of the freeway. I believe he was discarded like an empty, plastic grocery bag.

During the waiting game, my family shed so many tears that by the time we had his funeral, we had very few left to give. We were numb again. Onlookers may have assumed we were uncaring. We weren't; we were all just mentally and physically beyond exhausted.

I hope this post isn't too OT. I just wanted to shed some light on what it's really like for the grieving family. I know it's an old cliche, but I truly wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

Thank you love_to_dig for your post. Your words literally brought me to tears, and I am so sorry for your loss and your pain...past, present, and ongoing. I think I can speak for most of us here when I say that it certainly helps shed some light on the probable feelings and emotions of MC's grieving family and friends...and why we may not be seeing what we expect. Because most of us DON'T know what to expect because, fortunately, we haven't lived through this.

Thank you so much for sharing, and again...I am so very sorry for your loss. No matter how recent or how long ago this was, my prayers are with you and your family...I agree, this isn't something to be wished upon anyone :(

RANT: I want to see a suspect or POI! I want to see an arrest here!

Come on LE ..... give us something!

Salem

So while waiting for things to shake loose on MC's case, I have been looking at other open cases in WA on WS. For those of you who may have been following the Nancy Moyer and Lindsey Baum cases, a scary person with initials ww (44) keeps coming up. He has lived in many places in WA, often close to people disappearing. He also fishes the Columbia and has property in Tonasket. Weren't JF (41) and Spillman (41) also from Tonasket? Could these three people have grown up together at some stage in their lives?

Happy to see the Seattle news at 10 pm mentioned a fundraiser and birthday celebration for MC tomorrow night. Anything to keep reminding people about this tragedy is great, IMO.

Also, I don't know if they are a WS "competitor" but there is some interesting new data/theories on the MC thread at www.helpfindthemissing.org.

love to dig thanks for sharing your loss with us. MY prayers are with you and your family

So while waiting for things to shake loose on MC's case, I have been looking at other open cases in WA on WS. For those of you who may have been following the Nancy Moyer and Lindsey Baum cases, a scary person with initials ww (44) keeps coming up. He has lived in many places in WA, often close to people disappearing. He also fishes the Columbia and has property in Tonasket. Weren't JF (41) and Spillman (41) also from Tonasket? Could these three people have grown up together at some stage in their lives?

Wow...that's pretty creepy. From my own personal knowledge of JF I can say that I am pretty sure (I can't say 100%) that JF's only connection to Spillman was that he was, for a time, his brother-in-law and I have never heard that they were roommates, let alone even friends. But in the same respect, Tonasket has a pretty small population...so there's always the possibility they knew eachother or knew of eachother back in the day.

ETA...I don't know of JF ever living in Tonasket, but I can't say I know for sure that he didn't..which is why I threw the comment about Tonasket being a small place out there. Hope I didn't confuse too many people with that!

I have also been following this case for awhile and I don't remember if the drawing made by a person who has prediction dreams has been mentioned here.

Ok.. we have from WS
JF
WC (hard for me on this one)
New out of town BF ( I heard actually hasn't been found to talk to?)
JV (? Think most ruled his out??)
Girls (heard that personally as a possibility from talking from young kids)
Gang thing ( also heard that as a possibility from kids in conjunction with girls??)
Fuel Bar & CB bar owner ( coincendence ?) Just as much as JF/WC near property/s connection)
The Hurd property and their Kids possible connection
Random
If I missed anything/one...please take in account.......lets get together and start eliminating from what we can find out
This is just so sad and must be solved!!! For what its worth....

Could be a serial killer (SK)...

Thank you love_to_dig for your post. Your words literally brought me to tears, and I am so sorry for your loss and your pain...past, present, and ongoing. I think I can speak for most of us here when I say that it certainly helps shed some light on the probable feelings and emotions of MC's grieving family and friends...and why we may not be seeing what we expect. Because most of us DON'T know what to expect because, fortunately, we haven't lived through this.

Thank you so much for sharing, and again...I am so very sorry for your loss. No matter how recent or how long ago this was, my prayers are with you and your family...I agree, this isn't something to be wished upon anyone :(

Thank you, Miss Maple.

It was 1979 -- a very long time ago, and the pain is still there, although not nearly as deep. It never goes away completely. I can guarantee that everyone in Mackenzie's life will be altered by this somehow.

By the way, they did catch the murderer of my brother, eventually. He was a friend of a friend of a friend of his roommate. My brother had just cashed a $1500.00 IRS refund check, and the murderer killed him for the money to buy drugs.

He was found guilty and got 7 years in prison, but with "good behavior," he was out in three. Some justice, huh?

Even with the guilty plea, it didn't bring my brother back.

Thank you, Miss Maple.

It was 1979 -- a very long time ago, and the pain is still there, although not nearly as deep. It never goes away completely. I can guarantee that everyone in Mackenzie's life will be altered by this somehow.

By the way, they did catch the murderer of my brother, eventually. He was a friend of a friend of a friend of his roommate. My brother had just cashed a $1500.00 IRS refund check, and the murderer killed him for the money to buy drugs.

He was found guilty and got 7 years in prison, but with "good behavior," he was out in three. Some justice, huh?

Even with the guilty plea, it didn't bring my brother back.

WOW...I can't even begin to imagine the anger that you and your family must've experienced with this man being released after only 3yrs. Shoot, even the fact that he only got 7 to begin with! Sometimes the justice system amazes me due to the shear lack of exactly that; justice :(

But in reference to MC's case (I hope you don't mind love_to_dig), it certainly goes to show that what was done to her could absolutley be something as unfortunate as what love's poor brother went through...killed for something as pitiful as money for drugs and by someone completely unrelated. I'm not saying the same exact situation, but along the lines of the reason being something trivial (but not in the killers mind) and by someone who we haven't even considered...perhaps because it's not even someone we would know.

But in reference to MC's case (I hope you don't mind love_to_dig), it certainly goes to show that what was done to her could absolutley be something as unfortunate as what love's poor brother went through...killed for something as pitiful as money for drugs and by someone completely unrelated. I'm not saying the same exact situation, but along the lines of the reason being something trivial (but not in the killers mind) and by someone who we haven't even considered...perhaps because it's not even someone we would know.

I tend to think that the killer was close to her and was very angry with her, just by the vicious nature of what was done to her. :sick:

For what it's worth:

I remember taking a look at WC's Facebook page before it went private. One of the few things she said after MC was found was something like, "Please understand, I'm a very private person". That, along with LE probably telling her to keep quiet, is probably the reason we haven't heard anything from her.

On that note, has anyone read anything about RC?

Being "private" can be mistaken for having secrets about what goes on behind closed doors. WC invited JF into her home where MC visited every other weekend. WC might have made one of the best apple pies in the valley, but she was not a nurturing and involved part of MC's life as some might think. MC was the apple of her daddy's eye, but longed for the love and acceptance of her mother. IMO her silence is more than mourning and reflection...of the rest I have personal knowledge. :banghead:

WOW...I can't even begin to imagine the anger that you and your family must've experienced with this man being released after only 3yrs. Shoot, even the fact that he only got 7 to begin with! Sometimes the justice system amazes me due to the shear lack of exactly that; justice :(

No, Miss Maple, I don't mind.

I find myself in tears reading this, though. It's been many years since I've cried for my brother, although I do get sad around certain dates on the calendar.

As the mother of an 18 year old daughter who is about to graduate, I think I weep for WC who won't get to experience that milestone with her only daughter -- the baby of the family.

I've never believed that WC had any thing to do with this. I hope this turns out to be true.

Was just wondering ......Do you have to leave after posting 50 times?? Im new here but I do live here and have been following this since it happened.I also heard a drywall knife was one of the tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme