WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
mysterious letters? :waitasec:
Mackenzie Cowell's body was found near a house at 156 Crescent Bar Rd. In the yard of that house, a Web Sleuth member photographed what looked liked letters and/or numbers, spraypainted on the grass. No one was ever sure what it was.

I asked my granddaughter since she knew her and yes that is her, back row, second from left. Also the twins are together front row, 1 and 2 on left.

I am hoping there will be an arrest by July 9, 2010....the five month date.

:cop: :detective: :behindbar: :gavel:

I am hoping there will be an arrest by July 9, 2010....the five month date.

:cop: :detective: :behindbar: :gavel:
I hope and pray you are right
This is an interesting, off topic, news item from the online edition of The Wenatchee World:
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/jul/04/highway-28-closed-near-rock-island/
Interesting because, a while back, some ordinary folks;sleuthers, Not law enforcement, expressed an interest in "Spanish Castle";an isolated site on the Columbia River, , enroute to Crescent Bar,along state highway 28, where a 500 million dollar real estate project has been proposed http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0199-6947710/658-acre-resort-proposed-Spanish.html, as possibly having some significance in Mac's case.

Scooped again! Seattle always beats Wenatchee to the story. This is not in the dear old WW this morning. Was not Riverfront Park one of the last places Mac was documented to have been on the 9th; the day she vanished? Reading this, :http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=174&sid=339665, I, wondered if those involved in mac's murder have begun turning against one another?

Scooped again! Seattle always beats Wenatchee to the story. This is not in the dear old WW this morning. Was not Riverfront Park one of the last places Mac was documented to have been on the 9th; the day she vanished? Reading this, :http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=174&sid=339665, I, wondered if those involved in mac's murder have begun turning against one another?

Man died of stroke; most likely not related to Mackenzie's death.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/jul/07/police-identify-body-found-near-boat-launch/

5 long months today. Let's all hope Nancee is right and a killer is caught today.

Maybe they won't catch the killer or killers. It is very disturbing. I must watch too much TV and think it is easier to find evidence than it really is.......or did the law wait too long and it was no longer viable???

The individual(s) responsible for this heinous crime will be punished, in one way or another. The police know who did this and it is only a matter of time. Meanwhile, the individual, while they may think that they got away with it, it is only a matter of time. Maybe the nightmares have not started, but they will. When they do there will be no hiding. Remember you friends when you are setting in the court room. Remember how they said that they would keep your secret as they testify against you for immunity.

Bad dreams...when you wake up from those bad dreams and you hear the door to your room opening, pray that it is the State Patrol and not the County Sheriff. All sorts of accidents can happen at the county level and I assure you they can be covered up real well. Your chances of survival, turning yourself in at the State Patrol office are much greater than waiting for some hotshot detective coming to your home. There are other options, someone else could find out what you did. Who knows what would happen in that situation?

Turn yourself in before the unknown happens, the State Patrol office is the safest place for you.

Saw a SWAT truck heading north on Wenatchee Ave last night. Checked the jail roster this morning and it won't update. Do you think this could be a sign. I sure hope so.:praying:

IMO this will be solved, but not for years to come. I think the people that did this to her are peers - after they grow up and lose touch with each other, guilty consciences of those that know about it but weren't involved (a gf or something) will get them to confess they know what happened.

This exact thing happened near me - don't know how "big" it was nationally but it was big around here. A while ago in Palatine, IL an entire crew of workers at a Brown's Chicken were shot and left in the freezer. The murderer's girlfriend (now ex) eventually came around and told LE who dunit.

I just heard on KPQ radio station that they are releasing the type of knife usedon Mack. Was sold at Stan's and given out as prizes at 5T's at some time. They are going to put a picture on their website of what it looks like. It is in some sort of set.

KPQ News
In an effort to develop leads that may lead to an arrest, officials with the MacKenzie Cowell Homicide Task Force have disclosed a key piece of information not previously released. The type of knife used in the teen's slaying. We will have photos up on our web site soon. Task Force Spokesman, Captain Doug Jones with the Wenatchee Police Department says investigators met last week with investigators with the State Attorney General's Office Homicide Investigation Tracking System, or HITS unit, and other experienced investigators from the FBI, law enforcement agencies around the state and the State Crime Lab. One recommendation was to disclose a key piece of information not previsously released. Photos of a knife set from which a knife used in the homicide originated from. Jones says the knife was only sold as part of a sportsman cutlery set. The set is manufactured by Maxum and has a unique black and grey handle. In the Wenatchee area, the set was only sold at Stans Merry Mart on South Wenatchee Avenue in the last couple of years. Two sets were also given away at 5-T's restaurant and Lounge in East Wenatchee as a pull tab prize. Jones says investigators have interviewed several subjects related to the tip and are still attempting to locate others who may have additional information. Jones says to date, the information obtained from interviews has not lead to an arrest or positive identification of a suspect. Two reward funds for information leading to the arrest and/or prosecution of the person or persons responsible for MacKenzie's murder remain in place. Those who wish to remain anonymous may contact the Crime Stoppers line at 888-4280 between 7am and 5p.m Monday through Thursday. That reward fund is up to seven thousand dollars.

100715_cowell_knife.jpg

A knife from this type of sportsman cutlery set was used to kill 17-year-old Mackenzie Cowell of Wenatchee.

100715_cowell_knife_3.jpg

http://www.komonews.com/news/98522269.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members