WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Do you remember who or when that was confirmed on the threads? I have been reading and looking for something substantial along those lines. Have been doing some "local" inquiring, as well.

Ug. I know I heard it a few times. I have no idea when, but I think it was quite a while ago. I can try and remember...

I do not know for sure about the video, but I was led to believe that video is not from the carwash. Attendant at the car wash could not provide LE with a description of the male passenger, and was shown no photos by LE.

Attendant couldn't tell if person was black or white but could tell it was a male???? Doesn't make sense unless police know exactly who this person is.

The follwing is JMHO.

I hope this is OK and proper to do here. The following are just some humble thoughts/opinions/ideas in time-line form based on what has been released by LE and speculated about here from information from first-hand or more-hand accounts. I realize that there are many holes in this scenario, but then there are many holes in the information we have. I do this with some hesitation since I am new to this and don't want to take up forum space unnecessarily, but maybe there will be a thought or two that has not been considered yet.

3:01 - 3:40 PM Tuesday

1. MC leaves beauty school at 3:01 PM.
2. LE seems to think that there is reason to believe that she was at the park/boat launch area by asking if anyone saw her or her car there between 3 and 5 PM.
3. Meets male friend there or somewhere else and they drive around (speculation).
4. At some point gets her car washed at drive-thru car wash with male companion (based, I believe, on first-hand account reported here of MC getting her car washed with a male companion).
5. MC drops off companion, possibly back at park/boat launch area.
6. At 3:40 PM MC texts bf and says "Hey," and he responds and says "Hey." Why now? Because she will be driving home to her father's house miles away and does not want to text while she is driving, but still wants to check in with bf. (Speculation)

3:40 - 5:42 PM Tuesday

7. MC runs some errands before leaving for Orondo where she is expected at her father's home for supper (supper time unknown). My understanding is that Orondo is about a 30 minute drive from Wenatchee. MC sounds like the kind of person who would want to be on time, based on accounts that she was a responsible person.
8. She decides to stop somewhere, or is distracted by something, or detours to meet someone close to her at a predetermined time and place. Is there a rest area, turn out, scenic stop or place where one might stop between Wenatchee and Orondo?
9. She is abducted by a stranger who is very familiar with the area and taken to an unknown location, OR she is overtaken by someone close to her at the location they agreed to meet.
10. After MC is taken the perp discovers MC's cell phone and removes the battery from the phone; last ping is at 5:42 PM.

Sometime after 5:42 PM Tuesday . . .

11. Around 5:42 PM MC is killed at another crime scene, but not in the car, before the car is abandoned. Perp begins to panic.
12. The car is driven by perp and/or accomplice up Pitcher Canyon road. He/she/they stop before pavement ends out of fear they may get stuck or run into problems on a more primitive dirt road.
13. Perp abandons car sometime around 7:00 PM.
14. Perp either meets an accomplice for a ride back to unknown location, walks, or removes a bike out of the trunk for the ride back.
15. Once the homicide has taken place and the car abandoned, the panicked perp can collect his/her/their thoughts and find a suitable location to dispose of the remains.
16. Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, sometime before Saturday morning, the body is prepared and placed at the CB location where it is found just after noon on Saturday.

This scenario depicts the terrible act(s) happening somewhat quickly, the first night or so. It also assumes that the perp(s) know the area very well, OR, if not a local, a predator who has gone to great lengths to have background information and was just waiting for the most opportune victim.

Please pick away at the thoughts; they are presented just to stimulate more thinking.

And remember they are JMHO.

Also I was told by a friend of mine that was once JF's roommate many years ago that "JF is a dirt bag and not nice to women". My suspicions lay with him.

Or maybe she picked him up before the car wash. If he is a HS friend, chances are it was an after school job and she was giving him a ride to work. IF the male passenger is the friend that works at Lowe's. Which would explain why LE didn't show any pictures to the car wash attendant. They already know who he is and why he was in the car.

Also doesn't make sense. If this person is an innocent friend just getting lift to Lowe's for work, why did police release the video and say it is the last confirmed sighting? Last confirmed sighting would have been Lowe's after dropping off her friend and police should have been asking for eye-witness around there. Unless this person is the suspect and they don't want him to know he IS the suspect. Police did ask for eye-witness for her leaving beauty salon and then more recently the boat launch area. Police know this person and this person is prime suspect. IN MY OPINION (which is worthless on my good days)

I did not previously post this. Just confirmed info I read hear with the previous JF employee I know.

Ajfa, The police had reason to believe she was at the boat ramp, because of her phone pings.

(snipped)
13 February 2010 (Saturday): (snipped) ... ... Investigators find evidence of homicide at the scene and inside the vacant home.

I believe this is bad reporting on the part of NWCN - turning "evidence gathered from house" to "evidence of homicide gathered from house". Paragraph here:
"Investigators have found evidence of homicide at the scene and inside the vacant home."

I would like to see that evidence of homicide was gathered from the house by more than just this one news article. Anyone else seen it printed elsewhere?

And by the way. GREAT time-line. Thanks!

Also doesn't make sense. If this person is an innocent friend just getting lift to Lowe's for work, why did police release the video and say it is the last confirmed sighting? Last confirmed sighting would have been Lowe's after dropping off her friend and police should have been asking for eye-witness around there. Unless this person is the suspect and they don't want him to know he IS the suspect. Police did ask for eye-witness for her leaving beauty salon and then more recently the boat launch area. Police know this person and this person is prime suspect. IN MY OPINION (which is worthless on my good days)

Right. The person in her car has GOT to be the killer. If he wasn't, the public would have seen this supposed second video. If he is innocent and he was ID'd, police would have added this piece into their timeline. If he was not ID'd by police, they would have released HIS image in hopes of someone recognizing him. They would say, 1. Here she is getting into her car, 2. Here she is at an undisclosed location with another person visable in her car and 3. We know she was at the dock at 3:40 (ish) From there it is a mystery. Police do not want this "person" to know they have this info. Again, they know WHO did this. They are only awaiting DNA results.

IIRC the R brothers were sleuthed because there was a rumor of an arrest. People were trying to find out who by comparing names on the Chelan County Jail Roster from the night before. It all ended up being rumor. I believe this was a couple of weeks ago.

I did not previously post this. Just confirmed info I read hear with the previous JF employee I know.

Wait!!!! Are you confirming my wild &ss theory as correct? Somebody write down the date, be right back, going to buy a lotto ticket!!!

Ug. I know I heard it a few times. I have no idea when, but I think it was quite a while ago. I can try and remember...

This is the root of rumors. I have commented myself on a thread regarding the relationship of JF and R brothers, I was insinuating that there may be a connection to them working on the CB house(?) No confirmation was or has been made. It is speculation, at this point.

My bf and I were talking today and it just so happens he knew JF when he was married to HMP in late 80's and that H had mentioned to him on several occasions that JF was very abusive. Just fyi.....

Right. The person in her car has GOT to be the killer. If he wasn't, the public would have seen this supposed second video. If he is innocent and he was ID'd, police would have added this piece into their timeline. If he was not ID'd by police, they would have released HIS image in hopes of someone recognizing him. They would say, 1. Here she is getting into her car, 2. Here she is at an undisclosed location with another person visable in her car and 3. We know she was at the dock at 3:40 (ish) From there it is a mystery. Police do not want this "person" to know they have this info. Again, they know WHO did this. They are only awaiting DNA results.

And further. Police don't release any information they know so they can use it to disprove the suspects alibi. That's where police remaining hush-hush about this case is now worthless. Between the video(s), eye-witness(es), and cell phone records they have probably shot this suspects first half-a-dozen alibis full of holes. So what's the point again of leaving a city on edge, buying guns and eye-balling their neighbors?

Oh, that's right they calmed everyone by saying it wasn't a murder and mutilation that involved rape so we should all sleep better knowing the suspect(s) have had another 4 weeks of freedom. Justice delayed is justice denied.

I would like to see that evidence of homicide was gathered from the house by more than just this one news article. Anyone else seen it printed elsewhere?

According to an Examiner article dated Feb. 23, quoting a LE official, "But we still don’t know where she was killed,” Smith said. “So we may have another crime scene at some point."

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...-scales--back-teen-was-not-sexually-assaulted

So apparently, at that time anyway, they didn't have any evidence of a homicide at that, or any, house.

I agree.

This is the root of rumors. I have commented myself on a thread regarding the relationship of JF and R brothers, I was insinuating that there may be a connection to them working on the CB house(?) No confirmation was or has been made. It is speculation, at this point.

How dare you use my quote and say "this is the root of rumors". I was not responding to your question of JF and R bros working. I was responding to someone asking if they had ever worked together on a site, and I said "I thought I had heard at some juncture they did." Then you say
"I was insinuating that there may be a connection to them working on the CB house". Why are you insinuating anything? If you want facts, you don't insinuate. Sounds to me like you got a few solid pieces of info from people with first hand info on JF and Bros. Speculation at this point on the CB house, but fact that they worked together at some juncture, which is what I was answering in the first place.

I have a sim card in my Verizon phone.

Thanks for that. I thought so too. SO if you take your sim card out and put it in your wifes phone, it is still considered your calls, your records, your pings... SO, the phone itself isn't the ultimate goal (except the finger prints), but more the sim card??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiprocker