WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome. And could your "person" confirm if they have video AT the car wash, or did LE have video from another place? Was your "person" shown a picture to try to identify the passenger? Thanks! Big help...

I do not know for sure about the video, but I was led to believe that video is not from the carwash. Attendant at the car wash could not provide LE with a description of the male passenger, and was shown no photos by LE.

I do not know for sure about the video, but I was led to believe that video is not from the carwash. Attendant at the car wash could not provide LE with a description of the male passenger, and was shown no photos by LE.

Great. Did you "person" have any info about payment method? Someone suggested they thought it was "cash only" there. I am wondering if she used her debit to pay, or if that is a possibility. Also, do you pay in your car, or do you get out to pay?

It was Dan's, right? If so, that's in Leavenworth proper.

Leavenworth to Wenatchee is about half an hour, depending on road conditions.

(I don't live in Wenatchee but on the other side of the hills close to US2, go camping there all the time.)

25-30 minutes is about right

To the person that posted the map - thanks!

One thing I noticed is how far it is to the next dam from where the body was found. It's about 13 miles downstream from Voltage, and 24 miles upstream from the Wanapum Dam.

Great. Did you "person" have any info about payment method? Someone suggested they thought it was "cash only" there. I am wondering if she used her debit to pay, or if that is a possibility. Also, do you pay in your car, or do you get out to pay?

You do not have to get out to pay. You can just drive up and put your money in and then drive forward into the wash. During business hrs an attendant typically comes to your window and does everything for you (takes the $, selects wash, etc), as with MC.

I am 99% sure that the carwash now takes credit/debit cards. I'll go get my car washed there today to make sure!

You do not have to get out to pay. You can just drive up and put your money in and then drive forward into the wash. During business hrs an attendant typically comes to your window and does everything for you (takes the $, selects wash, etc), as with MC.

I am 99% sure that the carwash now takes credit/debit cards. I'll go get my car washed there today to make sure!

GREAT idea! Check around for cameras too! Like you have nothing better to do today, right??

Thanks, but here's my question: are they primary sources (in other words, do they know first-hand, seen him with the truck, etc.) or did they hear it from someone else?

I'm asking because of what happened in thread #4.

I am not local, so I have not seen anything with my own eyes. I would say my info, relative to your question, would be second hand. I have no reason to not trust my people. That being said, I did not witness it MYSELF. I do have knowledge that is was Sangsters. Can someone call there and naively ask if this is where someone bought said vehicle because we are interested in the same salesperson? (and by someone, I mean you;))

GREAT idea! Check around for cameras too! Like you have nothing better to do today, right??

LOL. I'll see what I can do. I do know there is a Shell station next to the car wash. I have to assume that they have video cameras, whether or not they would pick up anything at the Superwash, I have no idea.

I saw this too. The only thing that kept me from mentioning it was her phone was stated in WW as a different phone than that.

Is the below phone a Unicell (may be a dumb question, but I'm not familar with brands of cell phones).

snipped-

Investigators also are releasing the type of phone she used — a maroon-colored LG EnV2.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/...aunch-day-she-disappeared-investigato/?online

If you are asking if Mackenzie's phone was a unicel brand, no. The LGEnV2 is a Verizon phone. One thing I was going to mention earlier but didn't think it mattered much was this:

When a verizon customer sends another verizon customer a text message you can tell if the person you sent it to has received it by looking at your sent messages. A check mark will appear by the message if it was delivered (not checked just delivered) but an arrow will appear by the message if it is not delivered (this happens when you are out of service area are or phone is dead)

My thoughts:
Mackenzie met someone and turned off her phone herself because she knew her bf would be texting her. If her phone was off it would appear messages were not delivered and she could tell him her phone died. Keeps her from being interrupted or caught with someone she isn't supposed to be with. Just a guess.

IMO - The fact that the male was riding around town with MAC (at the car wash), makes me think that person is NOT involved with the crime, that it occurred after they went their seperate ways. If it was an intentional (planned) act he obviously wouldnt be riding around with her before hand. That does leave the option that it was unplanned (rage).

What do you guys think??

