WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ChelanCountyMom - I alerted on your post because the link you posted is not allowed here. Generally if you try to post a link that is not allowed at Websleuths - the link will come up with asteriks. I don't know why your link was not automatically changed.

I just wanted you to know what happened. :)

Salem

All posters please note:

Reiterating what Salem said: no links to or discussion of items from that website are allowed here at WS.

Please also note that we do not allow sleuthing of minors here at WS, nor do we post full names of suspects or POIs unless they've been released to the public by LE. Use initials only.

We've removed posts that violate our TOS.

Thanks,

Hoppy

All posters please note:

Reiterating what Salem said: no links to or discussion of items from that website are allowed here at WS.

Please also note that we do not allow sleuthing of minors here at WS, nor do we post full names of suspects or POIs unless they've been released to the public by LE. Use initials only.

We've removed posts that violate our TOS.

Thanks,

Hoppy

Hoppy, I wasn't able to find which website you are referring to-- could I ask, is it the one referred to in the WenWorld comments about dream interpretation? I don't want to accidentally repeat the same!
TIA!

Another bit - I have gone back to look for the comments posted by cr. I know that it was before Feb. 15th. I cannot find anything.

Gramma, were the comments posted by CR on this thread or on WenWorld? I did cut and paste some comments into my own word doc from a poster on this thread b/c I figured the posts would get deleted- but I didn't put the name of the poster on them :banghead:

TIA

Hoppy, I wasn't able to find which website you are referring to-- could I ask, is it the one referred to in the WenWorld comments about dream interpretation? I don't want to accidentally repeat the same!
TIA!

Yes. vv

Does anyone have any other info on the mom's BF? Any criminal history? My bet is that they suspect the BF but are waiting on fingerprints or DNA. The sole fact that he has been left out of the media leads me to question him. The fact that the mom was told by the FBI to keep quiet as well. Did they live together? Does anyone know him? I'd bet he is being cased right now. This was not a job done by a minor IMO...

I believe you are square on greydiggity!!!! You seem to be extremely detail oriented. And I like the way you think quite frankly....

YES mom's bf has been questioned, relentlessly, and he has not been proven to be a suspect.

Does anyone have any other info on the mom's BF? Any criminal history? My bet is that they suspect the BF but are waiting on fingerprints or DNA. The sole fact that he has been left out of the media leads me to question him. The fact that the mom was told by the FBI to keep quiet as well. Did they live together? Does anyone know him? I'd bet he is being cased right now. This was not a job done by a minor IMO...

Why would you think this Greydiggity? I'm asking sincerely.... why the mom's bf? Why not the dad's gf? I'm not seeing a connection here and I'm wondering why everyone else seems too?

Salem

I agree Salem. Why has not the dad's gf been mentioned??? I have no idea what happened but I have a totally open mind...I hope ,,,I hope they figure this out......

does anyone know if Mac's dad had a GF?

According to people who were at the memorial, MC's dad's fiance sat between dad and MC's boyfriend. Also according to those same people, she had her arm around MC's boyfriend the entire service--comforting him...and MC's boyfriend was the only member of the family who sobbed throughout the service. While this isn't in any way an endictment, those same people said that they
'didn't see' mom's boyfriend at the event.....and, earlier in the day, I believe one of our posters stated that she also didn't see mom's boyfriend at the memorial.
Both reiterated that just because they didn't see him doesn't mean he wasn't there.

Why would you think this Greydiggity? I'm asking sincerely.... why the mom's bf? Why not the dad's gf? I'm not seeing a connection here and I'm wondering why everyone else seems too?

Salem

For myself, I noticed early on that articles specifically stated that mom and her BF had been repeatedly interviewed. To me this stands out in a case that is so wrapped in silence. Not saying I suspect him/them because not being inside the investigation there is no reason to, but it is remarkable that LE has said they were being repeatedly questioned.

IIRC, information about M said that she liked to work out- I thought I remembered something/someone saying Gold's Gym... It's right near the boat launch....

One question: Can they get the "ping" close enough to know it's the boat launch, and not a business near there?

Also, this is from their site....

Find A Partner

Looking for a a local training partner? Fill out the information below and our Fitness Director will help match you with another local person looking for similar activities!

http://www.goldsgym.com/gyms/page.ph...8599&cid=10578

For myself, I noticed early on that articles specifically stated that mom and her BF had been repeatedly interviewed. To me this stands out in a case that is so wrapped in silence. Not saying I suspect him/them because not being inside the investigation there is no reason to, but it is remarkable that LE has said they were being repeatedly questioned.

I remember that the FBI was questioning the mom and her boyfriend. I remember thinking that was odd and I believe we discussed it very early on in thread 1. We typed about why it would be the FBI and not local LE. So I do see that connection. But aside from that we have nothing to go on. We can't even seem to figure out his name? Or at least I haven't yet :confused:

I was wondering if there was more info somewhere that I missed that might point in this direction.

My problem is the lack of sexual assault here. Why would mom's boyfriend harm Mackenzie if it was not sexual in nature? Mackenzie lived with both her mom and dad, so if there was a problem between them, I would think Mackenzie would just spend more time at dad's. The boyfriend does not have to pay support for Mackenzie, doesn't have to take any responsibility for her at all really, so I can't see a motive I guess.

I'm really thinking that a woman or women are involved in this. Maybe I should do a little research about non-sexual, non-money, non-child abuse murders and see what I get :waitasec:

My thoughts on motive:
Not sex
Not money
Not child abuse

What's that leave?
Jealousy
Feeling wronged by Mackenzie for something?
Revenge
Drugs (I don't think Mackenzie had time in her life to be much of a drug user)
Gangs (I don't think the circumstances of this murder are consistent with most gang type murders)

What else? What is missing here?

Salem

What else is there?

Why would you think this Greydiggity? I'm asking sincerely.... why the mom's bf? Why not the dad's gf? I'm not seeing a connection here and I'm wondering why everyone else seems too

That is a great question. My response would be I just ASSUMED this was done by a male. BUT, the fact that she was ALLEGEDLY not raped could mean it was a girl. Honestly, I have suspected this was the mom's BF from the get go. I studiously came to the conclusion (!) that there was a drug deal. (now that we hear of the boat launch area, I am even more convinced of that) I know from all accounts she seems like a VERY good girl. Smart, friendly, happy, beautiful, etc. BUT sometimes when you peel back the layers, you get the real truth about someone. I think she got herself involved in some not so great activities. I think they waited to release this stuff until after her memorial to keep her perfect portrait. (In NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM am I disrespecting her or her family) JMHUMBLEO!

I have been studying your posts on this case for a few days straight. I started to review the 911 calls on the mason tribune site as well.

I am wondering why nobody here has figured out the mom's bf name? (or initials). I do know them, but I have just registered and I do not want to do something "wrong". Also, I am not sure why anyone has not mentioed what he does for a living..... key in my opinion. Does anyone know if they are still together or recently broke up? And why?

The reaon they have not released the autopsy report is because there is strong evidence they have is in that... for a pluthra of reasons. Also, it is really really sad and gruesme. Maybe they are also being thoughtful for the family on this....maybe two fold.

I am confident in our LE. They are phenominal. But everyone's posting are right, in that LE is not being forthright on what they know. It is a catch 22 for them... they have a duty to protect our community AND a duty to collect the evedence that's needed to make the arrest and charge this horrible person(s).

There is another propety they are investigating "completely under the radar". I know some of our community knows this, but we are all keeping quiet because none of us want to compromise their investigation. Maybe this will give all of you caring, SMART, and compassionate folk some reassurance that your thoughts are in fact correct on many levels.

One more thing, the 911 call from Dan's Market in Leavenworth from the girl that was screaming and crying that they could not understand, why could that not have been MC? Yes, it's a ways away from CB, but I think it is still a possibility. And, did anyone see the 911 call from the folks that found MC's body on the river? That would of been Sat. 13th about 2pm....

I believe the perp(s) have a close relaton to REAL ESTATE AGENT and or BUILDER. Every part of this investigation points to someone that has a SIGNIFICANT knowledge base of those professions...... probably not a dumb kid in my opinion. Of course, these are just my thoughts. Educated opinion....

P.s. I don't know how to spell check yet, so bare with me for a while please.

shortstuff, GREAT post. I too am new, and I feel like I am always breaking rules. I always feel like I am saying things that I shouldn't, so I keep re-wording or editing! I have heard A TON of stuff, through the grapevine and I hesitate to state what I know. (or think I know!) I have heard TERRIBLE autopsy stuff as well. Horrid. I also thought about that 911 call being hers. I think the time frame is longer than they were originally stating. I am completely in the dark regarding the moms BF. I know nothing, find nothing, see nothing, hear nothing, which could speak chapters. (or nothing!) There are a TON of intriguing points that when put together, resemble a complex, twisted case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3