WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
YES...he has a LONG list of addresses! Why does he keep moving???

I don't know why he keeps moving but considering his job (Fish and Wildlife) which is usually a stable type of institution----his frequent moves are suspect. He was asked to take a polygraph test in the Lindsey Baum case and refused.

P.S. I wasn't the one to bring him up originally but I did spend some time reading up on him tonight and it is entirely possible that he drove over to Wenatchee---because he has been discussed as a possible person involved in disappearances that require some driving. Look at Lindsey and Nancy---there is some resemblance to MC------IMO.

P.S.S. There is some research that suggests that serial killers that go undetected will speed up the time gap between killings-----when you look at the list of possible cases he could be linked to there is a shorter and shorter gap occurring. But perhaps I am hallucinating because the list I was looking at was someone's compiled list of all of the disappearances in the last bunch of years in the areas where he lived---a very random connection indeed.

I wonder if LE has talked to WSW about MC? If so...I wonder if WSW has a strong alibi? I guess he does. he likely wasn't in Wenatchee.

I wonder why he was a POI in TWO different disappearances? Not just one...but two.

Nancy's coloring is similar to MC's.

I love hypothesizing with you all about multiple POIs and ideas-------I am not sure what keeps me up at 2 AM doing it except that I think MC has something to do with keeping us going.........

ha you are still here, at 4:10. yes, MC keeps us going....

You're a much better sleuth than I. Where did you find all this?

When JL first posted about it (at least what I'd read), IIRC he said that the funds raised would go the the "MC FUND" (to help family with expenses) and to the reward fund (crimestopper fund?).

I have a feeling that the family did not want any of the proceeds, as they didn't want it to appear they were asking for finanacial help. Especially since there's previously been a bit of public condemnation, with regards to that. JMO

I agree. It's just gross that he used girls as a go-between to talk to WC. I wonder if either of MC's brothers went to the dance. I don't think so.

Time for the Saturday night sleuths to rest. Maybe we can solve this mystery in the upcoming week?

Anyone who's familiar with the CB area...

Does the setting in this photo look familiar?

jlphotogdubblea.jpg

With the tracks running next to the road, I would guess HWY 97 - Chelan County side.. I do not recall any Douglas County roads like that. Just a guess.

If I knew his full name, I'd start sleuthing. hint hint. :D

Hi, puf,

WW has been sleuthed to the Nth degree by us frequenters of the Lindsey Baum case and Nancy Moyer case threads.

Regarding Lindsey's case, WW had befriended her brother (took him fishing) because their parents are divorced (more than a year), with the father living in Tennessee and now deployed in the Iraq theater.

Connection to Nancy's case is by location coincidence.

WW works at the Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife as a Forest & Fish Biologist and has been a member minister of multiple ministries.

His job provides reason for traveling throughout the state and for being within and 'knowing' WA waterways and forest areas and his ministry connection provides reason for interacting with adults and children.

There has been no LE-mention of WW regarding any case of which we are aware.

... hope that helps.

Thanks, Chuck.

Wonder if he has any Wenatchee connections. Thanks for all the sleuthy deets.

I am on Spring break this week. I've been thinking about driving through the Wenatchee area to check out some of the places that have been discussed in this forum. I have a Washington Gazeteer for a map, plus numerous refererences from this thread.

Here's my concern: I am a heavy-set white male, in my early 40's; I'd be driving alone, stopping here and there to take photos of places connected with crime scene. Since I am an unknown in the area, and Wentachee LE are a tad "jumpy", would I be setting myself up for a "visit" to the local police station?
Yes, I could prove where I was in early-mid February (Seattle, where I live), and yes, people could verify it BUT...it would be a hassle. And it would be kind of embarrassing. My co-workers might laugh at me.

Oh yeah, here's a little bit about my background: I work for the city and deal with a lot of adjudicated high school-age youth (mostly wannabe gangsters). One of the kids in our program (I can say her name now: Brittany Galindez, age 16) who I knew fairly well, was murdered last year. Her body was found in a golf course pond just North of Seattle. The murderer was found (a male, age 20) 3 days later; he was caught tagging on the side of a building. The reason he killed her?
a) She was "claiming" (saying that she was in a gang when she wasn't)
b) she was drunk that night, and threw up in his car.

So he killed her. She was strangled and stabbed, then driven to the gold course where she dumped in the water.

Back in the day, I used to work with sex-offenders between the ages of 12-17, but moved on after a couple of years... it was a freakin' disturbing line of work. I learned a lot about deviant behavior during that time though. Good Lord, what a nightmare.

I just want to get inside this killer's head...figure something out. Contribute something. Anything. Maybe that's it...for as hard as we work here, sometimes I wonder if we (my co-workers and I) are really doing an good.

I am on Spring break this week. I've been thinking about driving through the Wenatchee area to check out some of the places that have been discussed in this forum. I have a Washington Gazeteer for a map, plus numerous refererences from this thread.

Here's my concern: I am a heavy-set white male, in my early 40's; I'd be driving alone, stopping here and there to take photos of places connected with crime scene. Since I am an unknown in the area, and Wentachee LE are a tad "jumpy", would I be setting myself up for a "visit" to the local police station?
Yes, I could prove where I was in early-mid February (Seattle, where I live), and yes, people could verify it BUT...it would be a hassle. And it would be kind of embarrassing. My co-workers might laugh at me.

Oh yeah, here's a little bit about my background: I work for the city and deal with a lot of adjudicated high school-age youth (mostly wannabe gangsters). One of the kids in our program (I can say her name now: Brittany Galindez, age 16) who I knew fairly well, was murdered last year. Her body was found in a golf course pond just North of Seattle. The murderer was found (a male, age 20) 3 days later; he was caught tagging on the side of a building. The reason he killed her?
a) She was "claiming" (saying that she was in a gang when she wasn't)
b) she was drunk that night, and threw up in his car.

So he killed her. She was strangled and stabbed, then driven to the gold course where she dumped in the water.

Back in the day, I used to work with sex-offenders between the ages of 12-17, but moved on after a couple of years... it was a freakin' disturbing line of work. I learned a lot about deviant behavior during that time though. Good Lord, what a nightmare.

I just want to get inside this killer's head...figure something out. Contribute something. Anything. Maybe that's it...for as hard as we work here, sometimes I wonder if we (my co-workers and I) are really doing an good.

You'd probably be ok photographing some of the more public places. And if you go to CB, you could always say that you heard about it on the real estate site. Up at the Hurds, though... well, I think Mr. Hurd is quick to call the police about anything, so if you go up that way, just ride through and click click click but don't stop.

I honestly think that you'd be ok. I really, really think that the poh-poh know who did it and are waiting for lab to come back (hopefully by the 1st...hope hope hope). Several of our members have been out to Crescent Bar to look around and no one's had the police scream in and throw them on the ground or anything. :)

Since you have a background in this type stuff, what do you think? 20-30 year old? Older?

What do you think about the fact that she wasn't sexually assaulted?

Welcome to WS, by the way. :sponge:

I was thinking about the significance of water. On top of being a convenient means to dispose of/hide bodies, I wonder if there is a kind of psychological "cleansing" that occurs.

Sort of like when we use sinks and drains. Dirt, grime, and whatever else we don't want to see goes away ...(a fitting example for this week: Pontiuos Pilate washes his hands, "absolving" himself of any guilt during Jesus' trial.)

I think this guy intended for her not to be found. If there is a dam down river, maybe he figured it would pull her NOT THROUGH IT but up against the grates, underwater, with Spring runoff pressure holding her body in place.

Out of sight, and out of mind.

What erks me is that when you google a part of our comments...our posts show up. I know that WS is open to guests they are specifically accessing this site. I worry that if people google things like "3-2-1..." up pops JL's site and our blerbs about him.

You know...it was rumored that MC's body was positioned (sitting up) with feet in water. Could this be posing...for photographs?

I was thinking about the significance of water. On top of being a convenient means to dispose of/hide bodies, I wonder if there is a kind of psychological "cleansing" that occurs.

Sort of like when we use sinks and drains. Dirt, grime, and whatever else we don't want to see goes away ...(a fitting example for this week: Pontiuos Pilate washes his hands, "absolving" himself of any guilt during Jesus' trial.)

I think this guy intended for her not to be found. If there is a dam down river, maybe he figured it would pull her NOT THROUGH IT but up against the grates, underwater, with Spring runoff pressure holding her body in place.

Out of sight, and out of mind.

...or uncontrollable fetish urge, obsession, or signature...with water?

You'd probably be ok photographing some of the more public places. And if you go to CB, you could always say that you heard about it on the real estate site. Up at the Hurds, though... well, I think Mr. Hurd is quick to call the police about anything, so if you go up that way, just ride through and click click click but don't stop.

I honestly think that you'd be ok. I really, really think that the poh-poh know who did it and are waiting for lab to come back (hopefully by the 1st...hope hope hope). Several of our members have been out to Crescent Bar to look around and no one's had the police scream in and throw them on the ground or anything. :)

Since you have a background in this type stuff, what do you think? 20-30 year old? Older?

What do you think about the fact that she wasn't sexually assaulted?

Welcome to WS, by the way. :sponge:

I'm curious about something: did she ever get into physical fights during her days in school? What kind of reputation did she have (if any) when it came to fighting?
This is where I am going with this:

Since she worked out, was in dancing, ect., she was in good shape and not easy someone to grapple with. If she'd been in a few scraps here and there (girl fights are crazy/scary!), she was also no stranger to punching and/or hair pulling/scratching.

Since the murder was up close and definitely personal, she's have to have some evidence on her (under her nails, for example, even after being in the water).

I'd say it was a male, 25-35. That's a HUGE pool of suspects though. Based on the BF's age, I assume she associated with guys who were older?

So far I'd also say the perp acted alone. What was the old saying..."Three can keep a secret as long as two are dead"

There is so much I don't know though. I might have been mistaken when I figured the dam was downriver from where she was found. Is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member