WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed above the said that VDD was being held on a million dollars, its actually only 100,000.00 not a million.

I guess depending on what the nature of the probation violation was and what he was on probation for, it could be reasonable. Most bonds require 10%, so that's only 10,000- but may be a difficult amount for someone of his means to come up with. I doubt if he has the assets to cover it. I have a feeling he's been too busy getting into trouble to acquire much in the way of assets. And boy, has he ever been in a lot of trouble!

I do really wonder if all this is related, it seems like the case could go in any direction now.

Looks like his most recent case was 10/15/09, news of record in WenWorld states: "Charged Oct. 15 with two counts felony harassment, fourth-degree assault and third-degree malicious mischief."

Yikes.

ETA, I'm going to paste all of his convictions from news of record that I can find.

"East Wenatchee, pleaded guilty to first-degree possession of stolen property. He was sentenced May 30 to 45 days in jail."

"Wenatchee, pleaded guilty to attempted second-degree assault with sexual motivation, reduced from second-degree rape of a child, and was sentenced May 9 to 15 to 36 weeks at a juvenile treatment facility, with credit for 62 days of detention."

That's all I could find in news of record.

"Wenatchee, pleaded guilty to attempted second-degree assault with sexual motivation, reduced from second-degree rape of a child, and was sentenced May 9 to 15 to 36 weeks at a juvenile treatment facility, with credit for 62 days of detention."

That's all I could find in news of record.

smb

"attempted second-degree assault with sexual motivation, reduced from second-degree rape of a child"

This is only the 2nd time I've ever heard of the charge sexual motivation & both by this same perp..It's likely an identical situation to the previous case discussed last night...If so, he obviously didn't learn his lesson OR the law the first time around but nobody should be surprised considering his list of other crimes too..It's obvious he doesn't give a damn so now they should throw the book at him! Ya think?

that all makes sense, but if it is him it makes me wonder why there was no rape committed. Seems like that is his motto. Why is his name not on the jail manifesto anymore either? Did he bond out? Would we be able to see that on the jail log? Is he being processed for a new crime? Have they said when the lab results are expected back?

Hello first time posting but been lurking on here a few years. what a wealth of information.Being a former resident of Wenatchee I recall several years back when a mother and daughter were murdered in East Wenatchee alot of people thought this was gang related it turned out not to be.The police knew who commited this crime even attached a gps to the suspects truck all the while telling the community they had no leads.I think they may very well know who did this.
I was wondering if anyone else found it odd that Mackenzies car was found locked.Why would her killer try to safeguard possesions in her vehicle?I reviewed the video from the Mission ST parking lot and she appears to be unlocking her car. Just thinkin maybe she ran into someone she knew followed them parked her car there grabbed her phone and debit card locked her car and went for a ride with someone she trusted.This persons vehicle could be the third crime scene.Sorry about the long post just really want justice for this beautiful young lady.

welcome to websleuths!

that certainly is a thought... that the car was driven to that feedlot area first. However, it seems that whomever reported the car being there for "an hour" had a pretty good watch on the area and makes me wonder if the caller would have also seen any other vehicles.

Does anyone remember if her phone was found in the car? For some reason I seem to recall that it was. ?????

welcome to websleuths!

that certainly is a thought... that the car was driven to that feedlot area first. However, it seems that whomever reported the car being there for "an hour" had a pretty good watch on the area and makes me wonder if the caller would have also seen any other vehicles.

Does anyone remember if her phone was found in the car? For some reason I seem to recall that it was. ?????

According to this the cell phone has not been found:

"She said Cowell’s cell phone, which has been missing since Feb. 9, has not been located “and it has not been used and we have been checking for activity.” - snipped

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/22/homicide-victim-was-not-sexually-assaulted/

I have been following this for awhile, it is so very sad. I have two kids and could never imagine what Mac's parents are going through. I just had a thought about the cell phone it seems to be in her MS picture she has a fairly recent cell phone, and I am sure LE have thought about this, and I could be wrong but I believe they can trace the cell phone up to the point it was turned off, I mean point A to point B so on, with longitude and latitude. Just a hopeful thought.

I do believe police can track her phone from the pings off the towers.Not sure if she would of needed to be making or recieving calls for this to happen.Also wonder how long it takes PD to recieve phone records.

I do believe police can track her phone from the pings off the towers.Not sure if she would of needed to be making or recieving calls for this to happen.Also wonder how long it takes PD to recieve phone records.

The phone doesn't have to be active (talking, texting) to ping towers. If you've ever driven cross country your phone will alert you that you have changed time zones once you cross the line. Your phone is pinging towers every few seconds to minutes so that the system doesn't have to broadcast a incoming call or text off of every tower, just the last one pinged.

Also, it's pretty well known your cell phone is only really "Off" when the battery is removed. There have been some articles out there for a while about how your phone can be used to spy on you even when it is 'off'.

ETA: It shouldn't take most phone companies very long to pull a phone record. As far as I know it is as simple as accessing the records and pressing "print".

That is what I was thinking, I know they said they had a ping off of a tower but won't say where it was. Like you said I have read numerous articles about how government can listen in even if your phone is off up until you take the battery out. I don't how much of it is true, I hope it is so they at least find her phone, some how that plays a mystery in this whole case to.

Heard a rumor that an arrest was made; however, I have not found anything.

Jimmy

I heard the same rumor. Someone is in custody, or has been? going to dig some more...

Do not say it, but was there a name or relationship to Mackenzie mentioned? The biggest problem is that every time someone hears something they tell someone else. If this continued for a year we would all be suspects.

Jimmy

if you look at the 911 logs, there is an interesting point. Maybe this has been mentioned, but after the 911 call regarding the abandoned car, there is a call placed for an "audible panic alarm" 36 min after the car call. Chelan County assessor's office indicates that property is owned by G&J Cowell. ??

There is also someone in there for 1st degree child rape and I dont remember seeing that yesterday.

if you look at her friends on FB I see one by that name ...wonder if its him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aideen24