WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting connection, but the rumor says 4 miles UP from where MC's car was found...South end of Wenatchee. HWY2, Cashmere, is about 25 minutes from that area.

Yes, I knew it was unrelated but interesting coincidence with the bright light.

Can anybody verify whether or not WC and/or JF own a red Toyota P/U or a black GMC Sierra P/U?

Did you swing up Eaglerock after the spec. house? I can confirm WC has a smaller burgandy/red truck..possibly Toyota, older model AND a black larger size truck, most likely GMC. Both were in her driveway LAST night, so she is back from her Easter visit with the boys. The smaller truck she has had forever, maybe 8 or 10 years. The black one is several years old as well, and the one that she drives most of the time. That is the truck she drove out of town. The red one stayed home in the driveway from MC's birthday, until the Easter weekend was over. Sorry I am not good with car make and models. When I see them again, I will confirm.

Can anybody verify whether or not WC and/or JF own a red Toyota P/U or a black GMC Sierra P/U?

I think WC has GMC Seirra P/U kind of tricked out. I'd have to see a generic picture of one to verify.

Del, do tell, is there something to share of note on the trucks?

5th St. Superwash photos:

View 1-Shows the exterior, just for an idea of the type of car wash.

View 2-Shows the view from inside the wash bay, looking out on a professional building. I did not see any cameras. Only the exit drive is between the professional building and the exit of the wash.

In my opinion, way too visible for privacy to incapacitate, murder, drug deal, or anything of that nature. IF the car wash rumor is true, then I believe it would only be for removal of evidence.

Thanks for the pics hotmadre! I've been trying to figure out exactly which kind of car wash we are talking about. From your pics it looks like it's the kind that you wash your own car in the stalls. From the way it was being described before, (at least the way I understood it :crazy:) I was thinking it was the kind that pulls your car through..does that make any sense, lol? If it is the 'wash your own' with hand-held nozzles, brushes kind of stall ones, I do have to say that while I have no idea whether drugs were involved here or not, I have an ex that used these car washes ALL the time to use his drugs. He would score and an addict can not wait to get to wherever they're going to use and car-washes provided enough privacy for long enough I guess.. sad but true :(..

My car is clean. I actually went to BOTH Superwash locations, and checked for privacy, camera visablity, and hoping to confirm/deny the car wash rumor once and for all.

My opinion: The car wash was NOT used for privacy. Both locations have wide open stalls from front and rear access doors. If it were a privacy issue for a drug deal, or to disable MC, then they could have gone to the car wash by the Easy Street Fire Station. This location has access doors that open when you pay, close behind as you drive in, and open for exit when the car wash cycle is done.

I took pictures of both locations, and I also gassed up at the Shell station with security cameras. Only one camera is remotely pointing at Superwash, and would most likely be so far away that only the driving in of MC's car could be verified, not identity of passenger confirmation.

I am off to get my lap top, and download the car wash pix.

I agree. I drove by both of them myself today and those were my thoughts. Now, there is a Java Dog carwash right at the bottom of Easy street. Could she have possibly picked somebody up at her mother's real estate office and stopped at that car wash on the way up to the spec house? There wasn't an attendant there when I stopped or I would have sleuthed him/her! There is another Java Dog car wash on Mission st. just before the Super Wash, but it's the same thing. The one on Easy street is a bit more off the beaten path, though, and on the way up to the spec house.
Just thinkin out loud.

I agree. I drove by both of them myself today and those were my thoughts. Now, there is a Java Dog carwash right at the bottom of Easy street. Could she have possibly picked somebody up at her mother's real estate office and stopped at that car wash on the way up to the spec house? There wasn't an attendant there when I stopped or I would have sleuthed him/her! There is another Java Dog car wash on Mission st. just before the Super Wash, but it's the same thing. The one on Easy street is a bit more off the beaten path, though, and on the way up to the spec house.
Just thinkin out loud.

The car wash near Java Dog doesn't ever have an attendant that I have seen, which is part of the rumor. This is the location I referred to that DOES have doors that open and close upon entry and exit. Definitely more private.

Thanks for the pics hotmadre! I've been trying to figure out exactly which kind of car wash we are talking about. From your pics it looks like it's the kind that you wash your own car in the stalls. From the way it was being described before, (at least the way I understood it :crazy:) I was thinking it was the kind that pulls your car through..does that make any sense, lol? If it is the 'wash your own' with hand-held nozzles, brushes kind of stall ones, I do have to say that while I have no idea whether drugs were involved here or not, I have an ex that used these car washes ALL the time to use his drugs. He would score and an addict can not wait to get to wherever they're going to use and car-washes provided enough privacy for long enough I guess.. sad but true :(..

Just to clarify, these Superwash locations BOTH have several bays of car washes that are the wash your own, with hand held nozzles, AND they each have 2 bays of the automated kind, where a bar spins around the top of your car and goes through wash, wax and rinse cycles. The attendant comes out to assist with the payment at the entrance. You can scan a credit card, or enter cash, or paper tokens, and then select the car wash level you want. Hope this helps...so MC, IF she went to the wash, was supposed to have chosen this automated wash.

I drove past the spec house a little bit before dark this evening but after you. I saw lights on in two different rooms: an upstairs and a downstairs room.

So we might assume that there are lights on automatic timers...

Robbin Wagg is a Douglas County Sheriff Detective

just catching up but I believe his title is chief criminal investigator for Douglas County

and I now see that has been clarified multiple times..... DOH!

Just thinkin out loud.
I believe the Jaja Dog on easy st has surveillance.
I know the owner and will conform.

Just to clarify, these Superwash locations BOTH have several bays of car washes that are the wash your own, with hand held nozzles, AND they each have 2 bays of the automated kind, where a bar spins around the top of your car and goes through wash, wax and rinse cycles. The attendant comes out to assist with the payment at the entrance. You can scan a credit card, or enter cash, or paper tokens, and then select the car wash level you want. Hope this helps...so MC, IF she went to the wash, was supposed to have chosen this automated wash.

"........ these are very complex cases to investigate, especially WHEN WE DON'T HAVE WITNESSES, obviously our only witness is Macenzie Cowell who is dead ,but as we look into these things, evidence that we LOOK at is our witness to some degree.....so I think they have interviewed over 600 people now who may have something or know something through this process...... We are NOT PREPARED TO IDENTIFY ANYBODY OF INTEREST YET OR A SUSPECT BUT thats just part of theses investigations..."

Thots:
1) Dont have any witnesses, except for Mackenie Cowell. IMO This sounds like LE may believe there was only one murderer? That kinda rules out a gang theory to me...IDK

2) If MC is the only other witness, 'but as we look into these things, evidence that we LOOK at is our witness to some degree.....', sounds like this may ellude to MC's autopsy. Just thinking aloud......

**There was one more RUMOR I heard early on, right after MC's body was discovered. Again, it is one that I cannot put much wieght into cuz I CANNOT REMEMBER WERE I HEARD IT! I m losing my mind:banghead:- I heard there was a sheetock knife used on her, and it may have been stuck in her still....Sorry that is graphic, I have waited to say anything for both of the reasons I listed above. But, somene mentioned tonight that the thought LE may have possibly rcovered the murderweapon- or one of them? So I thougt I'd throw it out there..
Has anyone else heard this?..... AGAIN JUST RUMOR

"pufnstuf

I'm not asking this in relation to the MC case... I'm just curious.

Say you're canoeing on the Columbia in this area. Since all of that property frontage at 156 is PUD property, could you legally pull out and camp at that frontage?

Next question....would it be crazy to canoe the Columbia in that area?
"

I'm quite sure I did this wrong, but trying to answer puf's question, as far as I know, the land along the river is all public access, it is perfectly ok for you to pull your boat up to the shore and set out your picnic area. Overnight camping I really don't know about. And no it would not be crazy to canoe in the river in that area. It is quite nice actually, along the campground, past the 156 property, up along the nicer homes further up river. Hope that helps!

Thanks, Idon'tknow. The area around Wenatchee is really pretty. If I ever travel to the PNW, I'm definitely going to visit that stretch of the Columbia. Seems so serene.

(By the way, do you live in a van down by the RIVERRRRR? :p )

I am as frustrated as anybody but I do get it.

I believe LE knows WHO did it, I believe LE knows HOW they did it, I even believe LE my know WHY they did it.

I also believe that everything they have is based on circumstantial evidece. You can get a conviction based on that but you better have alot of it.

My hope is, thats all we are waitin on

Thanks, Idon'tknow. The area around Wenatchee is really pretty. If I ever travel to the PNW, I'm definitely going to visit that stretch of the Columbia. Seems so serene.

(By the way, do you live in a van down by the RIVERRRRR? :p )

I know its off topic, but a Matt Foley reference is classic! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member