WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It still bothers me that the Dad has been pretty absent here. No comments, no media. Plus, someone did post awhile back that the parenting plan between WC and RC only pertained to the sons. I just found that odd. However; it's nobody's business. Dad is grieving, I'm sure, but it all just points to LE already having a POI, regardless of what they tell the public.
None of this makes sense for a brutal murder and no arrest nearly a month later and requests for public help weeks after she disappeared. Any involvement in the searching by family members seems minimal. No public plea, etc. It does make ya wonder. Perhaps they just already know and are waiting for LE to make the arrest and the announcement and the rest of us are scratching our heads and going in circles! :banghead:

I could be completely wrong (highly unlikely though;)) But if LE knows and has reiterated their findings to the family, and one of them is responsible, there would be no talking. If LE tells RC that his ex and/or her BF is responsible and they are awaiting DNA, he would not come forward to plea. If LE tells WC that they suspect her BF, she would not plea. Someone has told them something because I would have imagined there would be some suspectual (this is obviously my own word meaning fireworks happening between family members who suspect each other) interactions.

I spoke to someone I know who works at Lowes and they confirmed that MC did infact have a friend who works there. I was told that they were not romantically involved and that their parents were close friends.

I heard this as well, but this "friend" was a former worker at Lowe's. When LE contacted him, he stated he had not worked there in months, thats why they stated they do not know who she has been talking to there.

I spoke to someone I know who works at Lowes and they confirmed that MC did infact have a friend who works there. I was told that they were not romantically involved and that their parents were close friends.

Do you know if it is a male or female friend?

I think partly because everyone that works there lives here and they don't want to 1) harm the investigation or 2) cause undue suffering on an already grieving family or possibly dirty up reputations, etc. I did hear that they did obtain some very pertinent information through the freedom of information act but did not release it because of that. LE owes them, big time!

and no, I do not work for WW, but agree with their decision.

What does this even mean?

I was under the assumption it was a female, and their parents were friends, but Hopeful stated not romantically involved, so now I imagine that would mean a male. Either that or we are opening up a whole new can of worms!

I heard this as well, but this "friend" was a former worker at Lowe's. When LE contacted him, he stated he had not worked there in months, thats why they stated they do not know who she has been talking to there.

The person I'm speaking of is still an employee.

I wonder if MC being left at a house that WC had listed was some sort of message to WC.. :(

The house MC was left at WAS NOT one of WC's listings.

Male.

So the male in the car at the car wash could've been him. She could've been dropping him off at work after that.

So the male in the car at the car wash could've been him. She could've been dropping him off at work after that.
Or maybe she picked him up before the car wash. If he is a HS friend, chances are it was an after school job and she was giving him a ride to work. IF the male passenger is the friend that works at Lowe's. Which would explain why LE didn't show any pictures to the car wash attendant. They already know who he is and why he was in the car.

You know, something I just thought of. Mackenzie quite possibly gave her friends free hair cuts.........for practice. Also, I'm not sure how far along she was in Beauty School, but all cosmetologists own their own equipment, and that includes hair cutting shears. Is it possible she went to give a "friend" a free hair cut and her hair shears were used against her in a fit of rage? (and I'm not suggesting it was over a bad hair cut!)

She quite possibly did NOT have her own equipment yet. IDK

Nice job on the timeline, Puf!

One small detail --->
"Manner of death" is homicide.
"Cause of death" has yet to be released.

Puf, I also believe that the time she truly left the parking lot, was 3:01pm. They had an error with the time the video stated. I'll try to find the link.

Does the Lowe's have a bunch of "day laborers" standing outside? I see them at the Home Depot all the time (even today.)

I was just gonna write how I don't like the Leavenworth theory - nothing solid takes us that way. Then I realized how great this forum is -- You guys can go on the Leavenworth angle and if it leads somewhere I'll wander up there with you too.

I don't see her going to Leavenworth... I've been there, for non-locals it is a "Bavarian village" complete with cuckoo clocks, lederhosen, etc. A few bars and restaurants. Mostly an older crowd during the tourist season.

My GF once told me (after we took a day trip there) "Paul, if I ever suggest going to Leavenworth for the day again, please slap me."

I don't know what it's like during winter, they may get some overflow from Stevens Pass ski area which isn't that far away.

Thanks guys... I edited the timeline to reflect those changes.

Some thoughts here...

Where was the purse located in MC vehicle? Front seat in open, I doubt any woman would leave her purse there then leave. Back seat under a pile of clothes then yes, she could have stashed the purse before exiting vehicle.

As stated before the cards are moot. Debt card could have been kept in drawer at Beauty Academy, or anywhere it only had $20.00 on it. Gas card could have been used then placed in pocket instead of wallet. LE are not asking for them so they should be assumed found.

WC 911 calls. A neighbor unknowingly dialed 911 while dusting the phone and within in minutes the police were there. She was told no matter what if 911 is called someone has to respond. In addition, they can track addresses via 911 calls.

Therefore, either WC had undercover watching the house so dispatch was aware there was no emergency or they were so use to her calling in fake emergencies they blew her off.

Can we clarify manner of death? We cannot find any reports of stabbing, shooting, power or construction tools, teeth knocked out, dismemberment, decapitation, Etc. or vomit. Not to say any of these are not or cannot be true. There have been several stories of a bag over her head (laying or pulled over?) and that her face had been traumatized. However, none of these has to our knowledge been verified. It would help if everyone clarified these type of statements by saying, this is what I think, I “heard” this, or I read the autopsy and this is what it said. We all know we cannot work on absolutes and we are tossing out theories here, which is fine and fun, but some of this is getting wild.

wow---that 911 call from Pitcher Canyon on 2/12 is certainly suspicious. Is that address one of the WC listings?

Hmm I just googled that address and came up with "a private company categorized under Land Preparation Construction"

The company also appears to have a second address, on Palouse St. So I'm not sure how old the first listing is with the PC address is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiprocker