WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gone Too Soon, based upon the highlighted passages above, is it safe for me to assume that MC was residing primarily (if not solely) with RC?

Yes, Del that is a correct assumption. MC has lived with RC full-time since early 2008. She resumed visits in the Spring after a few months and spent time at WC's every other weekend with an occasional dinner there on dance class nights. I am certain of these facts

Here is another quote taken from the same article. There was talk earlier in the thread about Mc's living situation.

She is the daughter of Reid Cowell of Orondo and Wendy Cowell of Wenatchee. Mackenzie, a senior at Wenatchee High School, lived part time with her mother in Wenatchee and part time with her father in Orondo, said Hanah Rasmussen, her friend from the Apple-Ettes dance team at the high school. Rasmussen spoke of her friend in the present tense.

“She loves both of her parents and has a good relationship with both of them,” she said.
Bolded by me.

With all due respect, the quotes in the newspaper are from a young lady on the dance team which MC joined in August 2009. Hanah is a leader within the dance group and was a friend of MC, but I doubt she knows much, if any detailed information relating to MC's relationship with her parents. I don't always believe everything I read in the newspaper. JMHO

Gone Too Soon, I was also wondering if you know if WC & JF are still together, and do you know if WC met a lot of MC's friends? I ask this because of the quote from her friend from the dance team about living with both parents. Is it possible that this friend didn't know for sure? TIA.

MelissaW, I have no firsthand knowledge of WC & JF's relationship status at this time. I know that WC attended a dance recital of MC's in May 2009 along with other family members and attended some Applette's performances since the Fall of 2009.

I am fairly certain WC did not meet alot of MC's friends prior to reports of her being unaccounted for when her car was discovered, the friends spent little time at WC's house because MC was there so infrequently. There appeared to be quite of bit of getting acquainted once MC went missing, though. I'm afraid that the night MC went missing there was limited information about friends provided by WC.

Also IIRC - if you notice there are only quotes in the newspaper from teenage friends, not family, while MC was missing or once she was located, except for a brief statement on the night of the vigil from RC. For what it's worth.

So sorry Hotma, It might just be me, but for us older folks, the orange font is tough on the eyes and hard to read, I appreciate your words but hard to see.. JMO..may be my computer?? Still way back more than 8 plus pages..

Hi Humswhatsup, I highlight it and it reads easily, a blue background with white letters!

Thanks Meslissa and Ajfa, I read that wrong and missed the word 'speck'. LOL I appreciate the correction.

The pics released by LE show MC's car is a 1997 Grand Prix SE. The SE model sports a bumper-mounted grill, whereas on the GT model the grill is mounted above the bumper.

I rarely see SE models (mid-atlantic region) ... not as many were sold compared to the GT.

In general, as in Red Pontiac Grand Prix - older model with spoiler. No attention paid to grill or features of specific models on this comment.

People have discussed the mother's bf. No one has discussed, much, the father, or his gf/fiancee.

I guess there's nothing to say about fiancee? Kinda like...no news is good news? Meaning she must be a fine woman and there's no need to have any questions about her or her family.

Gone Too Soon:

As a "girl," I don't know that I'd even notice specifics like grill placement and such. :)

~A message today from my local source~
This morning at about 9:30, I took a road trip to the Super Wash next to Dusty’s Drive Inn. I spoke to the attendant there. He was an older gentleman. I thought I would bring up the car wash rumor that has been circulating. He had NOT A CLUE about what I was talking about. I asked if he knew anything about someone that worked there saying they saw MC washing her car the day she disappeared. Not only did he say "no", he also said they have NO security cameras at any of the three Super Washes here in town. I mentioned this had been discussed on WS and he had never heard of it. He said that I could ask some of the attendants at the other Super Washes but he figured if somebody had actually seem MC that day and subsequently called it in to LE and was questioned, there would have been talk. He said not even the owners had ever mentioned it. So I would say there is about a 99% chance the car wash lead is FALSE.

I think he was going to go home and check websleuths though!…….

People have discussed the mother's bf. No one has discussed, much, the father, or his gf/fiancee.

I guess there's nothing to say about fiancee? Kinda like...no news is good news? Meaning she must be a fine woman and there's no need to have any questions about her or her family.

I've personally heard nothing but great things about RC and his fiancee.

I agree! We know nothing about this side of the family and his fiancee would have a jealousy motive,

Also, I can give firsthand backup to Gone Too Soon's statement that WC attend some Applettes events in the fall. Well, for at least one event. I greeted/shared a table with WC at the National Adoption Day event in Wenatchee, where the Applettes performed.

Anyone local out there with a scanner? I am curious why four squad cars went roaring through town toward Eaglerock at 4:40 this afternoon. I turned around and tried to find where they went...must have been up the hwy. One was a black and white police, the other 3 were the tan sedans. I was hoping and praying it was to arrest someone in MC's case. When will it happen?

Also, I can give firsthand backup to Gone Too Soon's statement that WC attend some Applettes events in the fall. Well, for at least one event. I greeted/shared a table with WC at the National Adoption Day event in Wenatchee, where the Applettes performed.

I went to the NAD event.

This morning at about 9:30, I took a road trip to the Super Wash next to Dusty’s Drive Inn. I spoke to the attendant there. He was an older gentleman. I thought I would bring up the car wash rumor that has been circulating. He had NOT A CLUE about what I was talking about.

Ok...let's guess the rumor is a real rumor, and MC likely did not go to the car wash. Why would two different people say she did?? Could they have been misinformed or could Killer have started that rumor?? Just wondering and guessing...no facts, here...

Ok...let's guess the rumor is a real rumor, and MC likely did not go to the car wash. Why would two different people say she did?? Could they have been misinformed or could Killer have started that rumor?? Just wondering and guessing...no facts, here...

IMO:
To try to remove evidence, the killer could have hosed the car off before leaving it at PC. That could account for the water seeping out of the spoiler area. Driving the car wet would attract the dust and mud that we've seen on it.

This morning at about 9:30, I took a road trip to the Super Wash next to Dusty’s Drive Inn. I spoke to the attendant there. He was an older gentleman. I thought I would bring up the car wash rumor that has been circulating. He had NOT A CLUE about what I was talking about. I asked if he knew anything about someone that worked there saying they saw MC washing her car the day she disappeared. Not only did he say "no", he also said they have NO security cameras at any of the three Super Washes here in town. I mentioned this had been discussed on WS and he had never heard of it. He said that I could ask some of the attendants at the other Super Washes but he figured if somebody had actually seem MC that day and subsequently called it in to LE and was questioned, there would have been talk. He said not even the owners had ever mentioned it. So I would say there is about a 99% chance the car wash lead is FALSE.

I think he was going to go home and check websleuths though!…….

INTERESTING!! H20skiier said that it was LE that was talking when this was overheard that there was a positive ID at the carwash (no mention of which one though) and the attendant confirmed that the passenger was a male under questioning by LE. Either the info is false, or there is a different carwash. or something. But then again I am able to let go of my baby theories when faced with different info!!! :cool:

ETA: I hope I am quoting H20skiier correctly here.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cecilgoodroe