WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTgE=Dogdad;5005092]Hey I'm a cell phone guy and don't get why that would be on the timeline? unless you have records to match with it thats not very helpful? I dont see LE giving out that info ever...[/QUOTE]

I was talking with Mr. Bond who joined us last night and he suggested that we put it in puffs timeline to overlap with the map of her whereabouts to help us narrow things down a bit. You should PM him, he seems interested in helping in any way he can. He too is a phone guy!! He had some interesting things to say about the boat launch and how LE could not have narrowed it down to that location precisely without GPS if that were the case. I sent him some info on the case. Its all so technical !!

With all due respect to "Mr. Bond" , he admitted that he was not a phone expert, but we are blessed with Dogdad who IS an expert. Having said that, I do agree the more points of view, the better!

Amen, I love when election year officials give statements describing what they don't know. Whatever it takes to get hi name in the paper.

Or maybe the people of Chelan County were calling the Sheriff's Office and asking what in the heck has been going on with the investigation and asking why they weren't hearing any news about it. Also possibly telling him they no longer felt safe in the community. JAT

Whatever the reason for Sheriff Harum speaking out about the case - I was happy to hear 'something' from somebody in an authoritative position. And, happy that he sounded somewhat encouraging.

Unfortunately I wasn't online when Bond was. I wish we had gotten more info about the tower locating where the phone was. Seems to me what little was said indicates the boat launch is not an exact if they were relying solely on phone records.

little bit of a complex here... Let me be more clear. I am a local that moved here after being an LE Compliance analyst at Verizon Wireless. I have testified in multiple states as an expert witness regarding wireless triangulation. The only reason I am not still doing same is Verizon Consolidated that department to New Jersey. I couldn't do it. Have you ever been to Jersey? :sick:

I can't keep quiet anymore about that bouncing elephant! It is such a fascinating and joyful picture----------I laugh every single time I see it!

Good I'm not the only one that grins every time I see it :dance:

Dogdad, what do you make of the "missing data". Is there any chance for recovery?
Even erased hard drives have recoverable data

Does Dee have a criminal record?
Sometimes people with criminal records know other people with criminal records. Perhaps then she hears rumors that could be true.

I don't know about her personally, but I personally know relatives of hers that have extensive criminal backgrounds.

I think most of us had already come to that conclusion! Was it Miss Maple that said she was a few cheerio's short of a full bowl?! Or was that Ahsgramma?
Either way.........:loser:

That was me. And now I think she's even a few more shorter. What a thing to brag about.

little bit of a complex here... Let me be more clear. I am a local that moved here after being an LE Compliance analvt at Verizon Wireless. I have testifed in multiple states as an expert witness regarding wireless triangulation. The only reason I am not still doing same is Verizon Consolidated that department to New Jersey. I couldn't do it. Have you ever been to Jersey? :sick:

I think that if the two of you got together it would make for quite a good conversation. I have asked him to join us again, hopefully he will.

That was me. And now I think she's even a few more shorter. What a thing to brag about.

What did concern me about this lady was some of her friends on FB that are into ultimate fighting. Based on that and what she has said it seems like a group that is comfortable with violence, maybe just in the ring but maybe outside the ring as well.

Dogdad...forgive me for repeating myself, but I wonder what your take is regarding the "missing cell phone data". Is there no possibility for recovery of this info? Even when computer hard drives are re-formatted, data can still be retrieved. What do you think?

I got the impression that Cameo is a guy. I read his blog as long as I could stand it.

I thought I read where the baby was taken away by her aunt and the baby's father. I guess I should check it out again because I was positive it was a woman. I'll let you know if I find for sure.

ETA - I checked the site again and looked at the profile. Gender says female.

Dogdad, what do you make of the "missing data". Is there any chance for recovery?
Even erased hard drives have recoverable data

without the details thats a tough one. IMOO I suspect one tape got missed, just a guess. If it was purged its gone and over written. We aren't talking about a home pc here. This is assuming its even true.

From the LE release's so far I am very very confident that there is alot of misleading going on.

without the details thats a tough one. IMOO I suspect one tape got missed, just a guess. If it was purged its gone and over written. We aren't talking about a home pc here. This is assuming its even true.

From the LE release's so far I am very very confident that there is alot of misleading going on.

So...are they still using tape or is this data recorded on disc...digitally?

I think that if the two of you got together it would make for quite a good conversation. I have asked him to join us again, hopefully he will.

I would love to talk with him. From what I understand though there were actually records released in the Anthony case. We don't have that luxury and from the tight lipped LE here I seriously doubt we will.

I have mentioned before that I know the Investigation point man Robin Wagg. I haven't seen him in awhile but want to make sure he knows there is a 49er Dogdad that would be happy to consult for free if it will help.

little bit of a complex here... Let me be more clear. I am a local that moved here after being an LE Compliance analyst at Verizon Wireless. I have testified in multiple states as an expert witness regarding wireless triangulation. The only reason I am not still doing same is Verizon Consolidated that department to New Jersey. I couldn't do it. Have you ever been to Jersey? :sick:

What do you mean "a little bit of a complex here"? Is the answer complex? If not and you are an expert could you please explain it for me? In a way that is easy to understand. TIA

Hey, I just wanted to point out that it's not just the inappropriate photos that make me suspicious of JL. It's a combination of several things that, when you look at them all together, seems a bit strange. This includes, but is not limited to:
-The fact that he interjects himself into the case by conducting a fundraiser, photo shoots at the memorial, tribute shoots with MC's best friend in the river, etc., even though he (as far as we know) never met MC.

-Deleted her from his facebook and myspace page about a week into the investigation, yet proceeds to involve himself in the case afterward.

-Targets younger girls for his "limited time free photo shoot sessions", and puts up a "Mackenzie Model of the Month" collage on his myspace front page. Yes, I know the girl in the photo isn't her, however, it's odd that he puts this up after she went missing, and there is no other record of a Mackenzie that he used for a photo shoot.

-I've noticed that he requests girls to "message" him if they're interested in modeling. I'm not sure if everyone is aware, but myspace offers an Instant Messenger program, so you can converse back and forth with someone and the messages are erased once you log out. There would not be any stored messages in her in/out box if LE were to check.

-Locations. The vast majority of the locations he chooses are in fact in the water, whether it be the river, bathtub, boat launch, etc.

-This one is important. I had my daughter help me make a fake myspace account, used a photo of a bikini clad girl for my avatar that I had found on google images, and listed my age as 16. About a day after sending him a friend request, he sent me a message asking if I would be interested in a free modeling shoot. I responded, asking him what he had in mind. He told me that the majority of his shoots were done outdoors, and that I would need parental consent. He included his phone #, and told me that my mom could just send him a text, giving consent. I think that is a pretty big deal. This way, girls could get around asking their parents for approval, and he could technically say that he thought he was given consent.

So, like I said, it's not just one thing making me suspicious of him. Obviously none of this makes him guilty of anything, but it does give cause for concern.

I'll edit and add more to this if I can think of anything else.

Just checking back in for the night to see what's up.... and read this...

All I have to say is...

OH MY GOD, you're my kind of woman!

I dont think that he would not mind if i post this but this is his response to my question regarding the boat launch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy to help if/when I can, LB.

Short answer to your question is - no. Texting pings are no different than call pings.

The only way to be as precise as I believe LE is telling you is by the process of elimination if there are several Verizon towers in close proximity surrounding the locations of interest.

In general terms, the tower closest to the phone will carry the call. This can change because of heavy volume on a given tower, so it isn't always perfectly reliable, but, all things being equal...the closest tower will car a call. IF there are other towers surrounding the area...you can refine where the call originated by looking at the circle around those towers and determining that the phone must've been closer to the tower that carried the call. A bit confusing...I hope that helps. See the exception * below.

It would help to put the Verizon towers on the map that pufnstuf created. Then we could start narrowing things down.

It would also help if the family accessed their Verizon account online and let you know something about that ~5:45PM transmission. Call/text to/from whom. Just a wild guess...but I believe I read something about an LE presser where the speaker may have slipped and said something about Mackenzie being injuried...that might be the case if the ~5:45PM transmission were a 911 call from her cell that hasn't been released. That is pure speculation though...just FYI.

*If Mackenzie subscribed to a GPS tracking service, then her phone would provide exact coordinates vs. cell tower ping sectors. If that were the case, LE could be as specific as they are indicating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheeseghost22