WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, personally I never have thought her car was washed that day because it's filthy. Seems simple to me. If her car was driven by the perp after the wash, the window of time was very small and cannot account for that amount of dirt. Lots of sticky looking exhaust dirt on the back. Just doesn't fit IMO. I could see dust after a wash, I could see mud around the wheels. I can't see the obviously built up grime that is on that car.

I don't think her car was washed that day, despite the account of an eyewitness. "Eyewitnesses" can be mistaken, especially when recalling a missing person, especially after the fact. It would be easy to think you had seen that person. Lots of red cars driven by lots of tall, thin dark haired girls in this town.

1997 Grand Prix engines rarely 'exhaust' like that. The dirt on MC's vehicle is most likely road salt or kick-up from a gravel road or dusty road, and appears much like a wet car that was driven through dusty conditions.

Plus, the water seeping from under the spoiler tells me her car experienced a recent water 'event'.

Heya hotMadre - I would personally love it if you would switch back to your lovely green text and if puf would ask people to post their timeline suggestions in the orange. That orange is killer. At least on my poor ol' eyes. :cool:

If that was the case, then who of those people that have been sleuthed here so far could have carried on a normal routine during those four days and not have attracted at least some sort of attention from those around them?

Or from LE?

Here is a compilation of the events that have occured in honor of Mackenzie. What a nice tribute from so many different people trying to show their love and support in whatever way they can:

EVENTS HONORING M.C.

Feb. 12 - Candlelight Vigil organized by mother of 2 Apple-ettes.

Feb. 19 - Wenatchee Wild Honor MC with emblems on helmets. Donate $5,000

Feb. 24 - Funeral for immediate family of MC. ?

Feb. 25 - Memorial Service, Town Toyota Center

Mar. 6 - Cafe Mela - One of our fellow Sleuthers played(crux?) Raised $1,537

Mar. 7 - Walk for MC. by Campfire/Teens in Action. Hoped to raise @$500.

Mar. 26 - Dance for MC. The Ballrooom, above Volcano Club. $10. addmission.
Funds to go to Memorial Fund, and Reward Fund.

Hopefully this helps clarify for you out of town sleuthers, and confusion between the vigil, the memorial, the funeral, etc...

Well, I'm going to go with the media, which talked directly to LE, and with the photos, which show LE standing over the site that Mackenzie was found, which is on the river. Every photo or video that I've seen always focuses on the same spot on the river, by the two trees on the bank. The investigator pathway of double-tape even goes out into the river a foot or two to keep responders from walking through the place that her body was found. Simple Occam's Razor.

If you consider the media a "third-party source," then you have to discount everything that the media has reported. In my profession, newspaper articles, television news footage, and radio transcripts are considered primary sources.

Puf, you need to add SPECULATION or MOO to this statement from above,
"the photos, which show LE standing over the site that Mackenzie was found..."

This has not been reported as fact by the media, so please keep SPECULATION and OPINIONS labeled properly, as per reminders posted at the beginning of each thread.

By the way, most media reports are not based on communication directly from LE. They are either rewrites from a reporter who may or may not have collected information directly from LE, (another rewrite) OR they are stories in syndication or collaboration between news agencies, (meaning even one small error is repeated a thousand times over). Either way, errors snowball and all news stories should be treated as little more 2nd hand rumor.

Add to this LE's past history in this valley about not having "suspects" in murder investigations, (lying) -- but also LE around the country of being deceptive in these types of cases, (Hoppyfrog, I believe, verified this too), and you probably really shouldn't be putting too much into anything even if it comes directly from LE says. Sure we can all consider it "factual" but honestly, who are we gonna sue when it turns out to be a lie?

How does this all apply to MC? Well, given the Newsweek article on forensic sciences I posted about last night, we should probably stick around here even after the story of the conviction is published in the paper -- not sure MC is gonna rest in peace if the wrong person is sent away for her murder.

Everything above should be read while picturing in your mind a big healthy cow MOOing loudly.

Hey everyone. I'm almost caught up on the time line... only thing is, I can't edit it until I post it again. So everyone can post in their normal colors... and my PM inbox is always open to any timeline additions, edits, suggestions.

Thanks!

Hey everyone. I'm almost caught up on the time line... only thing is, I can't edit it until I post it again. So everyone can post in their normal colors... and my PM inbox is always open to any timeline additions, edits, suggestions.

Thanks!
Okay, Puf. Per Liz's old eye request, I am back to my signature green....there were just more greens showing up, and I like being able to see my posts out of the sea of hundreds...as well as Nancee's blue. :D

Puf, you need to add SPECULATION or MOO to this statement from above,

This has not been reported as fact by the media, so please keep SPECULATION and OPINIONS labeled properly, as per reminders posted at the beginning of each thread.

No offense, but the mods know how to contact me if I'm breaking the rules here.

As for whether it's speculation or not, it ceased being my speculation when I read this:

Investigators say the body was found fully clothed with her feet submerged in the river, a short distance away from a vacant home.

http://www.kxly.com/news/22559368/detail.html

If you're going to say this is speculation, then you'll have to say that just about everything we think is fact in this case is speculation.

Okay, Puf. Per Liz's old eye request, I am back to my signature green....there were just more greens showing up, and I like being able to see my posts out of the sea of hundreds...as well as Nancee's blue. :D

I don't know Hotmadre, your avitar is pretty eye catching!

Let me add... I am well aware of healthy skepticism when reading news items, and I do think I apply it appropriately.

No one at the Wenatchee World, Spokesman, KOMO, KIRO, etc etc ever envisioned that "found on the shore of the Columbia River with her feet in the water" would be bent to mean anything but her feet in the RIVER.

It's such an inconsequential detail that there's just no reasonable way to interpret it as them kowtowing to a request by LE to hide the fact that her feet were not found in the river but actually (insert wherever).

Occam's Razor. time and again.

I've added some themes to an earlier post. I'm not trying to imply anything but instead just stepping back and grouping some things in a different way:

PUD Land

1. Riverfront Park
2. Site where MC was found at CB property (according to del)
3. Yellow utility or construction spray paint on lawn at CB property

Water or Cleansing

1. MC worked at the Hair Academy, last seen there
2. Riverfront Park
3. Rumored car wash
4. Rumored broken wind shield wiper
5. Rumored hair cut by JF
6. MC found on shore of the Columbia
7. Rumored that MC looked like she had been through the dam, probably not.
8. LE report in WW that MC's feet were in the water

Ranchers

1. MC's car found next to a cattle gate
2. MC's car found in an area where ranchers live
3. MC's body found in an area where ranchers live
4. Rancher citizen at CB reports in WW seeing new brodies in lawn

Construction

1. MC's car found in an area where construction workers live
2. MC's body found by a house that many construction workers would know
4. Rumored tool used in homicide could be a construction tool

Landscapers / Lawn-Property Maintenance

1. Riverfront Park gets maintenance
2. Pretty sure CB property receives some maintenance
3. Rumored tool in homicide could be a yard tool (IMO)

Multiple Jurisdictions

1. Premeditated (Speculation)
2. Perp/s know Jurisdictions (Speculation)
3. Perp/s have been in trouble with LE before (Speculation)
4. Perp/s making an in-your-face statement to LE (Speculation)

Homicide

1. Premeditated (Rumored Tool)
2. Rage (Speculation)
3. Extreme Damage / Violence (Speculation)
4. No Rape
5. Kidnapping? Held Longer than 2/9? (Speculation)
6. Bag on head

Female Perp/s?

1. Car locked
2. No Rape
3. Multiple COD

Changes in MC's life prior to 2/9

1. Facebook message to Tacoma guy on 2/26
2. Rumor that MC was very happy for two weeks (starting ~ 2/26?)
3. Rumored events in WC/JF relationship (truck purchase, relationship off/on/off etc.)

If anyone has any to add or edit on this list or new groups to add, just let me know via PM or here and I'll edit and re-post later. What I'm looking for are things or events that might help build our own profile of a leading suspect or suspects.

Ummmmmm...................which begs the question. IF she was there.............WHY was she there! It wasn't to get her car clean!

I hate to bring this up again cuz I know I will get slammed, but IMHO it was a drug deal.

I'm going to start posting in white HA HA

I think what Metalsmith is having an issue with is that a stream does not flow "through" the CB property. There is a natural spring at the end of the driveway to the east of the garage that fills a pond and then the water is piped about 15 to 20 yards down under the lower east lawn where the open-aired "stream" starts. I believe the pipe actual ends where the PUD land begins. So, in that way, there is NOT an above ground stream on the CB property.

Hopefully that helps.

I've added some themes to an earlier post. I'm not trying to imply anything but instead just stepping back and grouping some things in a different way:

PUD Land

1. Riverfront Park
2. Site where MC was found at CB property (according to del)

respectuflly snipped...

This is awesome and rife with possibilities. Thanks.

Actually there are several streams at the CB house. Del has posted several pictures taken by him personally. He has been to the property. They are not large streams but they are most definitely there. I am in no way trying to argue, just saying that they are there. It is my understanding that most of them are in the thick brush so they would not necessarily be visible from above. I hope this helps :)

I have seen the stream that runs right into the Columbia River personally, too. In fact, when I was walking on the beach, I had no way around this stream and had to walk through it and my shoes got soaking wet. If you look at Del's pictures, you'll see it. I didn't dig around in the thick brush but it is also my understand that there are two other streams.

In the pictures where you see LE standing on the beach, they are standing in the exact area where that stream is.

I hate to bring this up again cuz I know I will get slammed, but IMHO it was a drug deal.

Yeah I think it is ok to say that and it doesn't mean she was a bad kid. Lots of good kids and adults get caught up in that. I also noticed two very different pictures on her missing poster. One fully aware and bright, almost glowing, the other IMO looked like she was "sleepy".. KWIM?

From KIRO:

The person who found Cowell's body told police her feet were in the water of the Columbia River and she was fully clothed.

Watch the video. The reporter was on scene.

:eek:ther_beatingA_Dead

Yeah I think it is ok to say that and it doesn't mean she was a bad kid. Lots of good kids and adults get caught up in that. I also noticed two very different pictures on her missing poster. One fully aware and bright, almost glowing, the other IMO looked like she was "sleepy".. KWIM?

When I first heard the car wash rumor, I thought the exact same thing because I knew kids in high school that would do that. However, MC didn't do drugs, according to JV.

Also, I think that the picture you're talking about is perhaps her trying to look "cool." She may have been self-conscious of her braces so she is hiding them and, at the same time, looking pouty. I have seen kids take pictures like this when they are perfectly sober but just trying to look cool, cute or pouty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member