WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except that the carwash info came from 2 independent sources

Yeah, that's right. So,either the man at the car wash really has no idea if MC was at the car wash. Or, he knows she was, and he can't share that information.

So, if she was not at the car wash, then why did the two members post that information? Where does the rumor come from?

It could be an alibi for a killer. He could say he was at the car wash and start that rumor.... so everyone believes he was in MC's car, at the car wash. Or, he could start a rumor that unknown passenger was in MC's car. The unknown stranger could be blamed for the crime...while Killer sits back and watches and listens.

My bet is on a garage code entry, Like I have stated before. Construction workers who need to gain access into the houses that they are working on use a very simple code, either the first 4 numbers or the reverse or the address of the house.

But if that is common knowledge, then could anyone just get in any house, using that simple code?

I don't think you are alone in hearing that. I also think people sometimes want a reason on why it can't happen to them to keep their peace of mind for themselves and their loved ones. I think Gone Too Soon said it best when she said we must remember that MC was a victim here.

Agreed. I mean no disrespect. Just stating a theory. In the context it was given, it was referring to the possible other boy theory.

I know you didn't hotmadre. I didn't either when I posted something yesterday. I think it is natural to wonder how this evil entered her life. Poor girl.

But if that is common knowledge, then could anyone just get in any house, using that simple code?

No usually the buyer will change the code, or when the home is finished the builder will change the code. If a bank owned property needs to have work done in the home they will give construction contractors permission to gain access to the home for bids and will give the construction co's the code that was changed either the previous owner or the builder. Same with the alarm if it activated. Mainly any brand new home that is still being worked on by the contractor will use those simple codes.
It is just a whole lot easier for all who need to enter the home while under construction, framers, plumbers, electric, drywallers, carpet and tile, finish carpentors and painters etc.

I also heard from my friend of LE. He said, "Let's just say MC isn't who we think she is." The statements from LE to my friend were never details about the case...just generalizations. I also posted earlier that when my friend asked if he should worry about his teenage daughter, he was told, "Only if she is hanging out with hispanic gang members." This was in the first week or so of the investigation, and theories may have changed. I am just stating what I heard from a second hand source. Apparently that was HIS opinion. Interesting, anyway.

I find it to be a little disheartening that LE would make racist statements like that.

I find it to be a little disheartening that LE would make racist statements like that.

Yes. Although I think it was being delivered to assure there WASN'T a crazed serial killer running around Wenatchee, and fingering a gang member boy as a main suspect. (NOT her current bf, JV.)
The friend I heard this from is a drinkin' buddy, kinda rough around the edges.

Yeah, that's right. So,either the man at the car wash really has no idea if MC was at the car wash. Or, he knows she was, and he can't share that information.

So, if she was not at the car wash, then why did the two members post that information? Where does the rumor come from?

It could be an alibi for a killer. He could say he was at the car wash and start that rumor.... so everyone believes he was in MC's car, at the car wash. Or, he could start a rumor that unknown passenger was in MC's car. The unknown stranger could be blamed for the crime...while Killer sits back and watches and listens.

It could be that the two people on this site both heard the same rumor? I had thought that same thing about the killer, or friend of perhaps, trying to steer us in a different direction with the car wash theory. IMHO, we need a little more substantiation before calling it anything more than a rumor.

Yes. Although I think it was being delivered to assure there WASN'T a crazed serial killer running around Wenatchee, and fingering a gang member boy as a main suspect. (NOT her current bf, JV.)

I know what you're saying and I know you were being respectful, as you always are. :)

I was more concerned with LE making a generalized statement about a particular race like that. I don't know the exact gang statistics for Wenatchee, but I just know that there are gangs of every race.

No usually the buyer will change the code, or when the home is finished the builder will change the code. If a bank owned property needs to have work done in the home they will give construction contractors permission to gain access to the home for bids and will give the construction co's the code that was changed either the previous owner or the builder. Same with the alarm if it activated. Mainly any brand new home that is still being worked on by the contractor will use those simple codes.
It is just a whole lot easier for all who need to enter the home while under construction, framers, plumbers, electric, drywallers, carpet and tile, finish carpentors and painters etc.

There's also a master Schlag key that builders and tradesmen use to get into homes under construction.

There's also a master Schlag key that builders and tradesmen use to get into homes under construction.

That is really scary! I know a local builder who just puts in cheapo working locks, and then trades them out for the homeowner's selection right at the end. Best way to do it, IMO.

This is so frustrating!!!! We keep going in circles.... Things keep coming up again that we have already gone over (not meaning any harm, I just think we are stuck). We need MEDIA! We need family to not be afraid to go speak out!

The LE! They will tell you in this valley not to talk!! I have had it happen! My daughter was 14 and a 20yr old took advantage of her (not a boyfriend). We think they used that date drug. Anyways...she lost it all of a sudden and blacked out, hitting her head. She woke up being raped!!! The minute she told me I called the police, and they did nothing (This guy’s father was a well known community member with money). The LE told me that he thought she was 16 so there was nothing they could do! Told me to keep quiet. I did not!!! A friend of mine called the guy and scared the **** out of him! The next day... the LE phoned me and said they would not even look at my case anymore because I stepped across the line. The LE here are politically bull****ting wrong!!!!

The LE threatens to keep quiet in this community!

My friend, her ex raped her child during a visit in Snohomish County (they live in Chelan County). The Chelan county LE seemed on it, but told her to be quiet. They said they were looking for him to take a lie detector test. She felt they were not looking for him. She called Snohomish County and told them of her concerns. They had no idea it happened!! They were pissed!! Then the next day the Chelan county sheriffs dept. calls her and tells her if she talks to anyone negative outside again they will not try to solve this case. She did not let up and contacted some WA state TV stations. The Chelan county LE ended up leaving the case unsolved, because they were pissed off!!!

FACT

I keep going back to these horrifying things you shared with us, ChelanCountyMom. Maybe I'm naive, but I always believed that LE is here to keep our communities safe and to somehow make this world a better place. This kind of corruption and game playing is incomprehensible!

That is messed up!

Yea, I sold real estate until 1991 and that is when it was so common and there were allot of expensive spec homes being built.

I think I have read most of the posts but missed where the speck house is. I read one post that mentioned Sunnyside, or something SS. It would be good to know where this house is and the relationship to the case without searching thru a whole thread :angel:

Yea, I sold real estate until 1991 and that is when it was so common and there were allot of expensive spec homes being built.

I think I have read most of the posts but missed where the speck house is. I read one post that mentioned Sunnyside, or something SS. It would be good to know where this house is and the relationship to the case without searching thru a whole thread :angel:

It is called the Sunnyslope area and it is the North end of town. I would say 6 miles from PC and 30 minutes from CB (these are estimates).

Here is a link to the spec. house. I believe this is the right one.http://www.century21.com/realestatelistings/Wenatchee-WA-98801-3635RidgeviewBlvd-35431858

:banghead: Thanks lol, and now it makes sense. Also about the lights being on. The house might not have an activated alarm system since it's vacant. Often they will leave on one or two lights thru the night for security measures. I know a few businesses here in Portland that do that too to discourage prowlers.

In general, as in Red Pontiac Grand Prix - older model with spoiler. No attention paid to grill or features of specific models on this comment.

I just want to say that you are truly the best asset that we've yet had in our Mackenzie threads. Thank you SO MUCH for all the first-hand information you're able to provide. I'm sure that there are some things that you do not wish to discuss. We won't be pushy about those things... just tell us "let's not go there."

Thank you again (!!!) for being here. I know you loved Mackenzie very much, and it must be really hard to answer questions from a bunch of people that you don't know and don't know their motives for asking those questions.

Most here are really good people, and you'll only have to tell us once if we're asking questions in an area that you don't want to discuss. Thanks again SO MUCH for being here.

I have added the spec house to the map in the timeline on page one of this thread. Anyone who hasn't looked at it, please do... gives you a feel of where everything is in relation to the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme