WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe there was an ICE sweep and the intent was to shake some info loose on MC's case. Or, maybe there was a sweep and it has nothing to do with her case. Either way, I'm glad they are assisting, for whatever reason.

Maybe child *advertiser censored* is involved somewhere in this case............and we don't know about it..........and that's why ICE is involved.

I am confused. RC and WC had a restraining order upon each other? Maybe it stated one was not to be within a certain distance of the other? If they both decided they must be in the same place at the same time...why would they need to terminate the restraining order? Couldn't they have both agreed to not press charges? Who else but them could press charges for violating the restraining order?

Wasn't the candlelight vigil the night of the 12th? That would be a good reason to get it lifted.

Maybe child *advertiser censored* is involved somewhere in this case............and we don't know about it..........and that's why ICE is involved.

ICE is immigrations/customs.

If there was child *advertiser censored* involved, the FBI would be there.

ICE is immigrations/customs.

If there was child *advertiser censored* involved, the FBI would be there.

a. FBI is there.

b. I have read in 2 places now that ICE gets pulled in for Cyber Crimes and Predator actions on internet.

We discussed this several threads back but don't remember which one to point you too.

We all came to the conclusion she's a bit off. Thinks people are following her and that MC was one of THEM. She thinks people secretly inject unknown substances (poisons?) into her while she is at the store. etc.

I got the impression that Cameo is a guy. I read his blog as long as I could stand it.

The ICE involvement is interesting. According to the WW, their involvment is not because of illegal immigration. As the WW article states, "An FBI agent also works part-time on the case, as do two officials from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Jones has said that ICE’s assistance is not related to any suspected illegal immigrant connection to this case."

But, ICE can also deal with many other areas. The ICE website states, "ICE investigations cover a broad range of areas, including national security threats, financial and smuggling violations (including illegal arms exports), financial crimes, commercial fraud, human trafficking, narcotics smuggling, child *advertiser censored*/exploitation, and immigration fraud." That covers much ground.

Perhaps ICE's involvment is just to provide their investigative expertise, IDK. "ICE combines innovative investigative techniques, new technological resources and a high level of professionalism to provide a wide range of resources to the public and to our federal, state and local law enforcement partners." As "the largest investigative agency in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security" (quoted from their website), maybe they have the personnel to share.

The FBI is involved, as stated in the media numerous times.

Here is a link for reference regarding ICE and child exploitation:

http://www.ice.gov/pi/childexploitation/index.htm

There are several other tabs worth exploring, if inclined.

Right, but they focus on cross-border stuff. Child sex tourism, etc.

I don't see why there'd be anything related to child *advertiser censored* in this case, though?

Can't be done in any simple way, if at all. IP addresses are assigned to network interfaces, not people, houses, or computers.

With an appropriate set of court orders one could be traced with info about when it was used, but you would need cooperation from the ISP. And even then it may not be possible.

IP addresses here on this board are visible to admins, but we don't disclose them without a subpoena. And we only really look at them when people are having technical difficulties & stuff like that.

Thank you, ! I'm hoping your post has put some members at ease! :cool2:

Puff,
Could you put the cell tower info on the timeline please.

Hey I'm a cell phone guy and don't get why that would be on the timeline? unless you have records to match with it thats not very helpful? I dont see LE giving out that info ever...

The ICE involvement is interesting. According to the WW, their involvment is not because of illegal immigration. As the WW article states, "An FBI agent also works part-time on the case, as do two officials from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Jones has said that ICE’s assistance is not related to any suspected illegal immigrant connection to this case."

But, ICE can also deal with many other areas. The ICE website states, "ICE investigations cover a broad range of areas, including national security threats, financial and smuggling violations (including illegal arms exports), financial crimes, commercial fraud, human trafficking, narcotics smuggling, child *advertiser censored*/exploitation, and immigration fraud." That covers much ground.

Perhaps ICE's involvment is just to provide their investigative expertise, IDK. As "the largest investigative agency in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security" (quoted from their website), maybe they have the personnel to share.

hmmmm.....financial crimes and/or commercial fraud. Could it be that MC stumbled on something that gave her some power and the violence was in response to that--------would that explain part of why she was described to be so happy in the days previously? .........:beagle:

Harum is not the task force PIO so he should really not be speaking about the case. But I understand he recently announced his intent to run for re-election. Let's hope he doesnt say anything that could jeopardize the case.

(PIO = Public Information Officer)

Amen, I love when election year officials give statements describing what they don't know. Whatever it takes to get hi name in the paper.

I can try asking, but I kind of doubt he'll want to answer that.

I asked him if MC could have gone to the spec house with another boyfriend, but he said he didn't know for sure, and it would have had to have been like 4 years ago if possible. Does anyone know when the spec house was built?

I think about 3 years ago I remember seeing the realitor page on that house and she had put on the market Jan 2010. I will ask my friend who helped build the house. Ironically it is his b-day today as well and I can not contact him tonight.

Perhaps ICE's involvment is just to provide their investigative expertise, IDK. "ICE combines innovative investigative techniques, new technological resources and a high level of professionalism to provide a wide range of resources to the public and to our federal, state and local law enforcement partners." As "the largest investigative agency in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security" (quoted from their website), maybe they have the personnel to share.

One logical conclusion is that a foreign national (or nationals) are involved, either directly (they did it) or indirectly (they're talking.)

IMHO.

IMO ICE is helping for one, some or all of these reasons in this order:

1. Bringing in all LE resources available, just to help.

2. ICE can shake things up, get people to talk, maybe someone saw something, heard something, etc.

3. Gang involvement, or wanting to eliminate gangs as suspect in this case.

ETA

4. Foreign National/s involved (thanks PaulR).

Puff,
Could you put the cell tower info on the timeline please.

Unfortunately I wasn't online when Bond was. I wish we had gotten more info about the tower locating where the phone was. Seems to me what little was said indicates the boat launch is not an exact if they were relying solely on phone records.

IMO ICE is helping for one, some or all of these reasons in this order:

1. Bringing in all LE resources available, just to help.

2. ICE can shake things up, get people to talk, maybe someone saw something, heard something, etc.

3. Gang involvement, or wanting to eliminate gangs as suspect in this case.

ETA

4. Foreign National/s involved (thanks PaulR).

I can't keep quiet anymore about that bouncing elephant! It is such a fascinating and joyful picture----------I laugh every single time I see it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiprocker