WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite possible MC was placed at CB sometime after February 9. I'm torn between the 9th and sometime after the 9th. Based upon the little info we have, it's nearly impossible to say which one with any degree of accuracy.

That said, based upon undisclosed information, I SPECULATE it was the 9th.

You teaser. Can you disclose anything? Any hints? Where you got the info?

Dale Saseen DID go missing on Wednesday, 2/10. The search did not go aireborne until Thursday, the 11th. Search and rescue were looking for TWO missing persons at the same time.
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/11/separate-searches-go-airborne-rescuers-comb/?online

I agree, except that how would the killer know another person was going to go missing the next day and there would be beaucoup air searches? Unless he anticipated air searches for Mackenzie. But for that matter he could have hid her up in those trees and not where her feet would slip out to bob in the water.

Yes. Although I think it was being delivered to assure there WASN'T a crazed serial killer running around Wenatchee, and fingering a gang member boy as a main suspect. (NOT her current bf, JV.)
The friend I heard this from is a drinkin' buddy, kinda rough around the edges.

Well, if this statement about the "Hispanic gang" done by LE officer was while JV was being questioned/harassed about a similar car to his at the Shari's restaurant after he had got done spending until almost 1 am up PC the night they found the car, they were treating JV as a suspect. The LE who repeated this "Hispanic gang" comment could have heard about this questioning of JV and done his own assumptions.

Also, remember, most of the LE you deal with on the street are out of the direct loop of real knowledge in this case - as they probably should be.

Of course, given as long as this case has gone on, they might have heard everything by now though - although maybe not?? We still haven't gotten too many solid rumors back of other cameras picking up MC, or a possible passenger? This is surprising to me. There are LOTS of cameras out there, and one of them has got to have MC on it, especially if she went from the beauty school, hung around downtown for 40 minutes, and then went down to the boat launch/PUD riverfront park where LE thinks she was at.

~A message today from my local source~
This morning at about 9:30, I took a road trip to the Super Wash next to Dusty’s Drive Inn. I spoke to the attendant there. He was an older gentleman. I thought I would bring up the car wash rumor that has been circulating. He had NOT A CLUE about what I was talking about. I asked if he knew anything about someone that worked there saying they saw MC washing her car the day she disappeared. Not only did he say "no", he also said they have NO security cameras at any of the three Super Washes here in town. I mentioned this had been discussed on WS and he had never heard of it. He said that I could ask some of the attendants at the other Super Washes but he figured if somebody had actually seem MC that day and subsequently called it in to LE and was questioned, there would have been talk. He said not even the owners had ever mentioned it. So I would say there is about a 99% chance the car wash lead is FALSE.

I think he was going to go home and check websleuths though!…….

I might agree ... but we must account for that LE / FBI might have instructed those interviewed to remain silent. How often does 'older gentlemen' frequent those other car washes?

Also, in this thread someone posted that MC's car wash would have been the the 'Pro' (I forget the exact name), not the establishments we've been discussing since a few threads back.

Either way ... there still are the water leaks from under the spoiler of MC's car. They have to be explained.

I made my usual bi-monthly check-up on the CB property on Tuesday. Every time I go there, I see something that I didn’t notice before.

As a result of today’s check-up, I’m pretty certain there was a blood-trail left in the brushy-area, i.e., along the Trail I mentioned previously.

To be clear, I didn’t see any blood. But LE’s evidence markers lead me to believe that LE was marking a blood-trail. And, by "blood trail,"' I mean blood drops. I don’t believe there is any other plausible explanation for the type of markers used, and the location of the markers.

Yes, the perp must have crossed on one of the two bridges in Wenatchee.

If the perp drove directly from PCR to CB, then the perp most likely used the south bridge.

Driving all the way from Wenatchee to CB with an alive hostage would be pretty risky because there are a lot of cars on the road from 4:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Not to mention LE cars.

Also, the south bridge was undergoing construction during that time (and currently). The bridge construction occurred from 6 or 7 p.m. until 4 or 5 a.m. During those hours, the south bridge was down to one lane. A vehicle attempting to cross the south bridge would likely be stalled for 10 to 20 minutes due to the construction.

I wouldn’t say it’s common for guys to wear cowboy boots.
Thanks for all that info Del rio, I agree with your thinking on that.

If it is a fact there was blood found in the house at CB then I think he drove there with her after they hooked up or met. And then he would take the North Bridge going into the hinterlands, so to speak, where he ditched the car.

I just read a comment on some article where the poster said the foot prints were from cowboy boots. Who knows and probably some RUMOR, but curious anyway. Because so many guys wear them there I'm sure they have made plaster casts of the prints to match up to a perp when they are ready, eh?

I might agree ... but we must account for that LE / FBI might have instructed those interviewed to remain silent. How often does 'older gentlemen' frequent those other car washes?

Also, in this thread someone posted that MC's car wash would have been the the 'Pro' (I forget the exact name), not the establishments we've been discussing since a few threads back.

Either way ... there still are the water leaks from under the spoiler of MC's car. They have to be explained.

The Jet Pro Auto Wash is located on Wenatchee Ave. as well, but there is not a self service drive through bay. You pay an attendant, stay in your car while it drives through the full series of rollers, brushes and soaps, and the attendants then towel dry your car. NOT at this location.
FYI, the older gentleman, if it is the same one I have encountered, has been at the Superwash on the corner of 5th St. for years. Keep in mind that the Superwashes in question are just a few blocks of each other, one on the East side of the street, and one on the West.
Both Superwashes have several bays for coin operated power wands to spray your car off your self, or a drive through bay with auto spray, and a blower as you drive out. Hope this helps clarify the type MC was rumored to be at. It is rumored she needed assistance with the pay station for the drive through service.

Customarily, the Superwashes have attendants that either scan your credit card or feed cash or a token in, and help select the level of wash you would like.

You teaser. Can you disclose anything? Any hints? Where you got the info?

I guess one could truthfully say from LE.

I'm somewhat dubious about disclosing specifics on this one because, IMO, it could possibly hinder LE's investigation and/or prosecution.

I completely agree that those are water leaks, and IMO that did come from a car wash. But how to reconcile that with two very strong rumors here?

1. That MC did not care about washing her car. We've heard that she saved what money she had for other things.

2. That the car wash attendant helped MC put dollars in the change machine. Well if MC was in trouble then, wouldn't she have asked for help or a 911 call at this point?

What if instead... the female at the car wash was not MC, but a female that looked somewhat like her? That would explain:

1. Why it didn't make sense for MC to be washing her car, because it wasn't her.

2. This could have been the perps washing evidence off the car.

3. This could have been the perps washing their new prize for a joy ride.

As awful as it is to consider, MC could have even been in the back seat or the trunk while this was going on, alive or not. JMO.

It's quite possible MC was placed at CB sometime after February 9. I'm torn between the 9th and sometime after the 9th. Based upon the little info we have, it's nearly impossible to say which one with any degree of accuracy.

That said, based upon undisclosed information, I SPECULATE it was the 9th.

If I knew the exact location of the body, and the flow of the river "water" is what "put" the body at that location, (that's the big IF, IMO), I believe, with a little trial and error, I could come up with two or three windows of time the body would have HAD to have been dropped off at the CB location - (Again that is IF the body was found in a location that the feet were in RIVER "water". Because if the feet were in "river" water on Saturday when found, the entire body I think would have been floating, (or almost floating) on late Wednesday evening - if it had been placed there before that time. It also would have been possibly floating, (but likely not quite), at a few other times up until around noon or a little after on Friday.

I'm still working on some more data from Rock Island Dam... will try to post soon.

In general, as in Red Pontiac Grand Prix - older model with spoiler. No attention paid to grill or features of specific models on this comment.

All 1997 through to 2008 have the spoiler - a 'standard' feature after only a brief period in 1997 when it was an option, and I am not sure if any were sold without it.

... we might expect most if not all those other similar vehicles in the Wenatchee area do not have a cracked windshield and a broken, parked-at-mid-travel wiper arm.

At least when viewing from the general front, I should think the noticable differences are enough to identify as being MC's car. As someone from the area recently posted, paraphrasing, 'it was just one of those silly things you see, and say ... THAT CAR is Mackenzie's!'.

I guess one could truthfully say from LE.

I'm somewhat dubious about disclosing specifics on this one because, IMO, it could possibly hinder LE's investigation and/or prosecution.

I fully support that decision. Discretion is probably the best policy for certain information. Can you speculate if they are getting any closer to an arrest?

Hey, Alt., I noticed something new yesterday at the CB property. It made your primary theory regarding the location of MC's body more probable, IMO.

Thanks... maybe I will stop crunching all these Dam numbers because it's not my number one theory anyway.

(The Dam in this case is now Rock Island stats)

After finally getting caught up, I would like to throw out a few thoughts.

-To those who would suggest that LE is corrupt/inept/money-grubbing; please review the basis for those posts. I suspect that we have all had a bad encounter at EVERY level of government and a few with private companies wehre the 'customer is king'. Be tolerant and think of the postive contacts. I know that I ahve had several not so pleasant experiences in my life (my own doing, of course!) but I have also had several excellent experiences as well.

-We, as a group, seem to have stopped thinking and posting plausable theories. I have been reading and re-reading posts with theories and mentally reviewing them. I think that we have some really good, sound and logical theories out there. I would like to see a few more.

-Video Cameras. The concept that every camera is aimed at a specific location and recording a quality image for perpetuity. This thought is not limited to this thread but seems to be an urban legend. Having had the chance to review video and the still images some cameras generate, let me cast some light on that. Specifically, several posts discussed the cameras at the Shell station covering the car wash. Stick with me here. If you owned the Shell Station, do you care about the car wash? I submit that you would not. You would care about the people trying to steal gas from your pumps. Even thought the body of the camera LOOKS like it is aimed in a manner that would provide coverage, the camera lens is aimed to prevent loss of that particular businesses assets. Employee theft remains the biggest loss to a business and the cameras are aimed to prevent it or capture it. Food for thought as we move forward on this case.

Wow. It got late in a hurry!

I fully support that decision. Discretion is probably the best policy for certain information. Can you speculate if they are getting any closer to an arrest?

I strongly believe LE knows who did this and have for a long time. I SPECULATE that LE has not made an arrest yet due to multiple "complications".

I've been pretty free with my info thus far. I have a gut feeling that I should not make this one public for awhile.

Well, if this statement about the "Hispanic gang" done by LE officer was while JV was being questioned/harassed about a similar car to his at the Shari's restaurant after he had got done spending until almost 1 am up PC the night they found the car, they were treating JV as a suspect. The LE who repeated this "Hispanic gang" comment could have heard about this questioning of JV and done his own assumptions.

Also, remember, most of the LE you deal with on the street are out of the direct loop of real knowledge in this case - as they probably should be.

Of course, given as long as this case has gone on, they might have heard everything by now though - although maybe not?? We still haven't gotten too many solid rumors back of other cameras picking up MC, or a possible passenger? This is surprising to me. There are LOTS of cameras out there, and one of them has got to have MC on it, especially if she went from the beauty school, hung around downtown for 40 minutes, and then went down to the boat launch/PUD riverfront park where LE thinks she was at.

Question: Why is Customs and Immigration on this case, and why is LE stating that it is not an immigration issue?
I know the gang theory has been discussed, and seems to be tossed to the wayside. WHY C I E ?

I strongly believe LE knows who did this and have for a long time. I SPECULATE that LE has not made an arrest yet due to multiple "complications".

I've been pretty free with my info thus far. I have a gut feeling that I should not make this one public for awhile.

By "complications" do you mean more than one perp?

Question: Why is Customs and Immigration on this case, and why is LE stating that it is not an immigration issue?
I know the gang theory has been discussed, and seems to be tossed to the wayside. WHY C I E ?

Maybe we're way off base and there is an immigration issue? Or maybe they're just helping as in more people to help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeniseD