WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimmy,

Don't stop posting on my account. My post wasn't directed at you, or at any other one person on here.

Time Line
3:00 PM Mackenzie leaves beauty school.
3:00 PM? Last text message “Hey hows it going?” return message “Hey”
3:00-5:45 PM Could have been down at the boat launch?
5:45 PM Last Ping
7:00 PM Car found
8:00 PM Car reported
11:13 PM Girl Crying (Might not be connected)
It takes approximately 40-45 minutes to drive to the location at Crescent Bar and the same to get back.

What is missing?

BBM

I meant to reply to your timeline (when you first posted it a few days back but didn't get a chance) re: the 911 call of girl crying..From the police log (which I don't have handy) it came from an address of a convenience store..I know this cos when I posted that addy a local replied it most likely was not her due to where it was located..They said it was pretty far in the opposite direction of her car & CB..I guess it can't be totally ruled out but only IF she wasn't at CB at the time most believe & then there's the time of the car dump to consider..KWIM?

ETA..Found the call addy:

10C01200 23:14:08 02/09/10 911 1329 US 2; DANS FOOD MART LV ACT

Reply by Girlfawkes:

Oh, OK probably not related then b/c that's up in Leavenworth, waaay away from any direction this case has taken so far.

The high temperature that day was 41 degrees so that's pretty cold to be just hanging around in the park by the river. If I were police I would be interested in anybody she knows who works in the area near the park and Orondo. I see there is a Gold's Gym there also, so maybe somebody who works out there or frequents some other establishment nearby.

She did belong to a gym but I don't believe it's been confirmed which one so we can't rule out it was this Gold's Gym..I said when this info came out way back that the perp may be someone she knew from there..I hope LE has looked at this angle.

I think they actually did say she was a member of Golds Gym, I remember reading that somewhere. Then again I could've just assumed it beings how thats the nicest gym in this town. Also, I want to clear something up, I didn't know Mackenzie what so ever, just know what I've heard around town. There are TONS of people talking about it, and it seems like everyone and their grandmas think they know something. I can tell you guys that their following up on every tip they get, from personal experience, and that JV is her boyfriend, noticed that at the memorial. Her memorial was very heartbreaking, and even I was crying, and it takes ALOT for me to cry. It was strange though because her boyfriend had only a tear or two, and he seemed non emotional or almost numb, which is guess is reasonable, I just know that If I or my fiance lost one another we would be heartbroken and tears would be streaming down our faces.. and her parents were hardly crying, I didn't see the moms boyfriend there but I'm not sure, beings how I don't know what he looks like. There were hidden cameras in there, and FBI or detectives hiding in the suites of the arena, thats what it looked like anyways, and they were taking pictures? not sure why...

I think they actually did say she was a member of Golds Gym, I remember reading that somewhere. Then again I could've just assumed it beings how thats the nicest gym in this town. Also, I want to clear something up, I didn't know Mackenzie what so ever, just know what I've heard around town. There are TONS of people talking about it, and it seems like everyone and their grandmas think they know something. I can tell you guys that their following up on every tip they get, from personal experience, and that JV is her boyfriend, noticed that at the memorial. Her memorial was very heartbreaking, and even I was crying, and it takes ALOT for me to cry. It was strange though because her boyfriend had only a tear or two, and he seemed non emotional or almost numb, which is guess is reasonable, I just know that If I or my fiance lost one another we would be heartbroken and tears would be streaming down our faces.. and her parents were hardly crying, I didn't see the moms boyfriend there but I'm not sure, beings how I don't know what he looks like. There were hidden cameras in there, and FBI or detectives hiding in the suites of the arena, thats what it looked like anyways, and they were taking pictures? not sure why...

I, too, thought it was weird that her parents weren't crying...but I know that some can get to a point where they just don't have it left in them. But honestly, and I'm saying this from a mom's point of view, I don't think I could ever get to that point. I'm not trying to be disrepectful to her parents, just commenting on an observation. Also, you're right...moms bf was not there. I know what he looks like and did not see him in any of the pictures. Are you saying that it was the police taking pictures? Or could you be referring to the people taking pictures for the WW?

I don’t think it is extremely unusual for someone not to cry at a memorial, especially in a situation like this. I am sure that everyone involved has been crying for the past couple of weeks and may be at that point where they can’t cry anymore? Also, some people don’t like crying in public and will do everything possible to avoid it.

I do not know this for a fact, but I would bet that more law enforcement were at the memorial than patrolling the streets. Taking pictures of people attending a memorial is a normal law enforcement function, especially with a murder like this.

Her boyfriend is that JV guy.. I hope I'm not going against the rules by putting the initials on here? but from rumors speculating and what not.. her boyfriend is NOT this poet guy, I can tell you that much. It seems more reasonable that it would be the JV guy? and who cares who her boyfriend is, the FBI knows thats all that matters, he obviously didn't do it or they would know more at this time. if the guy writing these poems was an interest to them he would have been questioned.

According to early media reports, Mackenzie's boyfriend is 17-years old. He was with her parents when they went to get her car in the Canyon. If I remember correctly, JV is 19ish? That would mean that JV is not the boyfriend, correct? Or am I mixing JV up with someone else?

If JV is only 17 - please let me know and I will delete this post, but I'm pretty sure he is no longer a minor.

Salem

I saw him at the memorial, he looked pretty young. I know for sure her boyfriend is a guy named J because the pastor mentioned her being in a relationship with her first love named J, and he was there sitting by her parents and brothers. I hope I'm okay posting names? it was posted before so I think I'm okay? If not let me know and I'll delete this.

I, too, thought it was weird that her parents weren't crying...but I know that some can get to a point where they just don't have it left in them. But honestly, and I'm saying this from a mom's point of view, I don't think I could ever get to that point. I'm not trying to be disrepectful to her parents, just commenting on an observation. Also, you're right...moms bf was not there. I know what he looks like and did not see him in any of the pictures. Are you saying that it was the police taking pictures? Or could you be referring to the people taking pictures for the WW?

I'm not sure.. there was a guy in the suite, in an all black tux sort of hiding, but you could tell he was there, taking pictures, it could have been the WW not sure. Also, there were cameras in there, one was hanging off of the net.

Who knows if they were LE or not, if you have been to an event at the center you will know that they have cameras all over the place. Chances are good that they are going over the video and stills that were taken during the memorial.

I'm going to post initials on here because this guy isnt a minor. But from what I've heard and I know someone who knows this guy... look at the inmate list for a guy with the initials CR, this may be the guy you guys were talking about that failed a polygraph test... I heard he was in for questioning, (so I'm not sure if there was a polygraph test or if this is 110% true or not) like I said its just what i've heard. anyways I've heard he was let go, and now they have him back in there. also I've heard he drives a white truck. I hope I'm not saying to much? I've heard a little more, and have told the police what I've heard. I don't want to say to much because I don't want to interfere with what they may or may not have.

Kirotv.com
7:56 am PST February 26, 2010

New Evidence Uncovered In Wenatchee Teen's Slaying

Detectives are working a new lead in the slaying of a teenage girl in Wenatchee earlier this month.
Police said cell phone records indicated Mackenzie Cowell was likely at the Wenatchee Riverfront Park boat ramp area shortly after she left a beauty school class Feb. 9. - snipped

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22681423/detail.html

I tried to go to the link.. it says FORBIDDEN, and that i don't have permission to access that website.

Sorry, i have clicked on it twice and it works for me....:(

You can just google it for a pix, though, under either LG Envy 2 or the way the news link article described it.

I keep seeing references to Mackenzie saying 'I love the gangsters" on other websites. Just a note: teenagers use the word "Gangster" all the time, jokingly mostly, a term taken way out of context these days.

here is a pic of it:
Mackenzie Cowell carried this model of cell phone. Investigators with the task force investigating her homicide are asking anyone who might have seen a phone of this type that may be connected with this case to call 663-9911.

cell_phone_t310.jpg

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/...aunch-day-she-disappeared-investigato/?online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shannyp