WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WC has many listings up here in Leavenworth. Also Dans closes at 11:pm I thought it was odd that a person would not go into store where there are people so caller went to pay phone.

Can you give any more info on her listings up there? Vacant, spec, ??

I brought up this 911 call when we first saw the police log for that day..IIRC it was about 11p..A local said it was pretty far away & most likely not her & that was the end of it..If we go by the calls we now know have been deleted on the logs then I guess? we can assume it's not related..Btw..Also on the log that night was the report of the girl sitting on the train tracks which I never believed was connected but a few thought it was a possibility..Some kind of gang ritual (?) but I've never bought into this angle.

I thought of this a while back too, but disregarded it when it was thought to have been too far. But in light of the seemingly missing crime scene, I started thinking of this again. You make a good point about the missing calls though. I wonder if an officer was ever dispatched to the store that night?

Can anyone confirm that indeed Dan's has a payphone OUTSIDE the store that is working? Or perhaps someone INSIDE the store made the call. (I know here in VA, there appear to be a lot of payphones, but when you actually pull up, they are gone. SO, if the call was made close to midnight, did the killer(S) stop there for a brief moment and she ran out to call? We need to check on the WC connection in Leaven~whatever. I'm going to call now...

The phone call could not have been made inside the store because it closes at 10pm and the call came in at 23:14:08 (11:14pm). There is a payphone outside on the east side.

10c01200 911 hangup call 23:14:08 02/09/10 mcleod mike act
10c01200 23:14:08 02/09/10 911 1329 us 2; dans food mart lv act

rivercom,

female crying calltaker cant understand her
23:14:28 02/09/2010 - heneghen, scott
caller hung up on call taker

It is very dead at that time on weeknights in that town. Caller could have easily not been seen at that location by any witnesses.

Great. Did you "person" have any info about payment method? Someone suggested they thought it was "cash only" there. I am wondering if she used her debit to pay, or if that is a possibility. Also, do you pay in your car, or do you get out to pay?

You can pay by cash or debit here. The only reason you'd have to get out of your car is to clean it or use the self cleaning stalls...

look at this call
10C01285 17:01:33 02/12/10 911 1666 PITCHER CANYON RD, WE 4 ACT

If she went to Leavenworth at 4, was there by 4:30; that amount of time gives any person she encountered, about two hours to do whatever, and still get the car to PC Rd by 7.

IMO there would have been enough time for her to go up to Leavenworth(say, if she left the boat launch around 4), have 1- 1 1/2 hours to run errands/hang out with friends or whatever, and be back in time for dinner at dads by 7. Maybe she drove up there with a friend and that's where it happened, and the killer/accomplice (sp?) drove her car back to PC?

I don't think she drove her car to Leavenworth. I think at that point she was in another car. They would know that by the condition of her car. Since she had just been through a car wash, it would be pretty impeccable. If she drove to Leavenworth, there would be road spew (? my word) on the lower portion and underneath...

You do not have to get out to pay. You can just drive up and put your money in and then drive forward into the wash. During business hrs an attendant typically comes to your window and does everything for you (takes the $, selects wash, etc), as with MC.

I am 99% sure that the carwash now takes credit/debit cards. I'll go get my car washed there today to make sure!

My husband and I just went through the car wash next to Dusty's. An attendant helped us - my husband sat in the passenger seat looking straight ahead and he confirmed that while we were there, it was easy to avoid direct eye contact with the attendant. And remember, at this time, there was no reason to become suspiscious. My husband and I were in a mid-size SUV, so in MC's car, I would think it would be even harder to see the passenger. Most of the gentlemen who work at the car washes are older so I could see them leaning down just far enough to take the money or debit card and then sending you right on through.

I said wasn't going to repeat everything I have heard. But, here's a rumor that i have read here, several times, so I will tell you I have heard it, too. Crime was done by gang. Some of you seem to think there must several suspects, so I thought I mention what I heard. Of course...it's possible, I guess.

The word gang has several meanings. A gang could just be a temporary gathering of people. It doesn't have to mean an organized group with membership.

IMO there would have been enough time for her to go up to Leavenworth(say, if she left the boat launch around 4), have 1- 1 1/2 hours to run errands/hang out with friends or whatever, and be back in time for dinner at dads by 7. Maybe she drove up there with a friend and that's where it happened, and the killer/accomplice (sp?) drove her car back to PC?

Anything is possible, but remember her car was found in PC by 8 PM and was likely seen by 7. If Mackenzie was still alive and in Leavenworth and made that call.........but the phone was hung up, that would indicate to me that someone else was with her or near by and probably a 2nd person involved in the moving of the car, etc. Unless, the car was parked up there before she was taken somewhere else, which makes it more of a pre-meditated thing, IMO. It seems unlikely, but bears investigating.

from salon/dock/car wash area, is PC on the way to Leavenworth??

Nope. It's in the opposite direction. It's south of Wenatchee and up in the hills.
Would take a good 35-40 mins and maybe even longer to get to Leavenworth from PC. You would have to drive north through town with many signal lights, etc. Could take even longer.

I have asked this before but it got buried-----and then there is a new question.

1. Does anyone know if the R brothers were in or out of jail on 2/9? ---could they be involved in the "group" activities of 2/9............

2. What happened to the post related to the group of cars up by Sunnyslope the other night that looked like a SWAT team advance? Did that lead to anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member