WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason why LE did not release the knife information early on:
  • LE did not want the murderer to know they had retrieved the knife. LE believed if the murderer was not aware LE had recovered the knife that s/he would feel more comfortable with retaining the set, even though it would then at least be missing the 'murder weapon' knife.
I'm must say, that is Ridiculous, with a capital R.

Did LE believe the murderer, no longer in possession of the murder weapon, would believe LE had not retrieved the knife from the recovery site?

Perhaps LE thought the murderer would not want to dispose of even a then-incomplete set so as not to draw suspicion or because s/he had an emotional attachment to the set?

I am not sure I could be convinced the murderer would have retained a set container that would be missing an item that was used in a murder, reegardless of whether or not s/he believed LE had retrieved the item.

Forget the 'souvenir' angle ... the murderer more likely would have retained the knife, not the set from whence it came.

It is possible the murderer stole a knife or used a knife that no one except perhaps accomplices would know s/he owned.

It also is possible LE did not retrieve the knife from the recovery site as claimed but from another location that perhaps only the murderer would know ... and LE believed the murderer believed s/he had so successfully disposed of the item that there was no way they would assume LE would locate it.

Nah ... a simpler scenario is mot likely the true scenario.

In short, the knife information should have been released concurrent with the news of recovery of MC's body.
If the murderer realized, too late, he/she had not disposed of the knife in a way in which LE would never find it, might they not have made repeated visits to the scene in hopes of retrieving the knife? I wonder if LE had surveillance there for awhile. Also, LE could have found it early on. I remember the first crime scene photos, showing the yellow taped path to the river, with a rectangle shaped area, about 30 feet long, about three feet into the water, taped off which was where Mackenzie was found,I think. Perhaps the knife was found near herbody. As carefully planned as this murder was, the knife was likely stolen from someone like a close friend or family member, even an employer;MOO who should be missing it the next fishing or hunting trip, MOO I hope this person, whoever they are will immediately call the Wenatchee Police Department Rivercom:663-9911, and report the loss. Their report might catch a killer.
The reward for being a good citizen and doing the right thing is $ 47, 000.

Interesting, from a reporter who should know. Is it worth a complaint to the Attorney General that local LE makes statements to the press, in the middle of a murder investigation, that they don't communicate with one another? Even if true, such petty BS has no place in the media, certainly not in the investigation into a young girl's brutal murder. SHAME! Get your acts together or turn it over to someone who can.

What I think is a shame is that the in-fighting gets as much press coverage as the fact that MC's killer STILL has not been brought to justice.

Speculation: this is starting to sound like someone who may have been in an organization with MC. Maybe someone who was jealous of her? It also sound like they may have miss lead police by providing false information to lead police down the wrong road. Did not someone give false info about a, Tacoma boy?

I agree, Tacoma boy seems to have vanished along with the guy from Brewster."organization"? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. let's see, what, if any organizations was Mackenzie involved with?Jealousy will prove a big component to motive when it all sorts out, I think. That's one area we've not heard much from LE. Some one (s) jealous of Mackenzie, or who felt an injury--real--or imagined-- might have thought they had sufficent reason. I keep bumping into phrases like, "whoever did this was very smart", when I wander among junior posters on certain sites.

Something is rotten in Wenatchee. When an arrest is made MC's family will be more at rest; however, another family, if not several families, are going to be walking down a long road of disappointment. An arrest in this case is going to hurt. It would be nice if those responsible would turn themselves in and save their families a lot of heartache. For once think about someone else, about what you did and about MC and turn yourself in. It is the best route for you and your family.

Sorry! Just now saying thank you for answering my questions to B buzz and YOJO.

Back to some ideas from a week or so ago. The car was searched twice, right??? Did they find the glass the first time??? Just curious........Just a thought...

Back to some ideas from a week or so ago. The car was searched twice, right??? Did they find the glass the first time??? Just curious........Just a thought...
It was searched twice, officialy. It's kind of hard to believe the responding LE the evening of the 9th didn't do a brief, cursory inspection. Was the car towed that evening?
No one knows how long the car sat empty from the moment Mac and her abductor/murderer left it.I have speculated Mac's bft;blunt force trauma came about when the bad guy and Mac get out of the car,after arriving in PC; he, holding his empty beer bottle;she, reaching back in for her phone?, when he seizes the moment and smashes the bottle down onto Mac's head. She collapses. The accomplice arrives. He carries her to the waiting car. Off to CB to finish the murder. just another idea to bounce around Speculation MOO

Cowell case requires careful handing of news
By Dennis Johnson and Ken Stanton
Tuesday, August 10, 2010

We have recently reviewed The Wenatchee World article from Aug. 5 in regards to the ongoing criminal investigation involving the tragic death of Mackenzie Cowell in early February. Our prayers and continued support go out to the Cowell family as this investigation progresses.

We understand the information obtained for this article was the result of an Editorial Board interview of the three candidates running for Chelan County sheriff.

More at link...
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/aug/10/cowell-case-requires-careful-handing-of-news/

:banghead:Another thought.....if the glass wasn't noticed the first time..... the LOI could have been CB since they didn't have a body during the first search ....what home would they have been referring to? If glass was discover during the second search... maybe it was the wine bottle was from the CB house. Someone had suggested that earlier and that would work if LE was referring to CB house. Sorry......new at this...:banghead:

Very thoughtworthy and valuable read, posted by LLLindsayy, above. Don't miss it

It is my understanding that the first search of the car took place under the assumption that MC was alive and the victim of a kidnapping. The first search would have taken place because LE was looking for evidence of MC’s location. This search would have been different than the second search.

The second search was conducted to look for evidence of foul play. This search would have been conducted in a different way. LE would have been looking for different evidence and in a way that would convict the responsible party.

The second search revealed a single pearl. I don’t recall hearing about MC wearing pearls. I wonder if someone in the valley is missing a single pearl or has a necklace that was broken during a struggle?

I don't think the "single pearl" found in Mac's car was an item of any value or found there as a result of a struggle. I think it fell out of a piece of cheap costume jewelery worn by Mac or one of her friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daniellelacy