If you are asking if Mackenzie's phone was a unicel brand, no. The LGEnV2 is a Verizon phone. One thing I was going to mention earlier but didn't think it mattered much was this:

When a verizon customer sends another verizon customer a text message you can tell if the person you sent it to has received it by looking at your sent messages. A check mark will appear by the message if it was delivered (not checked just delivered) but an arrow will appear by the message if it is not delivered (this happens when you are out of service area are or phone is dead)

My thoughts:
Mackenzie met someone and turned off her phone herself because she knew her bf would be texting her. If her phone was off it would appear messages were not delivered and she could tell him her phone died. Keeps her from being interrupted or caught with someone she isn't supposed to be with. Just a guess.

I asked this is in thread 4, but we all know what happened there! With her cell phone carrier, are there sim cards that go in the phone?

IMO - Also, the fact that LE hasn't publicly asked about anyone seeing her around Dusty's/car wash (like they have about the boat launch) makes me believe that LE has already confirmed the ID of the male in the car and has questioned him.

Thoughts???

This car wash DOES take debit cards -- I use my debit card there to wash my car all the time.

At that car wash, the attendant comes to your car window and you pay him. You may use debit or credit or cash. The attendant hands the driver a warm cloth to wipe the dash board with. The attendant takes off antennas. The driver drives into the car wash and the machine moves the vehicle through. At the end of the wash, the attendant comes to the driver side and is handed the cloth, and puts antennas back on. The attendants dry the car off.

There are several times during the car wash the attendant speaks with the driver.

IMO - The fact that the male was riding around town with MAC (at the car wash), makes me think that person is NOT involved with the crime, that it occurred after they went their seperate ways. If it was an intentional (planned) act he obviously wouldnt be riding around with her before hand. That does leave the option that it was unplanned (rage).

What do you guys think??

IMO - Also, the fact that LE hasn't publicly asked about anyone seeing her around Dusty's/car wash (like they have about the boat launch) makes me believe that LE has already confirmed the ID of the male in the car and has questioned him.

Thoughts???

Yes, it was the Superwash next to Dusty's Burger not the one on the corner of 5th. Also the attendant told LE the time was between 3:30 and 4:30.

If MC left the car wash, turning rt so she did not have to cross traffic, she could then have turned right on Hawley (Sav Mart corner) which could take her to Walla Walla Ave and by Lowes, eventually to Riverside Dr and the Orondo boat launch. Locals use this route quite often.

So, do we know if she was at the boat launch soon after she left the beauty academy or later? I just don't remember the time on that. We just don't know where she picked up her male passenger. However, it seems that she was heading south. I have heard two different times for the dinner date at her Dad's in Orondo, which would have taken about half an hour to get there from Wenatchee. I've read 6:pM and 7:pM. Anyone know for sure? I just don't see her heading west toward Leavenworth if she had dinner plans in the opposite direction. I can see her stopping in Sunnyslope or Eagle Rock, which is basically west and uphill to the spec house on Ridgeview. I wonder if her dinner plans included her boyfriend? I haven't seen much info on her bf, but if he's a minor....that would be why. If he was included, seems there would be more on her phone than just a "hey" txt. Perhaps somebody deleted pertinent txts.

On they keys, it's my feeling that, if they were locked inside the car, we can deduce that it was NOT MC that drove her car up there. Somebody already knew she wasn't going to be needing those keys ever again.

It just seems that everything in her day was pretty normal. However; it doesn't sound like she ever got to the point of heading towards her Dad's house for the dinner, and the incident that took her life (and it's my feeling that it happened before her car was taken to PC) was very local and not pre-meditated. If her male passenger had any ill intention's, I just don't think he would risk being out in public with her. It's a small window of time to come up with a plan to dispose of her remains if her death was the result of a sudden, heated argument or an accident. I do think the CB location was probably not the intended final destination, if her body was indeed where Del Rio said it was, which was hidden and not out in the open. If it was dark when she was "placed" there, the perp(s) probably did not know that her feet were visible from the beach. Just my thoughts.

Thoughts???

I think this is one of two things. 1. These are two unrelated instances. She leaves beauty school. Picks up her alleged new male friend from Lowe's on his 30 min break. They go to car wash, grab a coffee (?) and she drops him back off at Lowe's. Then she heads to the dock to meet up with the killer. (that would make up for the unaccounted 40 min between leaving school and the dock.)
OR 2. This is her killer in her vehicle at the car wash and the police have ID'd him already. If they hadn't, they would be showing the public a snippet of the picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen