WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Warrant

Keep in mind, when the police are creating these search warrants, they are in the process of convincing a judge that they have a good reason and are experts in their field.

When I first read the search warrant it reminded me of a cover letter on a resume. The officer is placing their best foot forward and trying to show that they are qualified. Also, I believe that they would note everything they found, trying to establish times, dates, POI, etc…. The shard of glass could be from the abduction or even death of MC or they could be some unrelated event that the officer noted.

At this point, the search warrant provides more questions than answers.

Chuck, I'm only saying glass chard could have been transferred to car via this scenario.
LOI also had wash car tickets, Check for school fine bill (if I remember right) which would not be at
2395 Pitchard Canyon Rd
156 Cresant Bar Rd.
So why would the glass chard necessarily come from above addresses?
Also, as far as I know, what was or wasn't found at the family home( LOL) would not be mentioned on this doc. Just my thinking

"@ home - LOI recovery" was entered on only one line in the seizure record: the "glass chards [sic]" entry.

Other items retrieved from the vehicle, except the "glass chards [sic]" and "Misc. Notebook's, papers etc.." entries, are identified as being retrieved from a specific location within the vehicle, i.e.: "Floor rear driver side", etc.

There is only one (body) 'recovery' location: 156 Crescent Bar Road.

bbm

*respectfully snipped*

Let's also note the following items are NOT listed on that particular seizure record:
  • Clothing
  • Purse / Content
  • Keys
Are those items listed on a separate record? If so, why?

I think this may be an important observation. I noticed this myself. It leads me to believe there is an evidence list or two we are not privy to.

Why would law enforcement not want those items listed on a public record when even an Auto Mocha card was? Was it because only the killer would know they were there? I agree it is a very important observation that those items were not listed on that particular record.The reason they were not included could answer many questions, I think. Very Intriguing

There is the autopsy, which, I trust, was a Forensic Autopsy. There would be a list of evidence from the autopsy. Not knowing the sequence of injuries to Mackenzie, if she had time to resist her assailant, there might be dna under her nails. We were told she was not sexually assaulted, Thank God!, but dna can be transferred many ways. The despicable creep who did this probably left his or her calling card all over this innocent child. Your days are numbered.

There is the autopsy, which, I trust, was a Forensic Autopsy. There would be a list of evidence from the autopsy. Not knowing the sequence of injuries to Mackenzie, if she had time to resist her assailant, there might be dna under her nails. We were told she was not sexually assaulted, Thank God!, but dna can be transferred many ways. The despicable creep who did this probably left his or her calling card all over this innocent child. Your days are numbered, Creep.

As far as I know, the *full autopsy report* was never released. The COD was released, but I suspect even that release was incomplete.

All we think we know is, MC:
  • .. sustained a head injury.
  • .. was strangled.
  • .. was stabbed in the neck.
No other injury descriptions were released. As for order of occurrence, that was not revealed. Pre- or post-mortum? Also not revealed.

We also do not know if this was a crime of emotional involvement (someone MC knew) or of detached anger (unknown).

This is my working theory as of today, it's subject to tweaking but from where things stand at this moment in time; this is how IMOO things may have played out the day MC was murdered.

Mackenzie goes to the boat ramp to meet a friend and pick them up. There is a purpose to this and it was pre-arranged in person earlier morning at or around the highschool. I believe it was a "mission of mercy" sort of thing, such as a friend who needs to go pick up a car they left out in the boonies after a party the night before or something of that nature; use your imagination. Maybe they weren't specific about where the car was (hence the normal 15 minute break procedures), but in any case MC is hooked in now and will do the right thing by her friend and take them where they need to go.

The person(s) MC picks up directs her to a turn out just off the highway in CB. (The one searched by LE that is up the road from the CB house where MC's body was found) After arriving at the turnout and driving for a minute MC realizes there is no car out here and starts to get a little leery. The person insists it was here and asks her to pull over so they can... again use you imagination... use their phone, pee on a bush, get their bearings, have a smoke... MC joins them outside of the vehicle while they use their phone. While there another car pulls in behind them. MC becomes even more apprehensive at this point. Out of the second car comes a person she has been having some issues with lately, they have been threatening her, or maybe there was just something about MC that made them angry and jealous. This person is also IMOO a friend of the person who convinced her to drive to CB that day. So yes, I believe it was setup and that two people were involved.

There is a confrontation. Two against one. MC tries to get to her car, but they keep blocking her way, pushing her around. She is starting to get frightened. She looks around, there's lights down the hill in the distance, the nearest house doesn't look too far away and it looks like someone is home. She decides to make a run for it. She doesn't get all the way there but gets close. On the way down the hill she is making a ton of noise, the perp is thinking about giving up the chase when she slips, falls and hits her head falling silent and limp on the hillside above the CB home. Perp 1 is shocked by this turn of events, and sees that it's almost dark now and there are people bound to be coming home from work and driving down this road any time. Just now Perp 2 pulls the car up beside the hill, and runs up to help Perp 1 load MC into their car (important: Perps car was used here, not MC's)

They are just starting down the road when MC begins stirring, they see a driveway coming up and decide to duck down it real quick to turn around and go back to the turnout. They realize that this house is empty and for sale and the perfect opportunity. With MC's car out of sight up the road at the turnout they have a little time to figure out what to do. One of the perps; I'm guessing the perp that met them out at the turn out is getting angry about the whole situation, they were just going to scare/talk to/reason with her, now it's turned into much more. The perp starts choking her, they doesn't stop until she seems to stop breathing. With the help of the other perp MC is pulled from the car and laid next to it. She is dragged down the drive, down the hill, through a creek they didn't see in the quickly fading light to the bank of the (currently high water) Columbia River.

Perhaps now with the cold water and the frigid air is where she makes one last gasp for life and the perp makes a frantic trip back to the car, fishes around in their trunk, finds their fishing gear, grabs a knife and just punctures a main vein in her neck. I believe the killer has fishing experience beyond owning the knife set, puncturing veins in the neck is a hunter/fishermans way of bleeding out their kills. It may have been the perps assurance that MC was indeed really dead. In a panic about what they have done and what is still to be done if they want to clean this up, the perp throws the knife into the Columbia, not realizing that the river is at the highest point right now and that fifteen foot throw will not be enough to distance the knife from the location of the victim. Perhaps they were even hoping the river was low and eventually the water would rise and wash MC's body downriver.

The killer and accomplice go back up the hill, get in the car and drive back to the turnout. One of them takes MC's car and the other follows. They ditch it up PCR because it's not too far from one of their houses, it IS far away from the crime scene, and if they take the debit card etc, it might throw people off for a few days... maybe they will think MC left on her own.

I can't pretend to know WHY these monsters did what they did, but this is HOW I think it may have gone down, at least from what I have garnered over these last few months...

and of course all of this is very respecfully IMOO

I wonder ... did MC have that knife set in her car?

Is the remainder of the set (minus that used in this crime, as located near the body or turnout) missing since the murder?

I wonder ... did MC have that knife set in her car?

Is the remainder of the set (minus that used in this crime, as located near the body or turnout) missing since the murder?
"Missing? from where?

"Missing? from where?

I'm only speculating:

What if the knife set was in MC's car, and the murderer used a knife from the set and took the set because of fingerprints?

Of course, we might assume the murderer's fingerprints might be found on the knife recovered from the scene so why leave that behind?

I have not read any reports that indicate glass was found in MC's hair, and it is not clear if glass was actually retrieved from her car.

This is only inventory item I've seen referencing glass:
"13. unkn. # glass chards [sic] from kitchen counter @ home - LOI recovery"

That item is listed on the vehicle evidence retrieval form, dated 02/17/2010, 4 days after MC's body was recovered from the Crescent Bar property.

Is LE referring to the Crescent Bar house inside kitchen or outside patio counter or, is LE referring to the property where MC's vehicle was discovered?

Hmmmm ...

Do you have a link please to this evidence retrieval document? TIA

I think this is the one, for the property seizure record of stuff from Mac's car. No one knows what LE meant by choosing to write as they did on this record, such as including some items, omitting others.inconsistent descriptions, the whole glass business;shards, chards, front seat, back seat, ?? I think they made it fuzzy on purpose. MOO

Attachments

• Cowell Property Seizure Record.jpg
    Cowell Property Seizure Record.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 36
The attached 'side-by-side' pic shows the kitchen location as viewed from the outside and as viewed from inside 156 Crescent Bar Road.

The left-side pic was taken just after the structure and landscaping were completed after initial construction.

The right-side pic was taken in late 2009 or early 2010, by a real estate agent / photog.

I've circled the matching window and door combination, from outside and inside perspectives. The garage is located at the opposite end of the structure.

It is a sunken-floor kitchen. A floor transition over which one could trip head-first on to the edge of the counter? On which area(s) of her skull did MC sustain blunt force trauma?

The bottle on the kitchen counter might either have been placed by a real estate agent for sales walk-through staging or was a leftover from previous occupants, or who knows. Note that other 'real estate agent' pics of the interior house do not reveal staged furniture except the bar stools we see in the attached pic.

A thought crossed my mind ... a real estate agent might have placed the bottle for in the event of a sale closure, the agent and client could 'pop the cork' in celebration? But, why no drinking glasses staged, as well?

We might assume the bottle was in place (as we see it in the pic) the day MC went missing since the house had not yet been sold.

"Glass chards [sic] from kitchen counter" makes sense if we assume one of the windows was broken to gain entrance to the house, or was broken to gain access to take something from the counter, or was broken during a struggle (inside or outside). Or it was broken by vandals.

Or, the glass chards [sic] could have been the result of the bottle having been broken during a struggle?

Or, perhaps there were no broken windows, no broken bottle and no broken glass?

A possibility is MC was kidnapped in her own vehicle / taken directly to 156 Crescent Bar Road, where she was murdered during a struggle. After the murder, the perp drove MC's car back toward Wenatchie but stopped in the now-infamous 'turnout' area, because it was slightly off the beaten path, and threw something from the vehicle so as not to have it in the vehicle when driving through Wenatchie then returned to the main road and proceeded to Pitcher Canyon Road.

Attachments

• 156CrescentBar_kitchen_01.jpg
    156CrescentBar_kitchen_01.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 50
I find it interesting that other than the Food Pavilion receipt, the Target and Jet Pro receipts are not dated; and the location of the glass shards -- front/back, passenger/driver -- are not identified. If the glass is from the CB home the implication is that MC was brought there first and then the car was taken to PC and abandoned. Also, if the glass was found on the driver's side it supports a one POI theory, if on the passenger side a two POI theory and if in the back seat area a 3-4 POI theory.

Unfortunately, the only thing that WSs know for certain about the shards is that they found their way into MCs car, either by MC or a POI. We don't know whose kitchen counter they originated from, but if it is from CB, then it places a POI there before he/she helped to abandon MCs car.

Finally, if MC were transported to the CB house on the day of her disappearance, and the CB home was not the site of the murder, then the murder either took place somewhere between Wenatchee and CB, or it took place at some later time. But if it occurred at some later date, why would the POI(s) take her from the house to do it?

To me, it is so annoying that a police officer chose to say the bits of glass were from a kitchen counter "@ home" The only reasonable inference IMO, that can be drawn from that is that they were from Mackenzie's home. Otherwise, why not leave that part out? No one knows specifically, and LE has not said which "home" but, we've heard some interesting what ifs

I noticed something right after MC’s body was discovered. One of the videos from CB shows the end of the CB home that can be seen driving down the hill toward CB appeared to be dark. At first I thought that window appeared to be broken out. Later I just dismissed this as an illusion, because the blind had been closed in an earlier picture I viewed.

This is just speculation: This window would be near the kitchen, I believe. Could access to the home had been gained through this window and that the glass on the kitchen counters have been from that window? This window would be one of the most hidden window at the home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daniellelacy