WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep seeing references to Mackenzie saying 'I love the gangsters" on other websites. Just a note: teenagers use the word "Gangster" all the time, jokingly mostly, a term taken way out of context these days.

Saying it in passing is one thing, but to use it as your User Name or address for a social networking site indicates (to me) something more than just joking around. When choosing a user name or address, one usually thinks about how it will look to those who see it, and doesn't just randomly choose something stupid; one usually chooses something that has some meaning to them or that defines them or is important in one's life. I'm not saying that means anything about her choice. I'm just saying that, in general, I believe that you can often tell something about a person based on what they choose: Doglover143, kungfuaddict, patriotsfan, etc. are examples (made up by me) of what I'm talking about. I'll even be embarrassingly honest and say that I had an email address when I was in college and thought I was a hippie that was "captainfourtwenty." Read into that what you will :crosseyed:

At her memorial they had a slideshow and it said... Gangsteraide do you have it? its just a teenager thing, we all make peace signs and do funny things and say Im a gangsta its not a big deal that her myspace says kenzilovesthegangstas it seems like thats just her personality and she probably didnt think anything of it beings how on a myspace only her friends will be on it. by the way a myspace username is not your email address...

At her memorial they had a slideshow and it said... Gangsteraide do you have it? its just a teenager thing, we all make peace signs and do funny things and say Im a gangsta its not a big deal that her myspace says kenzilovesthegangstas it seems like thats just her personality and she probably didnt think anything of it beings how on a myspace only her friends will be on it. by the way a myspace username is not your email address...

I realize that a myspace username is not an email address. I just look at it in a similar way - it's something that identifies you to other people. And I realize that the term "gangsta" may not mean anything and may not be a big deal, and also that I may not understand the current usage of popular terms among young people (I am, afterall, an ancient 30-year-old). I was just explaining why some people may have been pointing that out.

WW article updated February 26, 2010 at 10:10 a.m.

Cell phone data places Mackenzie Cowell’s phone near a Wenatchee boat launch on Feb. 9, the day she disappeared.

Investigators say recently received cell phone records indicate that the last call on her cell phone was made in the area of the Wenatchee Riverfront Park boat launch near the foot of Orondo Street.

Doug Jones, spokesman for the task force investigating Cowell’s death, said investigators do not want to say who the call was made to.

Investigators are working under the assumption that Cowell, and not just her phone, were at the boat launch.

“It’s still kind of open as to how long she was there, or if she met anyone, or possibly she got into someone else’s car and went down there,” Jones said this morning. - snipped

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/25/cowell-boat-launch-day-she-disappeared-investigato/?online

According to early media reports, Mackenzie's boyfriend is 17-years old. He was with her parents when they went to get her car in the Canyon. If I remember correctly, JV is 19ish? That would mean that JV is not the boyfriend, correct? Or am I mixing JV up with someone else?

If JV is only 17 - please let me know and I will delete this post, but I'm pretty sure he is no longer a minor.

Salem

This is one of many mysteries. JV IS 21, and attends WVC. No question.

Who is the 17 year old is what many of us would like to know.

I think this whole thing about them not having any suspects is bull due to what I've heard... and the construction worker being arrested makes sense too. Who even knows...

I have to admit I'm a little bit leary of posting things on here... I really dont want to cause any haults in their investigation, I have talked to detectives and told them what I have been told,but it still scares me.

Chevygirl.... with CR, it just seems odd that she would have anything to do with meeting someone that much older than her--as LE says it wasn't an abduction.

Chevygirl.... with CR, it just seems odd that she would have anything to do with meeting someone that much older than her--as LE says it wasn't an abduction.

Unless theres things their not saying, because I heard they were looking for another guy but couldn't find him.... Honestly, I think that this CR guy was a helper with the killing of her and there was another guy involved but who knows.

I keep reading about her MySpace handle, and in her defense I think people need to understand that once a MySpace handle is made it can't be changed unless you start a new account with a new handle. (At least I haven't figured out how and if someone knows please let me know!) I made a MySpace about five years ago. I was 18, and while my handle is nothing inappropriate, it is very childish and nothing close to something I would choose today. At 18 I didn't realize that people even paid attention to what my url said.

Like others have said the term "gangsta" is almost used like the word "cool" used to be used. I don't think it is fair to say that she was necessarely involved with real gangs because of this small piece of information. The female gangsters around here are fairly easy to spot, and many of them come from families that have been part of gangs in the area for years. While it is possible that she may have upset someone from a gang, I personally do not believe she "hung out" or really loved the kind of "gangsta thugs" many are saying she did. Again, all just my opions!![/I][/I]

Chevygirl:

So, would CR have known her personally?? Would they have been friends/friendly...or are you/others thinking CR was helping someone who knew her more directly?

I think CR was helping her attacker if that makes sense? So I think that CR would have not known mackenzie real well but knew her attacker and was an alliance. I really dont know though.

I think CR was helping her attacker if that makes sense? So I think that CR would have not known mackenzie real well but knew her attacker and was an alliance. I really dont know though.

Has it been rumored if the attacker was young, around MC's age?

CR does have an extensive record although you can't tell what all the charges were.

I'm still reading - just haven't had anything new to say... Though I do find it interesting that this CR has come up again, as I remember the initials being mentioned quite a bit earlier here. I disregarded them because there were so many initials and theories being thrown out, and nothing that I read at the time about the CR initials popped out at me. But now I'm wishing I could remember where it was because I want to go back and read it more carefully!

why did everyone quit talking on here all of a sudden?

Lol...I'm betting our sleuthers are looking up these people...trying to see what they can find in the way of background!!

Hey Chevygirl...you're certain that this CR being talked about actually works in construction?

I'm still having trouble seeing his connection, but I get your point about being a helper. I suppose it just struck me as odd that the other CR that I posted earlier...coincidentally also has a record, is also in custody, and also happens to be a construction worker....and he's WAY closer to MC's age. I guess I'm just wondering if people around there are talking in initials, or if it is clear that the rumors are about THIS CR and not another person with those same initials.

I saw him at the memorial, he looked pretty young. I know for sure her boyfriend is a guy named ______ because the pastor mentioned her being in a relationship with her first love named _______, and he was there sitting by her parents and brothers. I hope I'm okay posting names? it was posted before so I think I'm okay? If not let me know and I'll delete this.

Chevygirl - I haven't read all the pages yet - but please edit your post and take out the name. If this guy is Mackenzie's boyfriend he is under age and we can not post his name here. I have edited the name in your post that I am quoting.

Thanks,

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members