WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Blood found in the apartment of a man charged with killing a 17-year-old Wenatchee girl is a match to the victim, detectives with the Douglas County Sheriff's Department said Monday.

Detectives said the blood stain, which was not visible to the naked eye, was soaked through the carpet and padding on to the concrete floor below. A sample was sent to the Washington State Patrol Crime Lab in Cheney where a forensic scientist was able to determine the stain contained blood matching Cowell's specific DNA.

Investigators also found blood spatter and smears in the stairwell of a basement apartment below a salon owned by the suspect's mother. Cowell spent some nights staying in the basement apartment as well as the studio, police said.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/105197199.html

I was just going to post the article from KOMO but I see babynurse and darlin gal have it covered.

This discovery leads to even more questions for me!

Blood found in the apartment of a man charged with killing a 17-year-old Wenatchee girl is a match to the victim, detectives with the Douglas County Sheriff's Department said Monday.

Detectives said the blood stain, which was not visible to the naked eye, was soaked through the carpet and padding on to the concrete floor below. A sample was sent to the Washington State Patrol Crime Lab in Cheney where a forensic scientist was able to determine the stain contained blood matching Cowell's specific DNA.

Investigators also found blood spatter and smears in the stairwell of a basement apartment below a salon owned by the suspect's mother. Cowell spent some nights staying in the basement apartment as well as the studio, police said.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/105197199.html

Did they really mean to say Cowell spent evenings in apartment?????

I was just going to post the article from KOMO but I see babynurse and darlin gal have it covered.

This discovery leads to even more questions for me!

Me too. Remember in the very beginning threads Mack was supposed to have a 29 year old boyfriend from Tacoma.....<modsnip> Wow lots of questions now. Maybe a secret thing.....just some thoughts that are probably, totally not correct.....

Did they really mean to say Cowell spent evenings in apartment?????

Good catch, 2Shy. I hope KOMO gets that corrected PRONTO.

Cowell’s blood found in Wilson’s apartment, police say

By World staff
Monday, October 18, 2010

WENATCHEE — Investigators say blood found in the apartment of Christopher Wilson, charged in the murder of Mackenzie Cowell, belongs to Cowell.

The Washington State Patrol reported the results to investigators in Wenatchee late last week.

The Cowell Homicide Task Force said in a news release today that blood submitted to the State Patrol Crime Lab in Cheney came from Wilson’s apartment at 119 Okanogan Ave.

More at link:
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/oct/18/cowells-blood-found-in-wilsons-apartment-police/

what about the blood spatter in stairwell of the salon. Has that not come in or is still being checked or not related?

This is one of the better known photos of Mackenzie. http://www.myspace.com/kenzilovesthegangsters/photos/67998034#a=0&i=68116803 I have always thought it was taken in her bathroom at home;She's taking the pictures herself, maybe? with the camera on her phone, which is still missing, I believe. Only tonight did I notice that the door is open a few inches and you can see someone sitting outside. The "last log in" used to say 2/9.

I don't see anyone sitting outside? It looks like pictures/posters on the wall to me ...

I just located what I'm pretty sure is a profile for Christopher Wilson on the Deviant Art site. Member name is MerDeMonstre and he joined using that member name 3 months ago; or to quote from his recent activity page, "Deviant since Jul 4, 2010".

From his profile page:
~MerDeMonstre
Christopher

Birthday
October 27

Included in his gallery are 5 prints that look the same as what I've read about being on his facebook page, prior to it getting whitewashed.

http://merdemonstre.deviantart.com/

More incriminating evidence, imo.

I also remember way in the beginning that someone said Mack's aunt had posted on facebook that Mack met someone after school something like that...so RUMOR???? Also it seems like some things that where attributed to other guys.......... sounds alot like the real suspect... obsession with serial killers and other odd stuff. My opinion only..

I also remember way in the beginning that someone said Mack's aunt had posted on facebook that Mack met someone after school something like that...so RUMOR???? Also it seems like some things that where attributed to other guys.......... sounds alot like the real suspect... obsession with serial killers and other odd stuff. My opinion only..

2shy, as soon as I read your post, I knew exactly what you were talking about. I was the one that posted this, so I went back through my history and pulled up the specific post.

First, here's a quote of what I said:

Mac's aunt/cousin (family member -- I'm not sure of the connection) found through her FB page posted in response to someone's question (where was she last seen?):

"In Wenatchee ... She was at beauty school and apparently met someone outside. It's pretty sketchy about where she went from there. Scary......just prayers and more prayers"

Not posting link because she's an innocent party, but the info seems interesting. I wonder if she has inside info or if she's speculating.

And here's a link to the specific thread and page that it can be found on:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4819278&highlight=aunt#post4819278
It's post #319.

I hate thinking this, but since she went missing Feb 9th and wasn't found until Feb 13th, do you think he held her there for a few days before dumping her body? or even before killing her?

I hate thinking this, but since she went missing Feb 9th and wasn't found until Feb 13th, do you think he held her there for a few days before dumping her body? or even before killing her?

Autopsy stated she most likely died on the 9th based on test of stomach contents, so I doubt she was alive for very long. Given where her body was found, on an empty property and hidden from view even if somebody happened to drive down the driveway, I think it was pure luck that somebody was taking a walk that Saturday along the river and found her. May have not been well hidden, but also not in a wide open or well traveled spot.

So my guess is she was probably moved within a day, and heck, if I lived in an apartment bldg with several connecting neighbors, I'd be wanting a dead body out of a little studio apartment was quickly as possible.

But then again, I'm not of a mind to be killing people in the first place. Or attempting to dismember, so I can't think like he was apparently thinking. Thank the good Lord above for that.

Only so far into the dark recesses of his mind I even want to try to explore.

ET: I'm reposting the link to the WW story because they have updated and expanded it greatly from earlier this afternoon, and since we have turned to a new page, don't want anybody just checking in to miss it.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/oct/18/cowells-blood-found-in-wilsons-apartment-police/

It's possible.

Since I'm sure an autopsy was conducted on her body very soon after she was found, the ME was probably able to determine time of death (within a few hours) since it had only been a couple of days. This changes as time increases, but since it was so soon after her disappearance, I'm guessing they were able to tell within a reasonable amount of time.

Also, I believe her death certificate said Feb. 9 so it seems to me that she probably didn't survive long after meeting with this monster on that day.

I remember the DC said the time between homicidal violence and death was "brief". To me, he had two possible intents in getting Mackenzie into that apt. I think they were either to seduce her, or, it was murder, all along.

your justice is coming pretty girl....
may you forever find peace....
My mom is an angel too...( I'm sure you have already met, she will protect you )

Police said that her blood was found in his apartment according to the below source.

Cowell&#8217;s blood found in Wilson&#8217;s apartment, police say.

"This is a fact that he is not going to be able to overcome,&#8221; said task force Commander Robbin Wagg in a phone interview Monday afternoon. &#8220;This is great news for us and great news for the Cowell family. They know now that we have the right guy.&#8221;

How does the Sunnyslope house and Crescent Bar house fit into the Chris Wilson story? Something was found up at Sunnyslope ----was he there?
And how would he know about the CB house if he and Mac didn't know each other very well?
That's what is making me wonder about an accomplice.......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3
Back